• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Dallas County looking better after the questionable 1st day vote. Still have yet to cast mine. Will look to do it tonight or this weekend.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Dallas County looking better after the questionable 1st day vote. Still have yet to cast mine. Will look to do it tonight or this weekend.

Yeah, Dallas turnout is looking good now. Can't compare to the Harris surge, but Harris was also starting from such a low base with its really weak turnout in previous elections, and Dallas didn't have the governor specifically picking a fight with it over voting rights the way Harris did. Turnout is looking good to great across the board, and stellar in Harris.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Yeah, Dallas turnout is looking good now. Can't compare to the Harris surge, but Harris was also starting from such a low base with its really weak turnout in previous elections, and Dallas didn't have the governor specifically picking a fight with it over voting rights the way Harris did. Turnout is looking good to great across the board, and stellar in Harris.
That and Dallas County is like half the population of Harris. But yeah either way good to see.

Also just got back from one of the polling places in Dallas County. People coming and going, but no line at all and in and out in a few minutes. +2 All Dem

ZeroMaverick

Mar 5, 2018
Damn dude. Either I wasn't paying much attention in 2016 or this year people are super fired up about voting. Cray.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
Between the Bucc-ees at Melissa that I always stopped at on my semi-regular work trips to Dallas pre-Covid and y'all pushing this hard to flip blue, have to say my respect for Texas is growing ever so slightly.

...Still can't say I like Dallas much, though, lol.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017

registered voters for 2018 gubernatorial was 15,793,257... or 1,162,262 million more voters than beto vs cruz which means texas is definitely in play.

if those new voters are 60% dem, that's +232,633 spread vs republicans... and beto lost by 214k votes.

though should add the whole caveat where not everyone who is registered is someone who will vote. like travis county at 97% voter registration... they still have trouble on GOTV despite the good numbers.

If the big cities have good turnout, texas will be blue.

Last edited:

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
forgot to say i voted today. it was 1.5 hours which sucked, but better get it out of the way since i went first thing in the morning.

Mashing

Oct 28, 2017
Can I vote on the weekend? I had some medical issues today that prevented me from voting. No biggie if I can't, I'll just knock it out on Monday

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Remember that the law that took away mobile voting sites requires ALL early voting sites to be open during the entire duration of early voting.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can I vote on the weekend? I had some medical issues today that prevented me from voting. No biggie if I can't, I'll just knock it out on Monday
my county had saturday hours. If you arrive early enough you might only take 0.5-2 hours so I'd try it if you want to get it over with since election day is going to have even more annoying wait times.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is awesome and keep in mind we get an entire extra week of early voting this year! The numbers will end up obliterating 2016 if they hold up.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's wild. Do we know how many of those were newly registered between 2018 and now? I ask because Cruz beat O'rourke by ~220,000 votes two years ago... Not that it directly correlates. Just something to consider in all of this.
Someone posted above there is like 1.2 million new since 2018

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Travis County breaking records too
TRAVIS COUNTY, Texas (KXAN) — With just 18 days before the 2020 election, Travis County broke its record for the highest single-day early-voting turnout.

The Travis County Clerk's Office reported 41,265 people showed up to vote in person on Friday. That's about 5,000 more than the first day of early voting.
sauce: https://www.kxan.com/news/your-loca...t-voter-turnout-on-a-single-early-voting-day/

The 2016 Pres Elec Split was: 65.8 % voted Hillary and 27.1% voted Trump (Travis County)
sauce: https://countyclerk.traviscountytx....on_results/2016.11.08/Run12/20161108cume1.pdf

Vark

Oct 27, 2017
Travis County breaking records too

sauce: https://www.kxan.com/news/your-loca...t-voter-turnout-on-a-single-early-voting-day/

The 2016 Pres Elec Split was: 65.8 % voted Hillary and 27.1% voted Trump (Travis County)
sauce: https://countyclerk.traviscountytx....on_results/2016.11.08/Run12/20161108cume1.pdf

97% of eligible voters in Travis County are registered to vote. We're tiny compared to the larger cities (850k) but it's still pretty impressive.

Also gerrymandered to hell and back.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Mike Siegel in Travis? Would be awesome if he could pull out the win.

Vark

Oct 27, 2017

Agent Matt

Oct 31, 2017
Dallas County, reporting in. I voted yesterday afternoon at Randolph Reed Center in Grand Prairie. There was no line. I was in and out of there in like 10 minutes.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He is! (And it's also my district) but it's also gerrymandered (shocking) it basically takes a chunk out of Austin then stretches all the way to Houston and swallows up all the rural area in between.
The Travis county portions of the district swung it for Beto last election so.. here's hoping.

Hope he pulls it out. Hopefully Dems get control of the Texas House too because if they don't redistricting is going to look even worse next year.

ConfusingJazz

Not the Ron Paul Texas Fan.
Oct 26, 2017
China
Curbside Larry is amazing, and teaching people how to vote from their trucks

After already showing you how to get books from the library

In Spanish too!

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Decided to go venture out after getting my car maintenance done and managed to get into an polling station where it only took me 5 min from getting in and out.

Cant wait to see the numbers next month.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Voted yesterday in Williamson Country. No line, but a steady trickle of people coming in. Apparently 30% of registered voters in WilCo have voted already.

Ultratech

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like quite a few people are turning out to vote. Good.

oh my god, you can actually look up people who voted? america you crazy man

Yeah, you just can't see who they voted for. Still a little nutty.

My sister actually got a thing in the mail from some organization telling her that she hadn't voted in the last couple of general elections.