• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jedimastertoke

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 22, 2021
Car manufacturer has standard recall...news at 11. Some of you get so worked up about stupid shit that's normal. Go look at other car manufacturers and their air bag recalls that can kill you.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
People hating on this would also be the first to post if Tesla failed to recall and this Lead to accidents.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Some of y'all need to calm down. There are car recalls all the time. We have had threads on them from other manufacturers before, too. This ain't a big deal. Like..... Damn, man.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My 2012 Ford Focus has had half a dozen recalls already, for a lot more serious shit than this too.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
In relation to the actual issue I've personally only ever had one car with a back up camera and itis barely useful, can't see anything out of it at night and 90% of the time in the winter it is covered in dirt and salt and so can't see a thing through it anyways.

Glad I have it for reverse parking in summer but that is really the only use for it. Wish I could turn it on when I was driving to see behind me when my window is blocked but that is not a option for some reason.

Please point out to me where in my OP or the article itself there's any "overdramatic" mention of it being inevitable.
My bad, I conflated your post in the OP with the one directly underneath it in my memory.

ceej

Mar 9, 2021
Reno, Nv.
I couldn't find worldwide numbers for toyotas sold between 2013 and 2019, so I just focused on the american number since they provided that in the breakdown, and that recall was still only 12.5% of all Toyotas sold in that time frame.

Which, again, the recall rate for Teslas sold in the recall period being discussed here is 40%.
Not sure whether you can trust this data or website (and !IMPORTANTLY! it only goes to 2016):

recall-rates-table.png

Edit: Severity graph is also important (note Tesla at the worst severity):
recall-severity-table.png

Last edited:

Hellsing321

Oct 30, 2017
As a Tesla owner I'm glad I saw this thread so I could check if my car was affected 🤷
Seems 2021 Model 3s aren't impacted.

TraderPoe

Oct 31, 2017
Pacific Northwest
I've had recalls for my Mini, my Honda and my WV basically the majority of my car lifecycle. Somehow I escaped this one since I'm outside the window. Thanks for sharing so at least I could look up my VIN!

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Some of y'all need to calm down. There are car recalls all the time. We have had threads on them from other manufacturers before, too. This ain't a big deal. Like..... Damn, man.
Some Era members obsession with Elon is scary. Yeah, he's an asshole but c'mon man, the hate is getting out of hand. They are acting like the dude murdered then ate children.