• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plum

May 31, 2018
So this just popped up on my feed:

Seems that the release will come with 12 months of Nintendo Switch Online and all of the 'Big Block' DLC that will have been released by then (Regular Marathon Mode + Offline Bot Mode + Local 8-Player and 2-Player Modes). No indication of whether it'll come with the already-released skins for the game, but they might still come back in repeat events around that time.

D_BMjcHWsAAc6ij.jpg:large

Also Confirmed for Japan on August 9th

tetis_99_retail.jpg

No news about a NA release right now but I'll keep a look out and update the thread if there is!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Plum

Plum

May 31, 2018
Already announced for JP, August 9th.

And that's September 20th, btw :)

A real shame the second DLC isn't include, if you ask me.

Yep, should've Googled that before posting the thread lol. The date's my bad :P I've reported the thread to get it changed!

And I think the "Big Block" DLC does come with the second DLC. The Big Block DLC refers to both DLCs IIRC.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
So anything more than £17.99 (12 months online) + £8.99 (DLC price) is a rip off

OP
OP
Plum

Plum

May 31, 2018
So anything more than £17.99 (12 months online) + £8.99 (DLC price) is a rip off

That's not how pricing works lol. A physical release has more costs associated with it than a digital one.

I'm expecting £29.99 myself, so £3 more than the digital versions.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
That's not how pricing works lol. A physical release has more costs associated with it than a digital one.

but then we're told that digital has to be higher than retail so stores still sell their games

If this isn't around £20 then it isn't worth it at all, its not like Mario Maker 2 where you were essentially getting 12 months of NSO for £10

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Yet Nintendo prices digital stuff far higher than retail versions of their own games, to the point where they had to have a question in the FAQ for Nintendo switch vouchers as to whythe digital game prices were so high.
They can't have it both ways.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Yet Nintendo prices digital stuff far higher than retail versions of their own games, to the point where they had to have a question in the FAQ for Nintendo switch vouchers as to whythe digital game prices were so high.
They can't have it both ways.
MSRPs for digital games isn't a Nintendo exclusive thing. Weird complain.

Compare FIFA on PSN at launch day compared to the retailer offers - the difference for Nintendo game between digital and retail is usually relatively small because retailers don't need to slash those Nintendo games that often because they keep selling.

Gunpei

Mar 13, 2018
Small PSA:
If you've ordered the physical edition with one year of NSO, be sure to turn of the automatic renewal of NSO in your My Nintendo account, or you'll pay for one year twice...