• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Good to see the Tetris 99 events are back in swing, with the recent Animal Crossing one and now this Xenoblade one!

Prove you're really feeling it with the Tetris 99 14th MAXIMUS CUP, featuring Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition! Earn at least 100 event points in the Tetris 99 mode from July 3, 12am PT to July 6, 11:59pm PT to unlock the Tetris 99 theme!

Video

Last edited:

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Yuck, the logo in the background image of the theme makes this feel like they just used an existing computer wallpaper. Glad to see these events continuing though!

Kandinsky

Oct 25, 2017
Just yesterday I was thinking about this while playing T99, I'm so damn happy right now omg

Kandinsky

Oct 25, 2017
Man the aggro sound effect when being targeted is perfect and so is the music, absolutely my favorite T99 theme so far and the only one that exists starting July 3, cant wait.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Keep pumping out themse for Tetris 99 but still only black & white for the console :P

This is cool though, I wish I didnt suck at Tetris..

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
NICE

Heard Time to Fight and was so mad, but luckily it's not just Time to Fight, with Mechanical Rhythm and You Will Know Our Names in there too. Definitely playing for this theme.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
NICE

Heard Time to Fight and was so mad, but luckily it's not just Time to Fight, with Mechanical Rhythm and You Will Know Our Names in there too. Definitely playing for this theme.

Gotta prove that you can clear about the mobs before getting the privilege to battle a unique monster. Which means I better get used to Time to Fight.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Time to finally retire the Fire Emblem theme

Now the only way the Xenoblade theme is leaving is if we get a Persona 5 theme

Imagine Rivers in the Desert playing for the top ten.

KenOD

Oct 25, 2017
Nice music, but not a fan of the theme itself.

I dream of a day where they will allow you to different music on different backgrounds.

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
Tetris just always finds a way doesn't it. I'm sucked back in.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mechanical Rhythm is a better track than You Will Know Our Names and should be the final phase music.

If they ever do one for Xenoblade 2, I demand all the noises are voice clips from Captain Padraig:
Get Targeted: "Think you can take me!"
Get a KO "YER DONE!"
Lose: "Don't forget me!"

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
Very nice. I always look forward to these little competitions. The music sounds great, and I like the solid blocks for this theme.

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
these days i only boot up this game for these themes. otherwise i wouldn't have played since last year.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Every time you get a Tetris it should say "Now it's Reyn time!" and if you knock out another player it should say, "Man, what a bunch of jokahs!"

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
No "One Who Gets in Our Way/An Obstacle in Our Path"????
Big YIKE
At least I can get "You Will Know Our Names", "Time to Fight" can easily bounce

Last edited:

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Though after the trailer I think I'll probably unlock it and switch back to something else. It reminds me of the Fire Emblem theme which I also didn't like because the music just seemed...ill fitting? Can't quite describe it, but it really didn't get me in the mood to play tetris. I basically unlocked it and waited for the event to end before playing again.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna go out on a limb and say that this is probably one of the worst unlockable themes they've done. Probably won't be using this one going forward. It's so meeeehh

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Mechanical Rhythm is a good motivator.

I made it to #6, best I've ever done

Aaaaand immediately after I get #95, I hate it here

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got my theme after playing a few rounds this morning, best finish was third. I've gotten a bit out of practice and joycon drift isn't helping the cause.