• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Engadget: "Basically, they've got built in next-gen consoles."

www.engadget.com

Tesla's revamped Model S and X will feature RDNA 2 GPUs, AMD confirms

Tesla's refreshed Model S and X will run AMD's RDNA 2 graphics.
When Tesla announced its refreshed Model S and Model X in January, it wasn't shy about saying that its new infotainment systems will offer up to 10 teraflops of power. At the time, rumors speculated that AMD would be providing Tesla's new graphics hardware. That makes sense, since the company's RDNA 2 GPUs are also behind the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S. Today during its Computex keynote, AMD CEO Lisa Su confirmed those rumors while also noting that the new Teslas will feature AMD APUs (Ryzen chips with built-in Radeon graphics) in their infotainment systems.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Good for everyone that would make use of this feature I guess, but when I think about my car I don't think about wanting to spend even more time in it than I already have to (specifically referencing them talking about AAA gaming on a car infotainment)...

Yamajian

Oct 30, 2017
If the next GTA can be played in a Tesla with steering wheel controls for the driving sections, this will all be worth it.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
tesla-vision-self-driving-video.png

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Probably money, though a more serious answer is that self-driving tech and AI is becoming really big these days and AMD had been left behind by Nvidia so my guess on this tie up is they're playing catchup

www.nvidia.com

Self-Driving Cars Technology & Solutions from NVIDIA Automotive

Autonomous car developers use NVIDIA DRIVE car technology to teach self-driving cars to see, think, and learn. Read more

Wayback machine (2019) for https://www.nvidia.com/en-au/self-driving-cars/partners/tesla/
web.archive.org

The Tesla Motors & NVIDIA Automotive Partnership

NVIDIA powers the awarding-winning infotainment systems and digital instrument clusters in every car that Tesla Motors ships. Read more.

Tesla Motors and NVIDIA have partnered since the early development of the revolutionary Model S. Today, all Tesla vehicles—Model S, Model X, and the upcoming Model 3—will be equipped with an NVIDIA-powered on-board "supercomputer" that can provide full self-driving capability.

The computer delivers more than 40 times the processing power of the previous system, running an Tesla-developed neural net for vision, sonar, and radar processing.

This in-vehicle supercomputer is powered by the NVIDIA DRIVE™ PX AI computing platform. It's an end-to-end AI computing system that uses groundbreaking approaches in deep learning to perceive and understand the car's surroundings.

In addition, NVIDIA powers the awarding-winning infotainment systems and digital instrument clusters in every Model S and Model X.

btw The link loops back to here now:
www.nvidia.com

Self-Driving Cars Technology & Solutions from NVIDIA Automotive

Autonomous car developers use NVIDIA DRIVE car technology to teach self-driving cars to see, think, and learn. Read more