• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Baphomet

Banned
Dec 8, 2018
For future reference, anyone who might happen to say Adam Sandler will be automatically wrong.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Does Keanu Reeves count? I always feel like he's playing Keanu Reeves instead of the character

All that said, John Wick is fucking amazing

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Nicolas Cage. But I'm not sure if I can call him terrible. I just know when he's cast in a film, he's going to overact the shit out of it which means I'm likely going to love it.
I opened this thread just to complain at the first mention of Cage.

Lots of bad answers in general in these kinds of threads.

EDIT: Also, y'all need to see to see the smaller and more interesting Keanu Reeves movies where he isn't being paid for his image/name. He's not a tour de force or anything, but he's pretty good in A Scanner Darkly, My Own Private Idaho, Thumbsucker, River's Edge, etc.

Last edited:

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Chris Klein. The funny thing is I became a fan when I was a kid and was still watching his movies in French, so I didn't know he was a bad actor because his French voice was perfectly fine. But I spent so long liking him and he seems like such a nice guy that I can't help but want to see him in more stuff.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017

Chris Klein. The funny thing is I became a fan when I was a kid and was still watching his movies in French, so I didn't know he was a bad actor because his French voice was perfectly fine. But I spent so long liking him and he seems like such a nice guy that I can't help but want to see him in more stuff.

Lovably dorky in this terribly failed audition tape.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think Dave Bautista is a good actor but I like watching him in his roles.
On the contrary, I think he's convincing and effective in Blade Runner 2049 and Hotel Artemis.

Compare him to someone like Ronda Rousey, who is so stilited in all of her roles. He has limited range, but he's not a bad actor.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Nicolas Cage.

I still not convinced he knows how to act. But he sure is funny to watch.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
There's some odd definitions of terrible actors in here. I'd say that Keanu Reeves and Nicolas Cage have chosen some terrible roles but it's not hard to point to films where they've been terrific.

I will go to my grave saying that Keanu Reeves is one of the most under-rated actors out there!

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
120808021605-arrested-michael-cera-story-top.jpg
I still cannot fathom that they cast him as Scott Pilgrim.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
I always felt Brad Pitt comes across very self-conscious and is not that great of an actor. Still love almost everything he's in.

boof

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
william shatner. i don't know if its fair to call him terrible, but his stylistic choices when playing captain kirk made for some awkward performances. at the same time, i feel kirk would be less interesting without shatner's idiosyncrasies. he'd certainly be less fun to watch.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Isiah Whitlock Junior. I've seen him in so many different things - from Da 5 Bloods to Pete's Dragon at opposite ends of the film spectrum - and he plays the same character in all of them. I'm not even sure he's actually acting.

I love him though. He's obviously famous for a certain catchphrase, but it generally just makes me happy to see him pop up in any film or TV show, because he's consistently entertaining and captivating in that very narrow mould. I like to pretend his different roles are all parts of the Whitlock cinematic universe.

EDIT: Dave Bautista is legitimately talented. He doesn't belong in here.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Some one who could believably be a womanizer and the coolest dude around according to his friends.

Aaron Taylior Johnson, for example.
Even Kieran Culkin who is in the same movie.
Aaron wouldn't work, he is way too sexy, which scott isn't in the slightliest

And i dont know about Colkin, since he just started acting again

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely Keanu. It pains me to admit it because I love the guy, but he's not a good actor.

Dbltap

Oct 31, 2017
Woodinville, WA
Lorenzo Llamas. He sucks so bad he's fun to watch. He had a tv series where he was a loner on a Harley Davidson, going around helping people. I wish I could remember the name of the series. It was so cheesy that it was fun to watch.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Keanu Reeves.

His constant facial expression in the new Bill and Ted trailer was priceless. Cool guy, but zero charisma.

ravnelis

Prophet of Regret
Jan 1, 2018
Ugh, I have to say it - Emilia Clarke.

She's such a lovely person in real life, but that Terminator movie, uh oh.