• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Viol8tor

Oct 25, 2017
So Elon doesn't just act like a madman on Twitter, but is one in real life.

I mean, kudos for trying something different..... I guess. Just wild that they go from something as slick as the roadster, to this monstrosity.

Ryno23

Banned
Dec 13, 2017

So after the initial shock, seeing it out in the wild in motion has it growing on me. So futuristic

NinjaMuffin

Oct 27, 2017
I still cannot believe this is real. Nobody wants the sharp corners from the 80s. Tesla could have had real success with a slick-looking powerful electric truck.

Oct 29, 2017
Im sure someone posted the gif of "The Homer" already...but in all seriousness, this looks worse than that. Surely Elon mist be takin the piss with this thing?

It looks like the "future car" i would draw as a 4 year old

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lego-small-car-set-3177-15-2.jpg

TKM

Oct 28, 2017
Musk missed a fucking rare opportunity to partner with Sony and call this thing the PS-1. RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDGGEEEE RRRRAAAACCCEERRRR!!!

I think the geometry is too poor to be PS1. More appropriate to partner with SEGA for the 25th anniversary of the 32X.

Hideous design IMO.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
i think it'd be neat if this vehicle had the standard safety features mandated by the federal government

Heretic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Put down my reservation for the dual motor. Looking forward to seeing the final design.

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
Fugliness aside, the dual motor AWD version for 50k is basically the same price as the AWD long range model 3. Just a tad less range, but similar 0-60. That seems out of whack.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They are definitely high as fuck designing this thing but I kinda ... like it?

Compared to the Aztec or something it actually has the power and futurism to back up its design. I dunno, it's kinda ballsy.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I expected a cool looking future car not an exact replica of a N64 car.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
It looks dope in pictures but the one they had on stage looks like ass. I'd still take it over any of the other Tesla's because I find them to be ugly as hell, like toads. At least this is extremely different and wouldn't mind driving it.

gimme an actual futuristic looking EV and I'm in. The rear end of the Taycan is the most futuristic looking thing in any of the current EVs.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
design is dope. don't get the hate or mockery. it has 3 different pricing models ranging from affordable to luxury. it doesn't kill the planet. perfect for the rural city slicker who wants a truck to drive around in but doesn't actually do truck like things with it the majority of the time.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
Just clicked the article on this on an auto news site I frequent. I clicked the link and my reaction was literally jjonahjamesonlaugh.gif.

The sad thing is the specs are pretty good at $40K, but Jesus Fucking Christ.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
This is without a doubt the ugliest vehicle design I've seen in decades. It looks like a vehicle from an 80s movie that's set in the "future".

Hideous.

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
Reminds me of Lambo's design in the 80s with those corners. Fucking Musk disrespecting Blade Runner. I knew it.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
This is without a doubt the ugliest vehicle design I've seen in decades. It looks like a vehicle from an 80s movie that's set in the "future".

Hideous.
I think people mock it, but I doubt they find it actually ugly. It's pretty pleasing on the eyes. If anything, it'll just get the "woah, is that a lambo" look from people who don't have lambos.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Troll all you want - I'm happy people like Elon Musk exist! The responses remind me of the initial iPod reveal.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
I know we are making fun of the ugly truck.
But can we please not forget what a hilariously bad presentation that was.
How is Elon unable to talk on stage like a normal human?