• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fishsnot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
In the summer of 2021.

NjYj3Eg.png

Fuck me sideways, you couldn't make this shit up.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
This is too dumb, Epic Games is still behind this right?

Don't think it's Microsoft when all their console exclusive 3rd party games are launching on Steam.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
For a company that doesn't put out a lot of games, they sure do seem to enjoy making a mess of the one they do.

cnrm

Oct 25, 2017
The Epic Games Store version of Tetris Effect isn't getting the Connected update until 2021 either and November 2020 to Summer 2021 is less than a year so that reply is kind of misleading.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
For a company that doesn't put out a lot of games, they sure do seem to enjoy making a mess of those one they do.

Yes, they also got a lot of money

Sony moneyhatted the game first
Epic Games followed for PC release after the Sony exclusivity ended
Microsoft followed Epic Games for the MP update

RedShift

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to Epic spending all their money on suing Apple rather than making PC gaming more annoying.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Trolling
Wah fuck epic and not the dev for going with every exclusive deal under the sun..... oh wait its hot takes that people want to make that didn't realize that the devs are doing that -_-

OP
OP
Fishsnot

Fishsnot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
I just don't understand what the fuck Enhance are playing at?
What is the point of doing this?
it benefits no one.

I think this purposeful 2 year off Steam exclusivity is the longest in video game history.

Relic

Oct 28, 2017
They can't keep getting away with it. I've been waiting so long to play this game on Steam.

Ababol

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Trolling
The Steam children at it again:
  • The EGS isn't getting Tetris Connected until Summer 2021 either.
  • You can still play it on PC via the Microsoft Store.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I wonder if they'll bother launching the PCVR version on the Oculus store then too, especially considering the fact that it's technically on the Oculus store already with the Quest port.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Good thing I'm waiting for the Connected update anyway, I'll just wait until then and buy it all together on Steam hopefully! It's not that I don't want to buy it on EGS, it's just there's not really been any sales of it so im in no rush.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure Google will have an offer of their own lined up for when Microsoft's moneyhat expires.

Quadruple Moneyhat Let's GOOOOOOOO

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
November 9, 2018: PlayStation 4
July 23, 2019: Epic Game Store
May 14, 2020: Oculus Quest
November 10, 2020: Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Windows Store
Summer 2021: multiplayer update for PS4/EGS/Oculus, launch on steam*

*if stadia doesn't want to pay up for another deal

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I just don't understand what the fuck Enhance are playing at?
What is the point of doing this?
it benefits no one.

I think this purposeful 2 year off Steam exclusivity is the longest in video game history.
It benefits them since they get exclusivity checks. It's stupidly anti-consumer, but I assume they dont care about that. Otherwise they wouldn't continue to cut new exclusivity deals.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
This is why i can't wait for epic to get bled dry by apple. This shit will be at least much less that way. Don't care about anything else if epic keep affecting my gaming hobby this directly.

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is why i can't wait for epic to get bled dry by apple. This shit will be at least much less that way. Don't care about anything else if epic keep affecting my gaming hobby this directly.
So you don't care that sony/microsoft/Facebook also moneyhatted the game or is it just Epic that upsets you?
You should be pissed at the devs for being this fucking greedy at this point to have been moneyhatted this much.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
The Epic Games Store version of Tetris Effect isn't getting the Connected update until 2021 either and November 2020 to Summer 2021 is less than a year so that reply is kind of misleading.
Yeah I'm not sure what the point of including that part is. Could have just included the tweet from Enhance.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe if they keep adding new stuff to another platform they can just delay the Steam version for a decade!

Tetris Effect PC has been handled insanely bad it's infuriating. Just let me play it where I want to play it.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Yes? Iam on PC only. I care what happens to where i play my games only. Outside of PC, exclusivity deals are kind of the norm which is sad but in PC gaming where its all about user options and choice, this shit is bad.
Tetris Effect Connected won't be on EGS either, what are you talking about?

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Play on the windows store.... or is that Eric's fault too?
Lol if you believe what you're saying and tell me to play it on windows store...then WOW. You do know how rife is the win10 store with bugs and glitches right? i've had bad experiences there and i wouldn't want to waste my limited money spending on gaming on there and considering windows store and other stores don't even support the payment methods and wallet credit system that helps me buy and play games in the first place. Its a big ask

Tetris Effect Connected won't be on EGS either, what are you talking about?

Base game is EGS exclusive thats why steam for Tetris Connected is summer 2021 no?

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Really stretching the exclusivity windows on this one. Their prerogative of course. But whew, giving everyone a turn on the Tetris train must be quite lucrative. Really hope these drawn out deals don't become the new norm.

Ababol

Oct 25, 2017
Knock it off with this bullshit. There are legitimate reasons to be upset about this. This new landscape on PC is bullshit.

PS4, EGS and Oculus users can complain that an upgrade is being witheld by Enhance, but they were never promised MP in the first place.

In the case of PC, you can play it in two months, you can have it as part of the Game Pass too and, if you somehow don't want to use the Microsoft Store, you can still play it on Steam and the EGS in a year.

You have many more options with Tetris Effect than with your average game.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I would have bought the game on Steam if it were available. It's not really a high priority title for me. If they would rather get money from exclusive deals, rather than sales, I guess that's up to them.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Lol if you believe what you're saying and tell me to play it on windows store...then WOW. You do know how rife is the win10 store with bugs and glitches right? i've had bad experiences there and i wouldn't want to waste my limited money spending on gaming on there and considering windows store and other stores don't even support the payment methods and wallet credit system that helps me buy and play games in the first place. Its a big ask

Base game is EGS exclusive for a year thats why steam for Tetris Connected is summer 2021 no? Why do you think Tetris Effect Connected will not be on EGS also?

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that Samurai Shodown is still not on Steam, after SNK took an exclusivity deal first with Stadia and then with Epic, despite saying they wouldn't.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I have to imagine Epic is involved in this. Microsoft doesn't seem to have a problem with games coming to Steam alongside their own store.
Hopefully this version will be available to play directly from within SteamVR rather than needing to piss around on the desktop.

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have to imagine Epic is involved in this. Microsoft doesn't seem to have a problem with games coming to Steam alongside their own store.
Hopefully this version will be available to play directly from within SteamVR rather than needing to piss around on the desktop.
Phantasy star online 2 says hi. That was moneyhatted for a time.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft is definitely involved with this. The Connected version of the game is exclusive to MS platforms until Summer 2021. None of the prior releases are being updated until then.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
The Steam children at it again:
  • The EGS isn't getting Tetris Connected until Summer 2021 either.
  • You can still play it on PC via the Microsoft Store.
The fact you suggested people playing it on MS store, solidifies the fact that you don't know shit how many people face issues and severe bugs on the MS store even if you don't face or had faced any issues yourself. Make a better effect next time and without the condescending tone. Thanks.

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact you suggested people playing it on M store, solidifies the fact that you don't know shit how many people face issues and severe bugs on the MS store. Make a better effect next time and without the condescending tone. Thanks.
Again there's the reason you can't play it... MICROSOFT.... what did epic do that made the dev put the multi-player and other pc version exclusive to them till summer?
And yes I'm aware of the shit show microsoft store can be at times... like having to fix your hard drive because it deleted pso2 and you had to find hidden folders to fix it or loose 100gb.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Again there's the reason you can't play it... MICROSOFT.... what did epic do that made the dev put the multi-player and other pc version exclusive to them till summer?
Well its an EGS exclusive also and those are usually one year exclusives.. it usually makes sense no? Even if MS had it exclusive, usually they don't delay steam releases but epic does do it. So its easy to see who is the likely one to do it here. MS most probably had it console exclusive.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Why are people mad at Epic here when it's a Microsoft moneyhat, lmao

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well its an EGS exclusive also and those are usually one year exclusives.. it usually makes sense no? Even if MS had it exclusive, usually they don't delay steam releases but epic does do it. So its easy to see who is the likely one to do it here. MS most probably had it console exclusive.
And I say again, microsoft did moneyhat PSO2 and that was delayed on steam for a while. And that was this year

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
This sucks. I was going to play this on Game Pass regardless but this fractured marketplace just makes me want to hold off on buying the game until there's some certainty (or it's super heavily discounted).

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
And I say again, microsoft did moneyhat PSO2 and that was delayed on steam for a while.
Well i did say usually and PSO2 is a weird case where a company like SEGA japan is involved too but sure MS might've had a hand in it too but PSO2 is an popular online only game that has had a cult audience playing it consistently and there is MTX too. Tetris Effect a single player game. MS has never made a SP game fully exclusive. They always let there be a steam releases. Take a look at cuphead for instance or any other third party limited exclusive.