• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I'm partial to the chicken bacon wrap myself. It's the next evolution of the Caesar wrap. As much as I love a good meal deal (especially when a crappy sandwich alone would cost more in the States), eating one everyday is a bit much.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
This is correct.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but pretty sure the Triple's aren't ever part of the meal deal.

Source: Just got a meal deal at Tesco and they only had a Caesar triple, not double pack so it wasn't part of the deal.

Also, Morrisons sandwiches are fucking RANK. What is wrong with you people? And that jabroni going to bat for the onion bhaji side? BLAND AND DRY. Their salad boxes are, however, GOAT. Had one last night. Any salad bar where you can get multiple types of coleslaw is a winner.

Their expensive sandwiches and fresh made ones are lovely and included in the meal deal.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haha, I had the £3 lunch meal today: chicken katsu wrap, watermelon slices and a can of Monster.

No sure if I'd get a tattoo of it though...

Plum

May 31, 2018
Replace the Cheese and Onion with sone Walkers Max Paprika and that's my meal deal of choice. I have tried going for more 'value' but stuff like that always ends up disappointing.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Co-op is great. Their small stores sell locally farmed meat and bakery products from local bakers. And cider made in my town. The ham in my local one from a local farm is the best I have ever tasted.
I was speaking more to the meal deal and packet lunch selections! I'll bear all that in mind for when I'm passing one though.

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Decided to get a meal deal today because of this thread even though I already made my own food this morning

The piri piri chicken wraps are not good

Damien1928

Oct 27, 2017
This is correct.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but pretty sure the Triple's aren't ever part of the meal deal.

Source: Just got a meal deal at Tesco and they only had a Caesar triple, not double pack so it wasn't part of the deal.

Also, Morrisons sandwiches are fucking RANK. What is wrong with you people? And that jabroni going to bat for the onion bhaji side? BLAND AND DRY. Their salad boxes are, however, GOAT. Had one last night. Any salad bar where you can get multiple types of coleslaw is a winner.

That's some hostility over an onion bhaji. But we found some common ground on the goat salad boxes.

Also Different Morrison's use different salads items for the salad boxes

The onion bhaji Morrison's doesn't use the smart price coleslaw. The others I visit do, not a fan.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's some hostility over an onion bhaji. But we found some common ground on the goat salad boxes.

Also Different Morrison's use different salads items for the salad boxes

The onion bhaji Morrison's doesn't use the smart price coleslaw. The others I visit do, not a fan.
Look, I love a Bhaji, but Morrison's have always been dry and flakey in my experience. Both in the snack pack and in the choose your own salad. Same goes for their falafel balls. Had both last night in a salad box and they always disappoint. Rest was spot on though.

As far as their snack add ons to the meal deal, my choice would go to the satay sticks.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
I'm glad I'm not a meal deal peasant any more. Chango's burritos in Manchester for life. I would actually get a tattoo for them.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some days I have a pub lunch. Some days I am at home and have a sandwich or an omelette.

But I did used to like the Boots version. Extracting maximum value in the form of a triple sandwich, top-of-the-line smoothie and large bag of crisps.

Other only thing sweeter than the delectable food stuffs consumed is the scale of the discount on the receipt, sometimes approaching 50%.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
She's got a tattoo of a meal deal on her leg, guys.

She obviously has a sense of humour.

Anyway, the Tesco Free Range Egg Mayonnaise Sandwich is THE BEST supermarket egg sandwich.

It's sliced boiled eggs on an egg mayonnaise. Double eggs.

Not sure it's part of the meal deal though and I'm constantly worried they're going to phase it out or reduce the egg ratio because of Brexit or something.

The egg and cress sandwich is insipid in comparison.
Egg mayo is pretty nice, but for me its all about the Triple Cheese sandwich which cant be beat.

Tea and Toast

Oct 26, 2017
£4.25 for a delicious meat ball wrap is worth every penny.

That Meatball Wrap is so freaking good. I could eat like 5 of them in one sitting though.

You're mental if you don't get the all-day brekkie triple + some flaming hot Monster Munch. Sometimes I get the coconut water because I wanna feel like I'm getting one over on tesco which I'm probably not.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
If this is going to be a meal deal thread I have to say I like the Greggs meal deal, though it's not the usual format. I go in for their coffee but often used to buy their drink plus sandwich or salad deal, which I believe is now about £3.25 to eat off the premises. More recently I've started buying the coffee with their vegan sausage rolls, which are a much lighter snack, inexpensive, and can keep me going all afternoon.

When I've bought supermarket meal deals I always avoid the crisps. If I ate crisps I might as well resign myself to an eternally inflating waistline.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Yeah I'm lost as fuck lol. Fair play, I'm sure all the American threads throw people off too.

Here's a basic guide to some of the terms being thrown around:

Meal Deal - Offer that many places have which usually comes with a Sandwich/Wrap/Salad + Snack + Drink
Tesco - Biggest supermarket/convenience store chain in the UK; mid-range in price
Morrisons, Sainsburys (Sainsbos), Co-Op - Other supermarkets/convenience stores
Boots - Pharmacy (or Drug Store)
Pret & Greggs - Sandwich/Coffee shops. Pret is higher-priced than most.
Absolute Tory - Rich cunt

Any more you want the definition of? :P

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure that's going to be hilarious when she's fifty.

When you're fifty who gives a god damn fuck what you look like. Not like you're out on the prowl trying to get some every night, FOH with this shit.

You really think you're going to look like hot shit when you're fifty?

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Tesco Sushi?

What madness am I reading right now. What hellscape is the UK turning into...

Plum

May 31, 2018
Tesco Sushi?

What madness am I reading right now. What hellscape is the UK turning into...

It's not too bad, but for the price you really do get fuck all (then again that's coming from a fat bastard like myself). If you want to feel like you've had something decent for lunch then you're much better off getting a sandwich or pasta.

TBH the worst thing about Britain is the inability to get decent non-costly Sushi. Places like Yo Sushi are way too expensive for what you get and the same goes for most sit-down places.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Meal Deal - Offer that many places have which usually comes with a Sandwich/Wrap/Salad + Snack + Drink
Tesco - Biggest supermarket/convenience store chain in the UK; mid-range in price

Needed to add this:

Cunt - not a sexist insult. Potentially not an insult.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

Nah, that's gonna do it. Thanks lol

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Monster? You disgusting individual!

Ham only applies to Somerset.

The best!
20190704-170439.jpg

Deleted member 50454

Banned
Dec 5, 2018
I cannot endorse this tattoo, simply for the fact that this used to be my favourite pack of noodles but years back they changed the ingredients making it not suitable for vegetarians so I can no longer eat them 😭

You've been saved! Super Noodles are rank.

There are so many far better noodles out there that are suitable for Veggies for you to discover.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing he is a secondary school teacher in Northern Ireland

which is why he is using windows 7.

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017