• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Any impressions on the PC version yet?

Lots more effects and particles possible. VR looks great - though on my "typical" resolution WMR set, the screen door effect is really obvious on bright stages like the windmill stage. Still, holy shit is it nice. I bet this game is even more breathtaking on a premium VR headset with that extra resolution.

laciel

Oct 25, 2017
this game is so fucking good, it's an absolute audio visual treat, especially in VR

i found myself getting utterly lost in it and *whoops* 4 hours passed by lol

it was definitely worth waiting for!!

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Holy shit this game is great. The audio and art direction really elevate an already great game. I have to admit I doubted that it was as good as some said but am so glad to be wrong. Too bad I suck at Tetris lol

ShiningBash

Oct 29, 2017
Holy shit this game is great. The audio and art direction really elevate an already great game. I have to admit I doubted that it was as good as some said but am so glad to be wrong. Too bad I suck at Tetris lol
I only played the first stage and the first song made me tear up for some reason. It's such a beautiful game.

PepperedHam

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Anyone notice any weird stickiness/unreponsiveness on moving pieces after line clears? Like they get stuck briefly? Trying to nail this down as something hardware related my end rather than something wrong the port since nobody seems to be reporting it anywhere. (though not sure what it could be, I've gotten it with settings both turned down and turned up).

At first I thought it was my just my wired 360 controller being junky but it was happening with my DS4 too. So weird.

ShiningBash

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone notice any weird stickiness/unreponsiveness on moving pieces after line clears? Like they get stuck briefly? Trying to nail this down as something hardware related my end rather than something wrong the port since nobody seems to be reporting it anywhere. (though not sure what it could be, I've gotten it with settings both turned down and turned up).

At first I thought it was my just my wired 360 controller being junky but it was happening with my DS4 too. So weird.
I've only played for 30 min, and I didn't notice anything. However, I'm going to look out for this going forward, and I'll let you know if I see anything weird.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I want to buy this game but paying in USD as a Canadian sucks.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

I sucked too but I learned a lot just by playing the game. Went with easy mode first and then beat normal afterwards.

Hard is still too much for me though lol

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I sucked too but I learned a lot just by playing the game. Went with easy mode first and then beat normal afterwards.

Hard is still too much for me though lol

When I started Tetris and I would fail at level 6 of Marathon, now I can get S rank on Master. Keep at it and you will get better. Slowly your brain will see the patterns and process them faster and faster.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017

There's a built in delay after a line clears before the next one starts dropping, if that's what you are referring to.

J.Devesh

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I would be very curious about the fact if it is a Sony console exclusive or not. Because a similar situation happened with REZ (no XONE version, only PS4 and PC after # months) but not with Lumines.

Hmm... Does someone know something?

Oct 28, 2017
I was clicks away from biting my lip and buying this to start playing this morning but I'm shocked the game is still not actually out even though it is July 23rd in every single timezone in the world.

How can anyone take this company seriously...

How the hell do you not have midnight releases for your store/launcher in 2019?

Even PlayStation has figured that out and it used you had to wait until 5-6 PM on Tuesdays for the new games to drop... During the PS3 era

I guess I shouldn't be surprised when they have to manually push out updates/downloads for every game manually

How about they invest in developing their store rather than snatching up exclusivity rights and giving customers sub-par digital store front experience.

Tangentially related, but Sergey is still raking in $14.2k a month from his steamspy patreon. And that just rubs me wrong in all sorts of ways.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I did a review update on the PC version. The port is exceptional to an already fantastic game.

Great review.
Is FXAA the highest AA we can use?
Please tell me the .ini files are unlocked....this can liklely run at 8K on anything past a GTX 970.
Dunno if UE4s TAA would help the game but will test when I get a chance.

P.S Somewhere in the middle you started playing badly for some reason....dont do that, it was so frustrating watchin you suddenly get bad.

DustinCanFly

Handsome Phantom
Verified
Mar 12, 2018
Butler, PA
Great review.
Is FXAA the highest AA we can use?
Please tell me the .ini files are unlocked....this can liklely run at 8K on anything past a GTX 970.
Dunno if UE4s TAA would help the game but will test when I get a chance.

P.S Somewhere in the middle you started playing badly for some reason....dont do that, it was so frustrating watchin you suddenly get bad.

I'm not sure about the AA or the .ini files but I can check into it.

P.S Thanks for the tip. I'll make sure to play the super fast difficult ending perfectly next time.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure about the AA or the .ini files but I can check into it.

P.S Thanks for the tip. I'll make sure to play the super fast difficult ending perfectly next time.
lol, honestly
black_stride, what you said was a little uncalled for imo lol

Make no mistake I wasnt being serious.
I wasnt trying to hate or anything, but i guess from text you couldnt really read the tone.

It was an awesome review......Ive been looking forward to Tetris Effect on PC specifically because I wanted the....err best experience possible so seeing a PC specific review is a godsend.

DustinCanFly

Handsome Phantom
Verified
Mar 12, 2018
Butler, PA
Make no mistake I wasnt being serious.
I wasnt trying to hate or anything, but i guess from text you couldnt really read the tone.

It was an awesome review......I've been looking forward to Tetris Effect on PC specifically because I wanted the....err best experience possible so seeing a PC specific review is a godsend.

It's all good. No harm done. YouTube comments tearing up anything that isn't perfect as "bad gameplay" have gotten out of hand the past few years and made me quick to defend unfortunately.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed a few weird instances where the game crashes, like trying to do one of the focus modes straight after starting the game.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I was clicks away from biting my lip and buying this to start playing this morning but I'm shocked the game is still not actually out even though it is July 23rd in every single timezone in the world.

How can anyone take this company seriously...

How the hell do you not have midnight releases for your store/launcher in 2019?

Even PlayStation has figured that out and it used you had to wait until 5-6 PM on Tuesdays for the new games to drop... During the PS3 era

I guess I shouldn't be surprised when they have to manually push out updates/downloads for every game manually

How about they invest in developing their store rather than snatching up exclusivity rights and giving customers sub-par digital store front experience.

It kills me how shitty they treat Unreal Tournament at Epic now. The game that literally made the company.
You would never know that Unreal was more than just an engine at this point.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I've noticed a few weird instances where the game crashes, like trying to do one of the focus modes straight after starting the game.

That's been happening to me.

Funnily enough after my save got wiped it then immediately had a crash after I found out and was level 1 again.

i just went ahead and requested a refund, depressingly. Until EGS has cloud saves it's not worth it.

After this though i'll probably just wait for the steam version /shrug.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what the message looks like for PCs that can't run this game. With the minimum requirements being what they are, technically there is a whole range of systems out there that are powerful enough to run Crysis but not powerful enough to run Tetris.

APizzaPie

Oct 27, 2017
Enjoying the game so far. Only minor complaint is that sound seems to be mixed pretty low on my surround sound setup.