• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Holy crap I actually won a Battle Royale game!
CJOEta3.jpg

Winner winner, uh, Tetris brunch?
You're a god

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Maybe it's because it's almost 1 am but I feel like this game is desperately needing instructions. I have no idea what the right stick does. I've been fine most of the times but I sometimes just get hit by like 15 rows of grey blocks and there's nothing I can do

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
First game, getting used to the controls, I made it to 39 out of 99. The announcement of only 50 players left kind of caused me to panic! This game is VERY, VERY good.

Oaklight

Avenger
Jun 16, 2018
I can't get better than 60th place because I reaaallly suck at tetris. I'm still having fun though and it is cool to be able to see all the better players do I what can't.

BareKnuckle

Oct 26, 2017
What are the different modes when using the right stick? what do they mean?

It aims what sort of player you send your blocks to. Attacker is people who are aimed at you, badges is people who've done the most "tricky" stuff (tetrises, t spins, combos) and KO is people who are nearest death.

I go badges to start then KO from top 20 onwards.

I'm just guessing the definitions but I've won a game and come top 10 in another so my method must be working.

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
What are the different modes when using the right stick? what do they mean?
I think you can determine who of the other players is getting your stuff. There's strategies like "Easy KO" to target players near KO and "Attacker" to target players who target you. At least that's as far as I understood it.

EDIT: Much better explanation above.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
What makes battle royale a fantastic idea for Tetris is that it allows less skilled players to compete and have fun instead of getting mercilessly slaughtered in 1v1 when attempting online matches in Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Very addicting, just now got 9th place and I suck at Tetris. :p
And the game lags like crazy in the second half of the game, don't know why...

Protome

Oct 27, 2017

I came 5th and that's me for the evening.

This game is great and I love it. Best Battle Royale of 2019, eat your heart out Apex Legends!

They really need to add the ability to spectate other players after you get knocked out. You can see their small field on screen but being able to pick and zoom in one them would be so good.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Maybe it's because it's almost 1 am but I feel like this game is desperately needing instructions. I have no idea what the right stick does. I've been fine most of the times but I sometimes just get hit by like 15 rows of grey blocks and there's nothing I can do

Yeah, I know it's to Target enemies but not exactly sure how does it determine who do I attack other than the one that says attackers.

Also bit of a shame you apparently can't match with friends :(

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Omg i'm playing this right now, first match ranked 7th. IT IS SOO MUCH FUN

All the experience playing Puyo Puyo Tetris is paying off

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God I'm fucking loving my switch right now. What a day. Hope it lets me stick around to see the eventual winner.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
Certified winner winner tetris dinner here, get the Hori Switch Joycon. The D-Pad is used by winners.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Wait a minute! Nintendo has the Tetris license again!
They HAVE to put GB Tetris in the 3DS eShop again...

Oct 27, 2017
Lol its like Nintendo knew the one way to get me to subscribe to their lame online system was a puzzle game. Twenty dollars spent.