• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017

via Eurogamer

Eurogamer said:
The brilliant Tetris Effect - Eurogamer's Game of 2018 - will arrive on PC next week via the Epic Games Store. It'll be the first time it has been available anywhere other than PlayStation 4.

As on PS4, Tetris Effect is also designed for VR - and it'll arrive with both Oculus Rift and HTC Vive support ready to go.

This PC version will also offer extra graphical options - resolutions 4K and up are supported, with an uncapped framerate, ultra-wide monitor support and more.

Put down a pre-order before launch or buy Tetris Effect within its first two weeks and you'll get 20 per cent off, a sampler soundtrack, and desktop wallpapers.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Epic

fffuck. Super happy to see this on PC though. Will finally get to play it in VR.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Probably DOA, since EGS's support for VR games is practically non-existent. Oh well.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
I will buy a copy of this on every platform I can .

Tetris Effect is the most impactful game for me this year.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game's release model is a mess. It would have been so great to have such a peculiar game be playable to everybody right away, instead it's PS4 first, then PC but only through Epic Store, then probably PC through other platforms, maybe then other consoles. Moneyhatting a Tetris game. Sigh.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely incredible game and it was always gonna come to PC, same as Rez Infinite did. I picked it up on PS4 but PC only VR duders shouldn't skip this.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Trolling
Man, I was so excited for Tetris Effect to finally be announced for PC around this time but boy...I guess that was a swerve I should have expected.

Guess it's back to waiting another year for Tetris Effect on PC.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
It makes sense for EGS to be its home at PC. Most Sony collabs are following the same pattern.

On TE, it's more than a game, in my opinion. Whoever was curious and couldn't support it before, just run out of excuses.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Tetris Effect is amazing without VR

Yep. Put in a ton of hours without VR, hyped to play some more on PC now that I don't have my PS4 in both VR and 2D.

It's both a great Tetris game and also nowhere near as good as Lumines. Only Tetris Attack/Panel-De-Pon/Puzzle League is better than Lumines.

I'd even argue to say it might be my favorite tetris game, also better than Lumines sorry HATERS

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Dammit, I was so happy at first reading the title and then it ended badly. No buy from me, hopefully it will go on other stores besides Epic next year.

Sean Mirrsen

Banned
May 9, 2018
User Warned: Trolling
If forced to choose between being a part of Epic's Game Store ecosystem, and buying a PS4 for this game alone, I would gladly buy a PS4. That would at least not be a waste of money.

But good to see it at least pretending to be on PC.
Whoever was curious and couldn't support it before, just run out of excuses.
Heh, I can certainly think of a good excuse.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
Every game I've bought on the Epic store has been a former Sony exclusive. What's with that.

Oh wait, I also got Hawaii Shakedown.