• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RoninRay

Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio checking in. I can't believe I offered to work Monday my normal day off. Why o why. The only good thing is is I live like 5 minutes from my job

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna be passive aggressive and go in late and then drive there very carefully, and veeeeery slowly since freaking fast food shouldn't be open in this.

Ultratech

Oct 25, 2017
Earlier:

snowa6juk.gif

This is about what I got at my place. Just cold as hell and some snow.
Not looking forward to tomorrow.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Curious, do most homes in Texas even have heating?
Yes. Most houses have central air and hvac. In which case you have a furnace.

Thing is most of us never run our heating. So some people maybe trying to turn their heat on and it might not work.

This is only the second time I've turned my heat on since like October.

ZeroMaverick

Mar 5, 2018
Yes. Most houses have central air and hvac. In which case you have a furnace.

Thing is most of us never run our heating. So some people maybe trying to turn their heat on and it might not work.

This is only the second time I've turned my heat on since like October.
Yep. Mine crapped out this morning. Currently freezing my toes off

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017

Curious, do most homes in Texas even have heating?

Most do, but houses (especially older ones) might have pretty mediocre if any insulation, so there's no guarantee that that heat is going to stay in the house. Houses here are designed to push heat out because of our long summers.

Oct 27, 2017
San Antonio checking in. I can't believe I offered to work Monday my normal day off. Why o why. The only good thing is is I live like 5 minutes from my job
Well tomorrow, treat it like you like 20 minutes away and take your time getting there. Good luck and stay safe! SA here too, my work closed down today and tomorrow thankfully. Hopefully Tuesday too

fenners

Oct 27, 2017
So do we drip outside faucets or not? Everyone is telling me something different.

Yeah, I've heard a bunch of different directions from folks in my direct neighbourhood... My plumber brother-in-law said for our "modern" house (i.e. built in last 12 years), make sure the taps are covered well. We've got the styrofoam "cups" from HomeDepot + then a rag/towel to cover the seam at the wall + top. Our pipes are in the walls, so that's going to depend on the heating of our house... YMMV.

It's already brutal outside here, I have no clue how it's going to make much difference at this point :/

TylerD

Oct 25, 2017
Northwest San Antonio here. It's snowing now, first time I've experienced snow here since I moved here in August 2018 from Lubbock.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Looks like that bad hitting san Antonio will be hitting austin in minutes. May already be in west Austin

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I'm hearing branches breaking or transformers blowing but it sounds like fireworks in SA right now lol. I also wouldn't put it past San Antonians to be setting off fireworks tonight so 🤷🏽‍♂️

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Man, what I would do to get a winter wonderland down here in Florida. It's beautiful!!!

Apparently have a fluke weather pattern literally jet air down from central alaska for a week straight while moisture from the gulf going north.

It's slowly changing from sleet to snow here in Pflugerville. Originally we were to get 6 inches of snow looking more like we will end up with a half an inch of sleet and 2 inches of snow.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Between the fireworks over Domain Central Park and the branches snapping outside my window, this is prob gonna be a loooong night for me. It's weird having this much ambient noise amidst the silence of the absent traffic. Haven't left the apartment via car in three days now, thank goodness we stocked up last week.

Oct 27, 2017
Power went out. No WiFi. Typing this from my iPhone, will probably have to Hotspot my laptop in the morning. I have a few candles lit in my room and they smell amazing.

This is quite cozy actually, I might crack open a book and read for a bit. But right now I'm listening to Opeth albums with my headphones and enjoying the view. There's a nice layer of snow piling up on my street and backyard.

I also cooked up some taco beef earlier today, so that will be lunch tomorrow. It's good to plan ahead, but I really wish I stocked up more like those fools who ransacked the local HEB haha. I wonder if they took all the toilet paper again...

Last edited:

KingBae

Oct 28, 2017
The house I live in in Austin was built in the 30's. I can feel the coldness seep in through every window, and goddamn there are a lot of them! Stay safe, Texas Era!

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
It is shockingly bright outside in Austin. I can see around the whole neighborhood without street lights on.

The Kidd

Oct 27, 2017
San Antonio here, it's a decent snow, and the power has gone out. Def didn't expect this happening today, I should watch the news more