• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
This game is fucking fantastic, and I'm not even that much of a fan of Tetris.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Yep. Put in a ton of hours without VR, hyped to play some more on PC now that I don't have my PS4 in both VR and 2D.

I'd even argue to say it might be my favorite tetris game, also better than Lumines sorry HATERS
I assure, I am a hater of neither of those games. I can't put Tetris Effect as my favorite Tetris game simply because it lacks multiplayer. It's damn good though and I had assumed they'd bring it to Switch, but I guess that isn't happening. Would be great as a portable Tetris game with headphones on.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
I assure, I am a hater of neither of those games. I can't put Tetris Effect as my favorite Tetris game simply because it lacks multiplayer. It's damn good though and I had assumed they'd bring it to Switch, but I guess that isn't happening. Would be great as a portable Tetris game with headphones on.
Can Switch even run it? PS4 doesn't keep a locked frame rate

Discussion Guidelines

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Please remember our discussion guidelines

Official Staff Communication
Given the volatility in recent Epic Game Store related threads we have decided that some clearer guidelines are required to cultivate healthier discussion.
  • Do not enter these threads in bad faith. If we conclude that your goal is to misrepresent the concerns of other users or rile people up, you will be moderated. Intent matters here. Honest questions or commentary about the differences and similarities between the Epic Games Store and other storefronts are fine. Deliberately and dismissively attempting to troll concerned members on those topics is not okay. These discussions must be held in good faith and in a civil manner.
  • As a reminder, antagonizing or engaging in personal attacks on other members is still against the rules. We have a large community with a wide range of preferences and personal priorities. Not everyone will feel the same way as you do on any given topic. If you feel a post is breaking a rule please report it and do not respond with hostility. If you choose to engage do so politely. We always check to see which users have a history of trouble in this area.
  • It is perfectly acceptable to want to wait for a game to be released on the storefront of your preference (ex: "I'll just wait for the Steam release.") It is not acceptable to troll threads because of storefront exclusivity timed or otherwise (ex: "So the real PC release is going to be a year later.") The latter is needlessly inflammatory and distracts from discussion. We will be scrutinizing these posts more closely going forward.
  • Do not advocate, defend, or admit to piracy under any circumstances. This is explicitly against our Terms of Service. There are no justifications that will make this acceptable.
Addendum: It's fine and often healthy to be critical of media coverage (ex: "I don't think this article is good and here's why"), but please avoid going down any rabbit holes with excessive vitriol and conspiracy theories (ex: "This outlet is clearly paid off because I don't agree with their coverage"). We've long had a general policy against hyperbolical vilification of the media and that rule has not been suspended.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
I suppose maybe not then. I haven't actually seen it running on a base PS4. Did they really release a Tetris game with an inconsistent framerate? If so, I've lost a little bit of respect for Miz.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
This game's release model is a mess. It would have been so great to have such a peculiar game be playable to everybody right away, instead it's PS4 first, then PC but only through Epic Store, then probably PC through other platforms, maybe then other consoles. Moneyhatting a Tetris game. Sigh.
Tetris releases are always weird with the way the licensing for it is handled. Of course not disagreeing that a multiplatform release right away would have been better,

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder why Sony exclusive games (minus Yakuza) are going to the EPG.

I wonder if there was a clause or something.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
I suppose maybe not then. I haven't actually seen it running on a base PS4. Did they really release a Tetris game with an inconsistent framerate? If so, I've lost a little bit of respect for Miz.
It only really effects the gameplay during Metamorphosis, for the most part it's perfectly fine

datamage

Oct 25, 2017
Mr. piece of shit strikes again. What a shame, been waiting on this one, guess I will wait some more.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is this what finally gets me to buckle?

I love Tetris... But I don't want another launcher. And what EG is doing is kinda shitty.

Hmm. A moral conundrum.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL

Guess that just comes down to choice. I use Tetris more as a meditation technique so i've never really gotten into the multiplayer. This game is perfect for the feeling of zen and concentration that Tetris is already amazing at.

Slowly making it's way to Xbox, still holding out lol

Based on Rez, i'd say you might have a long wait.

Oct 29, 2017
They mention being able to preorder for a discount and a soundtrack sampler but it's not up yet :(

Also, I hope the soundtrack sampler is different from the soundtrack sampler I got when preordering on PS4.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
If forced to choose between being a part of Epic's Game Store ecosystem, and buying a PS4 for this game alone, I would gladly buy a PS4. That would at least not be a waste of money.

But good to see it at least pretending to be on PC.

Heh, I can certainly think of a good excuse.
I can think of another one (you know, this game would be perfect for a certain console). The straight fact is most people who hadn't bought it yet, said they were expecting for a sale or for a PC release, and now it'll be on PC. I'm not familiar with all the discussions around multiple stores on the platform, but I know if it was me, and I used my PC for playing, I wouldn't ignore such an amazing experience just because its distribution is handled by some other app, storefront, etc.

Hey, that's only my opinion. I know people who wanted to play it on release and now wouldn't touch it unless it's free.

What are you trying to say here...
It was just said... Some people would only buy it on PC, now there's a PC version. Or, as I'm already perceiving controversy around this, it's simply a way to say buy it, this game deserves it.

I mean, it wouldn't be impossible, especially as I imagine that a Switch port would already tone down the particle effects and the animations on the individual tetrimino cubes, but the question becomes whether or not if it's still Tetris Effect without the more elaborate visuals. But with Tetris 99 continuing to get updates for offline play, I'm not sure how necessary a Tetris Effect port would be beyond the curiosity.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can think of another one (you know, this game would be perfect for a certain console). The straight fact is most people who hadn't bought it yet, said they were expecting for a sale or for a PC release, and now it'll be on PC. I'm not familiar with all the discussions around multiple stores on the platform, but I know if it was me, and I used my PC for playing, I wouldn't ignore such an amazing experience just because its distribution is handled by some other app, storefront, etc.

Hey, that's only my opinion. I know people who wanted to play it on release and now wouldn't touch it unless it's free.

It was just said... Some people would only buy it on PC, now there's a PC version. Or, as I'm already perceiving controversy around this, it's simply a way to say buy it, this game deserves it.

So you don't play on PC but are still here to throw some shade on people who do and know what EGS exclusivity means for the platform. Maybe educate yourself?

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Glad more people get to play Tetris Effect, and that more will get to when the exclusivity ends.

As someone who's not super into MP, this is easily my favourite Tetris game. Just playing through the Journey mode every couple of months is a wonderful experience, and the additional modes are good fun too (Purify is a highlight)

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
The second best game from 2018. Amazing in every sense of the word.

It only really effects the gameplay during Metamorphosis, for the most part it's perfectly fine
Maybe it was patched? I've played Metamorphosis a lot and haven't felt any slowdowns (base PS4 as well)

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
i was interested in it, but not that interested. does EGS even have a framework for supporting the VR headsets?