• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ponzies

Oct 28, 2017
Makes sense if he wants to decrease costs?

twitter.com

Elon Musk on Twitter

“@GerberKawasaki @thirdrowtesla Frankly, this is the final straw. Tesla will now move its HQ and future programs to Texas/Nevada immediately. If we even retain Fremont manufacturing activity at all, it will be dependen on how Tesla is treated in the future. Tesla is the last carmaker left in CA.”

Last edited:

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
so that's how he's going to get people in texas on board with buying the cybertruck

Feb 1, 2018
He's bluffing, and waiting for the governor to call him to make a deal to allow the factory to open back up

None of the SV tech talent that made Tesla what it is today is gonna wanna move to a red state

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Would be great to see this dipshit leave the bay area. Please have more of these tech companies leave so we can bring the rent prices down. Please I know I'm desperate

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
He's bluffing, and waiting for the governor to call him to make a deal to allow the factory to open back up

None of the SV tech talent that made Tesla what it is today is gonna wanna move to a red state
I think that is probably less true than you say. All Elon has to do is say, "hey, Texas has no state income tax compared to Cali, you can make more money here, have lower rent/mortgage payments, and the cities are pretty liberal!"

It would make recruitment easier, maybe not transferring current employees. They already have the Giga Factory outside Reno, NV anyways for something closer to Cali.

Edit: Nevada is blue now anyways, partly due to the huge amount of Tesla employees around Reno.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Wonder what city he's going to move. Austin obviously has the tech industry, but Dallas has banking, numerous HQs, and other stuff.

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL
User Banned (2 weeks): Trolling; antagonizing other members
Jeez the raging hate boners for the guy ITT is embarrassing
Get a grip some of you 😂

Oct 26, 2017
Funny how so many of these tech CEOs claim to be fairly liberal -- until the rubber hits the road and it becomes the slightest bit inconvenient to them.

Morals and beliefs aren't supposed to be something you hold yourself to only in the times it personally benefits you...

Nov 14, 2017
Funny how so many of these tech CEOs claim to be fairly liberal -- until the rubber hits the road and it becomes the slightest bit inconvenient to them.

Morals and beliefs aren't supposed to be something you hold yourself to only in the times it personally benefits you...
This is peak liberalism though. They view the market as a moral means test.

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
The idea that after everything that hes said and done he still has bootlickers coming in here is embarrassing. Hes not Tony Stark, hes the tech version of Ben Carson.
Id say he might be analogous to the asshole alcohol abusing Ultimate Iron Man but that version of Tony has super human smarts which musk definitely doesn't.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
He wasn't lying about putting his houses up for sale when he tweeted it the other day. He listed his LA home for $30m so I could definitely see him moving to Texas or NV.

Also, the way he's been acting lately I would be shocked if he doesn't endorse and campaign for Trump this fall. He's got a lot of unhinged Kanye about him. All this stuff about "muh freedoms!" and parroting far right bullshit. Him and his 30+ millions followers are gonna be insufferable I feel.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't surprise me. He's been living in Texas recently and a down turn in economy would make cost leaving easier.

TKM

Oct 28, 2017
He's hoping for special treatment from Alameda county, and fishing for tax incentives from Texas. If there's one thing he's a genius at, it's grabbing government help. Now could be a good time for another capital raise for a new factory.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
man, Fremont is where Apple used to manufacture, kind of a shame to see a headline (or Tweet I guess) with a Silicon Valley company pulling out

but also Elongated Musket is a fool and a charlatan, he has not my pity

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
How many of his employees are just going to up and move to another state though? Many will be married, have kids and other roots in their CA communities. This seems like an empty threat to me.

Mar 3, 2019
Honestly I do t know why companies worship California so much. The cost of doing business is so Incredibally high, it'll be good once some of the business start to flow to other parts of the country

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
Makes sense if he wants to decrease costs?

twitter.com

Elon Musk on Twitter

“@GerberKawasaki @thirdrowtesla Frankly, this is the final straw. Tesla will now move its HQ and future programs to Texas/Nevada immediately. If we even retain Fremont manufacturing activity at all, it will be dependen on how Tesla is treated in the future. Tesla is the last carmaker left in CA.”
It's not to decrease costs. He's being a whiny babby and wants to open the factory now but the county says no.

It's apparently fairly costly to build an entire car manufacturing facility, which is how they ended up in Fremont anyway.

Also, not that it probably matters, but the actual Tesla supercharger are all over CA.
In Tx, I see three big clusters and then just a smattering at intermittent distances.

It's a state very sympathetic to the Tesla cause, something he will not be getting in the land of F-150. Odd decision in that respect.

Ether

Oct 28, 2017
I was heavily considering a Tesla vehicle purchase before the Coronavirus took over everything, I'm so thankful I didn't take that plunge as this crisis is revealing his world views and character.

I respect what he's achieved, but I don't respect him anymore.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Musk's libertarian arc has been fascinating. What a piece of trash. I remember when this dude had a huge defense force too, just unreal.