• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nu_faust

Oct 27, 2017
Smt
just when people were complaining about how worthless Switch Online is and will be for a foreseeable future, Nintendo went bomben zeel droppen with Tetris Royale.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever mental gymnastics you guys want to use is besides the point, which is Nintendo being inconsistent with their value proposition and throwing shit at the wall.
Are the NES games on Switch "free to play"? They have the exact same barrier to entry.

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo
This game is awesome and super fun but the randomizer is absolute crap.
Sometimes I get 4 repeated pieces. In a tough spot it's game over.
Also, to much RNG, sometimes your being attacked by everyone and there's no way to defend.....

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
How was this not called Tetris Royale?

Also Ive only played twice and I need to win SO BADLY.

Seems a bit too unbalanced with the "random" stuff huh? Oh well, still gonna keep at it

tata toothy

Dec 24, 2017
Hell yeah, just won a match. Faith in my gamer skillz restored after getting embarassed by Mario + Rabbids yesterday.

Now get these guys to make Panel de Pon 99, Nintendo...

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
This game is awesome and super fun but the randomizer is absolute crap.
Sometimes I get 4 repeated pieces. In a tough spot it's game over.
Also, to much RNG, sometimes your being attacked by everyone and there's no way to defend.....
Are you actually getting 4 repeated pieces or blowing off steam because that should be literally impossible with the random bag system. You can never get more than 2 tetrominoes in a row repeated or it isn't guideline compliant.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
They need to make it so you can map hard drop to ZL or ZR. I can't tell you how many times I hard dropped a piece in the wrong spot cause of the pro controller.

seat

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
Man, this is such a great idea. This is the first time I'm tempted to buy a membership to Switch Online. Is it worth it solely for this game?

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
Played two matches thus far, 12th...then 97th. I got targeted by like a million zillion people. Fantastic take on BR and it makes me curious if Nintendo will do any more "Brand 99" games for NSO

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
That's kind of a thing already.

0AXlBTh.gif

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
My strat so far is to target randoms early on, then attack for Badges mid game, then finally move on to KOs in the top 25.

Maybe it's flawed, my top finish is 13th so far

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Wow, this is excellent. Seeing attacks fly between other games in my periphery is impressive.

I look forward to seeing it evolve, hope this really catches on.

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
So I feel like I've played a decent amount of Tetris across various platforms in my years...but apparently I'm a fucking casual because I have no idea what a T Spin even is

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
So 'Tetris 99' has entered in the popular categories tag of Twitch with 14.5K viewers.

To see a puzzle game appearing among all of these violent games, really explains what's the philosophy of Nintendo, trying to reach success by always doing its own thing, and by not giving a shit about the established conventions in the market.

The Battle Royale concept is popular:

EA: Let's produce a new battle royale game, with the defining feature of BIGGER production values!

NIntendo: Let's produce Battle Royale Tetris, because why not?

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
I would have paid 20 bucks just for the game. So now I get save backups (should be free) and a bunch of stupid old games in addition to the game. In other words this game actually made that lousy online service worth the price of admission.
Let's not forget they will keep trying to push the service to more people so more games like this will eventually come.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised this needs to be said but Tetris 99 is not coming to the PSP or Vita. It is a Switch Online exclusive. That is a fake tweet from a fake account.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
Got to level 19. I saw some Japanese players got to level 25.
According to the stats page
I played for 4 hours and 40 games.

Won 9 of them.

Don't get your blocks too high in the beginning, or you'll get ganged up by 20+ players.

Annoying Old Party Man

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This encapsulates perfectly the Nintendo online multiplayer mantra that make me love Splatoon so much: fail miserably against the world, have immense fun while doing it.