• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017

time.com

'Tesla Stock Price Is Too High,' Elon Musk Tweeted. Then Came the Stock Plunge

Musk followed up with more tweets calling for an end to stay-at-home orders

thenextweb.com

Tesla stock crashes after Elon Musk tweets: ‘Tesla stock too high imo’

I really don't think Tesla founder Elon Musk has anymore shits left to give, especially when it comes his Twitter feed and the SEC.

Tesla's stock price crashed Friday morning after the company's maverick billionaire founder Elon Musk tweeted that he believed its price was too high. Tesla stock opened at $755 on Friday morning, and by 11:20 ET had crashed by more than 8%. Musk tweeted his thoughts on $TSLA's value just nine minutes earlier. The electric vehicle maker surprised Wall Street on Thursday by posting a first-quarter profit despite the wider economic slowdown brought on by the coronavirus pandemic.

The tweet might be surprising to those who remember the details of Musk's settlement with the SEC over alleged securities fraud. Aside from having to step down as company chairman, it requires someone review any Musk tweet that might affect the value of Tesla stock.

lmao

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Aren't his tweets supposed be approved? I suspect the FEC will come down on him for this shit

Edit: it's in the OP - SEC

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
  1. Selling all his worldly posetions
  2. Crashing the stock
  3. Buying all the stock with his new liqudity
  4. Profit
fool proof plan Elon, if only there was a SEC that had actual teeth.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
I never liked him to begin with but these past few days have been wild. Right afterwards he started tweeting the star spangled banner.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking hell. Low level interns and clerks in financial institutions have to file/clear trades in advance.

This CEO just goes on twitter and manipulates stock like he wants.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I think this says just as much about how fucking stupid the stock market is in general as it does about Elon Musk's current state of mind.

Our whole economy is a skittish cat on top of three stacked half inflated beach balls.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
If there's one thing that Twitter is good for it's demonstrating that becoming ultra rich is more about luck than anything else thanks to the dumb shit they tweet out on an hourly basis.

trembli0s

Oct 28, 2017
If there's one thing that Twitter is good for it's demonstrating that becoming ultra rich is more about luck than anything else thanks to the dumb shit they tweet out on an hourly basis.

I would buy that argument for a good chunk of people but Musk has a series of successes in industries everyone thought were money pits so.

subrock

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Sounds like he's going through another stress cycle. When Model 3 was ramping he was completely off the rails

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
You have to be extremely lucky and just "smart enough"

I get what you're saying about tweets, but most ultra wealthy people don't spend their time on twitter tweeting all day.

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like during this crisis rich people found out that they can manipulate market to their hearts content and get away with it absolutely scratch free.

Damn... so easy to stay rich if you are rich

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Really impacts his own employees with stock. He cares for nobody working for him.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hahaha the Deus Ex avatar.

Dude probaly thinks he is J.C when at Best he is Gunther

Interframe

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Isn't this totally illegal (public stock manipulation) and hasn't he already been caught doing this with Tesla stock in the past and was fined and penalized?

Its like this guy wants the board to kick him out of the company.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Is this market manipulation again? I'm fairly sure he should know not to do that again. At least normal people wouldn't do that again.