• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Over the course of two years, Lizzie Proctor from Bournemouth spent a whopping £2,190 on Tesco meal deals.

Speaking about her discovery of Tesco's bargain lunch, Lizzie said: "I started out at Sainsbury's, then Morrisons, M&S and a bunch of other places but nothing ever hit the spot.

"Then I went to Tesco and they had the one that blew my mind.

0_PAY-TESCO-MEAL-DEAL-TATTOO.jpg

She continues: "From that day onwards that was it, I decided that was the meal I was going to have to eat for the rest of my life - every day.

In fact it's has such an impact on her that she decided to get the meal deal tattooedon her leg as a permanent reminder of how much she loves it.

0_PAY-TESCO-MEAL-DEAL-TATTOO.jpg

But she got a great reaction from Tesco, who thought the inking was brilliant.

The company reached out and sent Lizzie a goodie box full of treats from the store - though there was one thing missing.

That tat lmao
More at the link.
So Era... erm... what food related tats you got?!

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have a food related tat but my mate's girlfriend has a taco tattooed on her wrist, it's funny.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm the only cook/chef I know without any ink, but food tats are pretty common in the profession. I have a good friend from culinary school who has a sleeve of heirloom vegetables (and a tiny pig silhouette on his shoulder blade). My current boss has a sleeve of a salmon, a pig, and wine. And I know a guy who has a sleeve of veggies core to Italian cooking.

Gakidou

Oct 30, 2017
pip pip cheerio fish & chips
Eh, at least she seems like she embraces tacky tattoos in general, i suspect the article is trying to make her sound more obsessed than she really is.
Also southern fried chicken wrap is choice so fair play.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why doesn't it say what her preferred deal is? What crisps and drink does she like?

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
Is Tesco a store like Walmart or something little nicer like Trader Joes?

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Tacky.

Imagine getting a tattoo of some kind of "deal." Or any budget commercial product. The very thought of proudly debasing yourself by identifying so closely with a symbol of poverty makes me squeamish. People should want more for themselves.

Last edited:

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
Is Tesco a store like Walmart or something little nicer like Trader Joes?

Its Walmart but slightly less shitty. Slightly.

Like Walmart they once dominated the British retail landscape. I think in the pre-financial crisis era £1 in every £8 was spent at a Tesco owned business or something like that.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slightly above walmart. I wouldn't call their food nasty but it's stuff you buy when you need a quick lunch at work and don't want to spend much money. It's not something you seek out outside of those conditions. It's fine.

Deleted member 50454

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
She's got a tattoo of a meal deal on her leg, guys.

She obviously has a sense of humour.

Anyway, the Tesco Free Range Egg Mayonnaise Sandwich is THE BEST supermarket egg sandwich.

It's sliced boiled eggs on an egg mayonnaise. Double eggs.

Not sure it's part of the meal deal though and I'm constantly worried they're going to phase it out or reduce the egg ratio because of Brexit or something.

The egg and cress sandwich is insipid in comparison.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Tesco got rid of their standard Chicken Fajita wrap and kept the (shit) Southern Fried Chicken one, the duck one and the (also shit) Caeser Salad one.
Meal deals have been downhill ever since.

GS_Dan

Oct 30, 2017
Tesco got rid of their standard Chicken Fajita wrap and kept the (shit) Southern Fried Chicken one, the duck one and the (also shit) Caeser Salad one.
There's a Jerk Chicken wrap atm which is legit.
Used to go to Boots for my lunch deals, but Tesco upped their game over the last couple of years.

Oct 29, 2017
I would be too worried to get so attached to a product that could be disconnected one day, or receive a change in the recipe. The possibility would haunt me.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I've been getting Sainsbos ones recently but Tesco are very good now and Boots I think are still a bit better.

battousai

Oct 25, 2017
Why doesn't it say what her preferred deal is? What crisps and drink does she like?

It does in the link:

As a result the 22-year-old has been branded the 'meal deal queen' and she claims her favourite lunch, consisting of a southern fried chicken wrap, cheese and onion crisps and an orange Lucozade has "changed her life".

I mean it seems like she's having fun. The meal deal is a constant part of her life and she is passionate about it.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As a result the 22-year-old has been branded the 'meal deal queen' and she claims her favourite lunch, consisting of a southern fried chicken wrap, cheese and onion crisps and an orange Lucozade has "changed her life".

I mean it seems like she's having fun. The meal deal is a constant part of her life and she is passionate about it.

I would eat that meal deal

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
if i was a person who got tattoos, i probably would've considered getting a Sheetz or Flamin' Hot tattoo at this point

TUFCfan

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely still have the Chicken Fajita one in my local store, or at least they did a couple weeks ago. The southern fried chicken and the chicken caesar ones are great though.

Did notice that they'd noticeably reduced the size of the subs within the last 12 months, though they did a great one at Christmas (boxing day sub) that tasted amazing.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I'm glad she's enjoying it, but making your own is so much cheaper and healthier.