• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SJPN

Oct 27, 2017
I've owned a PSVR since launch and for me drifting comes down to camera placement, not software. If your camera isn't directly in front of the headset and level you should expect to get drift. Also, I start my headset flat when I turn it on. I played for 45 minutes over lunch and had no issues.

The issue isn't that the game drifts, but that holding Options in this game doesn't recenter tracking.

It's simple enough to test. Look to the side in the game and hold Options. It won't recenter based on where you're now facing, unlike the vast majority of other PSVR games. Holding Options in this just adjusts the height, not the direction you're facing. So if/when the game drifts, you have no way in game to correct it.

Should be simple to patch. It's a solved problem. Crazy that it isn't mandated by Sony.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Yo, popped in here just to see wtf this may be after hearing the "LUMINES" talk on the BeastCast

I'm mostly here to say that the trailer in the OP for this game may be the single greatest video game trailer I have ever witnessed. Holy shit.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
whats up with the penultimate stage "Stratosphere"? there are no sound effects at all, that doesn´t fit the stage, you have seagulls flying and there are no sound effects at all...seems like they are missing somehow.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
This fucking game.

I haven't felt this chilled and stressed at the same time when playing a game before. The music and visuals are awesome, while those damn blocks get faster and faster lol. Addictive as crack, I'm totally hooked.

Tetris Effect, I'm yours forever.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
You guys really need to stop talking about the VR experience. It's making me want one.

giphy.gif

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Damn Best Buy is having issues with the Preorder theme codes. They of course are blaming the publisher so we'll see when i get that sweet theme :(

Hoping to get a good chunk of playtime later tonight. The demo was a blast.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
as beautiful as the last stage is, not really fond of the massive speed increase, it lasts too long and ruins everything you´ve built before...

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
This is the worst designed Tetris game of all time... how am I supposed to keep playing Tetris when I keep getting goosebumps and pausing while I drop my jaw
Please OP quote this in the first post. Extremely accurate.

Edit. This one too:

This fucking game.

I haven't felt this chilled and stressed at the same time when playing a game before. The music and visuals are awesome, while those damn blocks get faster and faster lol. Addictive as crack, I'm totally hooked.

Tetris Effect, I'm yours forever.

Last edited:

Adman

Oct 25, 2017
Took a shot at Master mode, and made it to M13, 135 lines in. I cannot imagine getting 300 lines at those speeds, it's insane.

Some of these songs are just beautiful though. It really does feel like the perfect Lumines/Tetris crossover.

Soupbones

Oct 26, 2017
Glad i looked in the options and discovered theres an HDR setting - game looks EVEN MORE AMAZING now.

wapplew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anyway to play Journey mode end credit again? One of the best end credit this gen!

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Journey mode on Expert. Incredible experience which truly makes me feel as if I've transcended my body at points in terms of the intensely demanding difficulty and speed.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing this 2D, and it is absolutely addictive. Having played Lumines on PS4 recently it's making me appreciate the evolution of Mizuguchi. I'm having way more fun with this... Then again you can't go wrong with Tetris as a foundation.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pray for my eyes, friends. I love the game but that final stage just slays me.

Otter

Oct 27, 2017
The issue isn't that the game drifts, but that holding Options in this game doesn't recenter tracking.

It's simple enough to test. Look to the side in the game and hold Options. It won't recenter based on where you're now facing, unlike the vast majority of other PSVR games. Holding Options in this just adjusts the height, not the direction you're facing. So if/when the game drifts, you have no way in game to correct it.

Should be simple to patch. It's a solved problem. Crazy that it isn't mandated by Sony.
I've had this happen too, what I do is after a level when it gets bad just hit circle a few times to get to the main menu and switch to 2d mode, then back to VR mode and it will recenter

Eternalgamer

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Does anybody know how to get louder music out of the headphones attached to PSVR? I have the volume all the way up but it's still underwhelming. I dont' know why headphone volume tops out so quite. I don't need it to break my ear drums, but I'd like it loud enough to be fully submerged into it.

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
When is the soundtrack hitting itunes, I need to be listening to these tunes nonstop

Deleted member 6215

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I love Tetris much and this looks fantastic. About ready to buy a PS4 just for this game alone. I'm assuming I should wait for Black Friday deals?

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I'm tempted to give in and buy this. If I bought a $50 PlayStation network code can I use that and pay the remaining cost with my credit card or does Sony require one form of payment per purchase?

Anyone want to buy my ps Netflix redemption code?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I love Tetris much and this looks fantastic. About ready to buy a PS4 just for this game alone. I'm assuming I should wait for Black Friday deals?
For the game or a PS4? PS4 will have a bundle where you get a 1TB PS4 Slim & Spider-Man for $200, which is an amazing deal. For the game itself, I have no idea. MAYBE GameStop will have it for $10 off, but nowhere else I've seen has it on sale for BF.

I'm tempted to give in and buy this. If I bought a $50 PlayStation network code can I use that and pay the remaining cost with my credit card or does Sony require one form of payment per purchase?
Yes, you can pay off any extra amount not in your wallet with a debit/credit card.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK

$199 with Spider-Man and sounds like there's going to be lots of stock. If you can wait, get it then.

PSVR will also be on sale if you wanted to experience this in virtual reality, which I recommend.

Deleted member 6215

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For the game or a PS4? PS4 will have a bundle where you get a 1TB PS4 Slim & Spider-Man for $200, which is an amazing deal.

$199 with Spider-Man and sounds like there's going to be lots of stock. If you can wait, get it then.

Thanks guys, referring to the system. Is that $199 deal specific to any one vendor? Hopefully it won't require having to head out to a store and deal with BF madness.

For the game, I won't wait around for a sale. Somehow I missed that E3 trailer completely, it blew me away and I need that soundtrack....

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
OH HELL YEAH, SS ON QUICK PLAY. Guessing you need 11,000+ but that feels so satisfying.

Defunkled

Oct 29, 2017
Has anyone else gotten their pre-order bonuses from Amazon? I pre-ordered a week ago and received the game today but no email with a code.

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus Christ I can't get over how good this game is. Lights down, headphones blasting. It's a damn near out-of-body experience.

I think if I had a PSVR I'd cease existence as I know it.

(Can't believe the game that might finally sell me on a PSVR is fucking Tetris. Mizuguchi, you beautiful son of a bitch, never change.)

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Still no word on when the Weekend Rituals happen? I have a bad feeling that because of my night shift schedule, I won't be able to partake in them.