• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed the splash screen has a copyright for "any characters, sounds, and video games originally owned by Nintendo", so I guess we can expect some of the upcoming special events to involve Nintendo IP.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I get 23rd every single time.

Still don't really understand what to do with the battle element of this game. I'm just playing tetris.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
I'm legit loving this Tetris.

But I wish it had a tutorial. What does attacking modes KOs and Badges mean at the top?

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played a battle royale game before, but got this looks amazing (and intense!)

I'm definitively getting it. I better get used to losing though, I suck at Tetris.

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i just got a year of nintendo online for this lol.. highest so far is 13, didnt know you could hold pieces.. shit.. im using wired pokken controller.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
I remember there was a Tetris game with co-op and/or online play that the old Beyond guys used to really like, so unless this is a meme this could be really cool.

Granted I have exactly zero percent interest in this, but hey if there's a market for this then awesome.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is way more fun than I thought it was going to be. I got 7th place once. I need to hurry up and try to win before all the noobs get bored of it because I don't think I'll ever be able to win when it's nothing but Tetris veterans.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, the entitlement.

God forbid Nintendo add a compelling reason to get their online service.

If it makes you feel better, maybe just pretend the game is 20 dollars and you get a bunch of NES games and cloud saves with it for free.
Game is worth the price of online imo
It's not a free to play game, it's included with the online subscription.

Whatever mental gymnastics you guys want to use is besides the point, which is Nintendo being inconsistent with their value proposition and throwing shit at the wall.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Game's amazing. First match, got 8th place, just because I set myself for failure probably. Finally a battle royale I can compete in! BRING IT ON

It's also legit Tetris anyway, you can play by yourself and ignore the battle stuff. Nice!

//////

"exclusively for #NintendoSwitchOnline Members."

Oh, this thread is going to GO places.
Worst hot take of the night really

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I assume KOs means attacking people close to death. No idea about badges, unless there's unlockable badges?

I think for each KO you get, you get a badge. So targeting the person with the most badges is targeting the person with the most KOs. Don't quote me on that, but that's what it looked like when I hung around to spec a game I lost once.

Oct 25, 2017
Me at 99:
giphy.gif

Me at 50:
1b8893a8eff63e59151bd4f943014768f8ff6073_hq.gif

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck is going on with the right stick?

How do I play this behind just drop blocks lol

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Whatever mental gymnastics you guys want to use is besides the point, which is Nintendo being inconsistent with their value proposition and throwing shit at the wall.

I don't think it's us performing mental gymnastics in this case...

The strangest of hills to die on.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
This is fucking insane. How are you supposed to keep track of everyone playing tetris and deciding who to attack. This is nuts.

I love it.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017

>doesn't pay for an NSO sub because it's not a good value proposition
>gets upset when Nintendo adds a high-quality exclusive game to increase NSO's value proposition

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
This is fucking insane. How are you supposed to keep track of everyone playing tetris and deciding who to attack. This is nuts.

I love it.

As far as I can tell, you just single player it hard in the early phase to survive the initial cull until the number of opponents left is reduced to an amount where you can start being strategic.

It's beyond my capabilities at this stage.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
three chickens
Is this developed by Nintendo? That would make it the first Tetris game since Tetris DS to developed by them if that's the case.

Nintendo published, Arika developed.

As in, THE Tetris dev to end all Tetris devs in the modern era. (Arika was responsible for all of the arcade Grand Master games, plus Nintendo's more recent Dr. Mario games.)

Slime Stack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
three chickens

Nintendo published, Arika developed.

As in, THE Tetris dev to end all Tetris devs in the modern era. (Arika was responsible for all of the arcade Grand Master games, plus Nintendo's more recent Dr. Mario games.)

WHAT!! This is huge. Do we know if Mihara worked on development? It warms my heart to know Arika is still working on Tetris.

The game is using modern Tetris rules right? SRS and all the like?

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Yeah, I've never been one to point out the weak dpad of the pro controller, but I had to stop using it. I ended up switching the xbox elite controller with the mayflash adapter.