• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

maigret

Jun 28, 2018
It is amazing to see the privilege at work as these people's identities are revealed. We've got a legislator from West Virginia, the son of a Brooklyn Supreme Court Justice, the CEO of a tech company, and I'm sure the list goes on. These are relatively well educated, connected people who crafted and exacted this terrorist act.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
This is a picture from the onion. It's so formulaic. The combo of angry white ass motherfucker, camo Trump hat, Pistol holster, shotgun to the side, thin blue line flag, Fox news blaring patriotically, video games in the background... just... All that's missing is some gamergate merch. Maybe it's there and I'm missing it.
Worth noting there is an entire shelf of PlayStation games on the TV stand.

Edit: I missed that you said that. So sorry.

Last edited:

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
It is amazing to see the privilege at work as these people's identities are revealed. We've got a legislator from West Virginia, the son of a Brooklyn Supreme Court Justice, the CEO of a tech company, and I'm sure the list goes on. These are relatively well educated, connected people who crafted and exacted this terrorist act.
Yes. The myth that Trumpers are just uneducated hillbillies from deep within the rural areas of the midwest & south and there are no elite among them is a false one. Those people don't have the kind of access, money & opportunity for the kind of weapons & weapons training that we've seen some MAGA morons taking.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
If ever a thread title was begging to be renamed to Pure Schadenfreude.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Yes. The myth that Trumpers are just uneducated hillbillies from deep within the rural areas of the midwest & south and there are no elite among them is a false one. Those people don't have the kind of access, money & opportunity for the kind of weapons & weapons training that we've seen some MAGA morons taking.
Toxic masculinity and white privilege aren't exclusive traits for rednecks and illiterate hillbillies. They're prevalent across all demographics. Trump wouldn't have received 74.2 million votes otherwise.

Although one should rightfully question whether having a piece of paper that purports to be a degree of some kind qualifies many of these Trumpers as being "educated".

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I enjoy this thread. Glad the figured out who zip tie guy is. I actually thought he might be a police officer since he was wearing his cell phone where many cops wear their body cam. Hopefully they seized his phone and pull video off of it that leads to more arrests because I guarantee he was recording the entire time. No other reason to have his phone positioned that way.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
CNN was just talking about the podium guy getting arrested, finally. He's a furniture maker and was trying to sell the podium on ebay.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
strangely amusing how stupid these guys all seem to be. but also frightening how far they came despite this. imagine this would have been organized and lead by smart and experienced guys...

Smart and experienced people don't usually attempt a terrorist coup knowing the military won't be on their side. Selection bias fortunately works strongly against them here.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Toxic masculinity and white privilege aren't exclusive traits for rednecks and illiterate hillbillies. They're prevalent across all demographics. Trump wouldn't have received 74.2 million votes otherwise.

Although one should rightfully question whether having a piece of paper that purports to be a degree of some kind qualifies many of these Trumpers as being "educated".
I guess my point was more that the most dangerous section of the Trump cult are these rich(er) people who have the time and the money to teach themselves how to use assault weapons, not the poor disenfranchised who barely scrape by (who might be more numerous).

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I guess my point was more that the most dangerous section of the Trump cult are these rich(er) people who have the time and the money to teach themselves how to use assault weapons, not the poor disenfranchised who barely scrape by (who might be more numerous).

It's a good point. Could you imagine if Erik Prince shadowfunded/trained this coup attempt?

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
"I just wanted a souvenir, I meant no harm!"

Disgusting.
Wu00pPb.png

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
It's a good point. Could you imagine if Erik Prince shadowfunded/trained this coup attempt?
That's the scary thought. What if they LEARN of these setbacks and become (even) more organized and actually put some thought (& competent people) behind what they are doing? So far it's been Dumb Watergate after Dumb Watergate type deals with all of the circus surrounding Trump but that might not last.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
He trespassed. Stole government property. Transported property across border. Attempted to sell stolen property.

He is immensely, federally fucked before you even consider the violent context of the riot and the deaths.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
LOL they got Ziptie guy because he does a fucking cameo in a live stream at an "after party" at the hotel...

Clowns
ErPWKw-XIAU48IU

ErQsZ4vXEAg-Rrq

ErQz6StXIAEnfPg

Almost like a parody,
someone looks like his mom stays with him unmasked.
find her in a livestream and instantly ID him,
His stupid hat is then sitting in the background of the social media picture.

The boots on the carpet are upsetting me.

Also looks like he plays a ton of games. I wonder if he has a GAF account.

Oct 25, 2017

I believe their point was largely that the common stereotype of them largely being uneducated hillbillies. Obviously with 74 million votes it's not going to be all hicks, but its important to keep in mind those who are the largest drivers of these bases. Wealthy white people who can spend the money and time to manipulate these people.

SerKwak

Apr 6, 2018
Is there already a deck of Cards available of these people like the one US soldiers got during the last Iraq war with all the heads of government on them? Seems like a good idea!

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
I believe their point was largely that the common stereotype of them largely being uneducated hillbillies. Obviously with 74 million votes it's not going to be all hicks, but its important to keep in mind those who are the largest drivers of these bases. Wealthy white people who can spend the money and time to manipulate these people.

I've actually read before that in terms of things like education level, net worth, gender, etc, Trump voters are surprisingly diverse. The only big thing they almost all have in common is whiteness. Though I imagine those stats didn't bother to look at the cisgender percentage - can't imagine there's a lot of trans Trumpets.

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
Imagine throwing away your professional career, for trump, FOR TRUMP

A dude who gives zero shits about you

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
CNN was just talking about the podium guy getting arrested, finally. He's a furniture maker and was trying to sell the podium on ebay.

I'm just imagining the eBay message chain on that one.

NotACop: hey im interested in buying the podium
NotSmart: oh cool you can pick it up at my shop at (address)
NotACop: kk brt 5min
NotSmart: uh it's 3 AM here
NotSmart: hello?

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
nah that turd is in the yellow opposite side of the horned turd from the turd that got fired
ErFC2kEXYAI5tJ6
I'm all for all of these people getting fired. Bring it the fuck on.

What bothers me more right now is these guys are the face of this movement and they just look like idiots, but that giant mob that crushed the cop, the guys with zip ties, the people who planted pipe bombs, those people are the real danger and I hope over the next few days and weeks we don't lose sight of it. It's REAL easy to laugh at these troglodytes but these guys can't be the face of the ugly seditious actions of that entire group.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know anything about digital forensics except what movies show me, but shouldn't they be able to simply get a list of cell phones that were at the Capitol during the attacks and come up with a working list of terrorists based on that?

Is that movie technology or is that feasible?