• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Previous thread was closed for questionable source. This info is coming first hand from Congresspeople and reporters.

This is not questionable. This is happening.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That last source is literally the one that got the last thread closed.

The "gunshots" thing is likely the fireworks reported by others, or the pepper balls fired by police. I haven't seen any credible reports of actual gunfire at this point.

Of course, this could DEFINITELY change at some point (even while I am typing this).

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
How has this not been declared a riot yet?
43gv7a.jpg

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
How has this not been declared a riot yet?
you know how/why.

There are some livestreams on twitch following this, but I don't know if it's acceptable to repost those links. People have been sprayed but they are way more aggressive with the police than anything I've seen in the BLM protests.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Official Staff Communication
Events are moving quickly and it is hard to follow what's going on. We all want to be on top of the news. This is why it is important to check our sources and try to ONLY link to legitimate news sources. Please refrain from linking to random twitter accounts. Posts that have bad sourcing will be edited out, and repeatedly failing to check will result in a threadban. Failure to do so across multiple threads will result in a full ban.

We know things are heated and frightening, but it goes without saying that advocating for the murder of anyone will result in a severe ban.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Hopefully Democrats stay safe. Don't wish the worst for Republicans but this is the tide of hate & violence they cultivated for years rushing headlong at them so...

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
Law enforcement energy seems different towards these MAGA hats. I wonder why... I can't put my finger on it...

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar

i see the new york times' absolute dipshit centrist morons have defaulted to BOTH SIDES once again lol

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
lol

What are these dumbfucks hoping to accomplish exactly?

GET OUT OF MY CITY!

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
With how the police are handling this I'm suprised that not more right wingers rob banks on a regular basis.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Just because its a clown shoes of a coup, doesn't mean it's not a coup. Hopefully in an equally fucked up alternate dimension they are actually calling this bullshit for what it actually is as opposed to 'Trump supporters'.

May 19, 2020
boomers attempting a putsch to keep a game show host in power is certainly something i was not prepared for from my high school civics class

public education truly failed me

Oct 27, 2017
The amount of restraint being used on these terrorists lol

And people really love acting like racism don't exist.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Where the fuck are the rubber bullets and tear gas? You had no problem using this shit in droves when we were out there protesting for a legitimate cause. These fucks just tried to storm the damn Capitol building and you do jack shit.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe the police should treat these rioters like peaceful BLM protesters.

Also, please nobody post random tweets with unverified info.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, this should not be closed. It might not be perfect, but the thread has to be open.

Members/posters, check your sources before reposing. A lot of live video is going to come from violent Trump supporters who are posting it to stoke further violence. SOmething might seem worth reposting but consider the stakes.

Stick to key sources, check verified badges, read their profiles before posting. If you've never heard of the "news agency" they represent, just hold off on posting it. There's no prize for being first, but there's real cost for signal boosting a violent insurrection.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I am honestly shocked and in disbelief.

I just never could have seen that inviting thousands of angry lunatics with guns in one place could result in violence and destruction.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
Shouldn't we expect most of these nutjobs are armed? Is there safety precautions or metal detectors that would not allow guns on site?