• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Elon Musk just stated in the Tesla Q1 earnings report that due to a software update the Model S now has a range of 400+ miles, and once the EPA test centers open back up they will get it certified officially.

It is the first production EV to ever achieve this milestone.

TheTyrantShow

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 23, 2020
"Here's something that should have been there before but forget about how much of a bitch I've been lately."

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's a pretty damn impressive range. I'm leaning more and more towards an EV for whenever I replace my current car.

OP
OP
Mengy

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Elon does say some stupid shit from time to time, but Tesla sure does make impressive EV's and they just keep getting better. I never cared for Steve Jobs as a person either, but it's hard to argue against Apple's success as an innovative company.

I wish other auto manufacturers were rising to meet the challenge.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
how many cars (none) actually improve after you buy them. Love Tesla and what the future brings.

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
how many cars (none) actually improve after you buy them. Love Tesla and what the future brings.
Same, seriously separate the cars from the CEO. The cars are amazing works of engineering and software. This car has improved months after purchasing it, hasn't been done before via OTA updates, not at this level anyways.

Feb 1, 2018
It's been 8 years and STILL no other german or japanese competitor has exceeded or even matched the price and specs of the Model S that initially launched. The closest thing is a Taycan that's *checks notes* $200k

They need to refresh the interior now, it's looking dated compared to the 3 and Y

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
The continuous development and improvement on Teslas is amazing. Truly a paradigm shift in the industry. OTA updates to improve a car, who would've thought?

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
Elon is a dick but you can't argue that Tesla is dominating this space. I sincerely hope other manufacturers catch up by the the time I change car next because if not I'm buying a Tesla.

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
It's been 8 years and STILL no other german or japanese competitor has exceeded or even matched the price and specs of the Model S that initially launched. The closest thing is a Taycan that's *checks notes* $200k

They need to refresh the interior now, it's looking dated compared to the 3 and Y
I bet a refresh is coming 2021. They need to switch to a horizontal tablet for one. I can't imagine how they make the entertainment apps work with current orientation.

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
So is this 10 miles or 25 miles improvement? Doesn't Tesla ship with bigger battery than the specs?
There's like an emergency reserve that doesn't show up on the display for like 5-10 miles if you're running on fumes. As far as I know the mileage improvements are all down to tweaking motor efficiencies.

They don't. a lot of the games and entertainment stuff is gimped compared to the other cars, which is pretty unacceptable when you're dropping 100k+.
Yeah I agree, one of my favorite things to do is go to our favorite drive through ice cream shop with my wife and stream Netflix on the Model 3 while we eat, can only imagine how gimped that experience would be on the SX.

Feb 1, 2018
Who should I hate more? Elon or Bezos?

Bezos for sure, he doesn't care about solving the world's problems he just wants you to buy more things on his platform. Elon's a troll on twitter but at least he used his paypal money to tackle climate change (tesla), AI (openAI), and space travel (spacex) instead of just fucking off to Bali and becoming a cliche rich person that uses their resources to consume and not contribute

Also Bezos' blue origin space company hasn't done SHIT lol

Oct 27, 2017
Elon does say some stupid shit from time to time, but Tesla sure does make impressive EV's and they just keep getting better. I never cared for Steve Jobs as a person either, but it's hard to argue against Apple's success as an innovative company.

I wish other auto manufacturers were rising to meet the challenge.
What part of this has to do with Elon? His harmful workplace policies? The engineers and employees did this, not hairplugs.

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
What part of this has to do with Elon? His harmful workplace policies? The engineers and employees did this, not hairplugs.
Tesla has kinda almost gone out of business several times, he's definitely pushed with securing funding when EV's were thought of as an expensive joke. So I wouldn't say it's nothing, kinda gives the engineers the drive to keep innovating.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Elon is an asshole.

Tesla makes awesome cars.

I'd be happier long term if someone other than Elon represented Tesla.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I cannot wait until more manufacturers start to make these types of cars so Telsa can stop being worshipped like they are by so many loud, loud people. It feels like console warz fanboying more often than not.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bezos for sure, he doesn't care about solving the world's problems he just wants you to buy more things on his platform. Elon's a troll on twitter but at least he used his paypal money to tackle climate change (tesla), AI (openAI), and space travel (spacex) instead of just fucking off to Bali and becoming a cliche rich person that uses their resources to consume and not contribute

Also Bezos' blue origin space company hasn't done SHIT lol
Elon just wants to make people think that he is solving the world's problem, But all that he cares about really is how much money he can put into his pocket.

If we actually had someone that cared and was in Elon's place, we would actually be making progress