• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Very good Tetris game and a great VR game to boot.

Genuinely one of my favorite games of 2018. And I only played about 50% of my playtime in PSVR. VR's not mandatory for the game by any stretch but it is definitely a neat game in VR regardless.

May 30, 2018
did a full playthrough of Journey mode tonight with my Xbox One controller paired. D-Pad works fine on that. i like the XB1 D-Pad enough but it's a bit of a reach for my thumb. will try a PS4 controller next time.

i don't know if something's up with my headset but there seemed to be a not-insignificant amount of hitching and stuttering. the yin & yang stage especially seemed to be dropping frames a decent amount but that was just one that stood out. i wonder if they need to optimize it a bit better or if something was just making my Quest cranky tonight. i did a full restart midway through which seemed to sort of help but it still just felt off at times. there was even one or two times where it dropped button inputs.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
I'm tempted to get this but I am not sure if I should just get the one of Epic games. Does this Quest version look noticeably worse compared to PC or PS4?

May 30, 2018
I'm tempted to get this but I am not sure if I should just get the one of Epic games. Does this Quest version look noticeably worse compared to PC or PS4?
definitely looks worse, yeah - much lower res and less flashy which is to be expected. still highly recommended- if you're ok being tethered go PC and get it cheap on Epic with the coupon, but i wouldn't grab it if you were planning to use Virtual Desktop since any lag can be a big deal in tetris.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
definitely looks worse, yeah - much lower res and less flashy which is to be expected. still highly recommended- if you're ok being tethered go PC and get it cheap on Epic with the coupon, but i wouldn't grab it if you were planning to use Virtual Desktop since any lag can be a big deal in tetris.

Thanks, I'll probably wait for a sale. I do want to be able to play wirelessly.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Some people are now getting VD latency that matches or beats Link.

I've been waiting a long time, I'm going to see what happens with Steam and Rift/Link/VD in a couple months.

naitosan

Oct 28, 2017
Bought it from EGS since it's on sale plus $10 coupon and supports Steam/Oculus VR. Recently played it using link cable with Quest. Incredible game.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm digging it, because I love Tetris. But, I'm not really "getting" what the VR adds to it. I'd prefer a d-pad over the oculus stick.