• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
This is so sad to hear. Terrace House in Hawaii was the best.

But latest season sucked ass and now to hear of the tragedy is just so sad. RIP

Oct 27, 2017
What are you talking about!?
I'm assuming because OP couldn't bother to get the name of the show right, nor did they provide any context whatsoever about what the show was, what incident recently occurred, or why it was cancelled. Especially when between the official TH thread and the one about Hana, far more information is actually provided about what's going on

This is so sad to hear. Terrace House in Hawaii was the best.

But latest season sucked ass and now to hear of the tragedy is just so sad. RIP
That's surprising. Aloha State is generally recognized as the worst season by far. I enjoyed this season far better. People forget how long this one has been going on and that it brought up Shion and Tsubasa

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
yeah I never drop off shows but about 13 episodes into 19-20 I dropped off hard. Just swore the show off. And I was a huge fan of the first Netflix series as soon as it dropped. The fact it WASN'T pure rage bait gave it a genuine, chill slice of life quality. That was totally lost in Aloha state and this season. Felt like a bad imitation of Big Brother

Indeed. It really felt of the original six no one actually liked anyone else and two of them had a raging beef which kind of set the tone for the show.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Wow I didn't follow the news about the suicide at all and didn't realize this show was to blame. Enjoyed the earlier seasons a lot. Sucks to hear but if it had to be done then so be it

yellowfury

Oct 27, 2017
i'm not surprised this is canceled. I'm caught up on the episodes released in america and I wasn't planning on following up with new episodes. I can't watch knowing hana's hopes and dreams ultimately amounted to nothing due to the show.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
I always sued to hear this was the really wholesome, chill reality show along with The Great British Baking Show.

An incredibly sad and frustrating situation. I wish they could punish those that pushed her so far.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
I'm assuming because OP couldn't bother to get the name of the show right, nor did they provide any context whatsoever about what the show was, what incident recently occurred, or why it was cancelled. Especially when between the official TH thread and the one about Hana, far more information is actually provided about what's going on

That's surprising. Aloha State is generally recognized as the worst season by far. I enjoyed this season far better. People forget how long this one has been going on and that it brought up Shion and Tsubasa
Wife and I loved Aloha state likely because we got married there and many of the places we visited and such lol

Juice

Dec 28, 2017
I always sued to hear this was the really wholesome, chill reality show along with The Great British Baking Show.

An incredibly sad and frustrating situation. I wish they could punish those that pushed her so far.

You mean their own producers? their editing and production absolutely goosed the public reactions

Line X

Oct 26, 2017
Completely cancelling the show is the only right thing to do. Don't ever bring it back.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
My point was that this was already being discussed in other threads. And yeah, due to what happened it would be nice if OP bothered to have spelt it correctly and also add a bit of explanation for anyone who may not be aware of what is going on but maybe I'm just being overly critical.

Typically we make new threads for new news instead of lumping stuff together into a megathread.

For instance, sad as I am, I stopped paying attention to the thread about Hanas suicide, how else would I know the show was cancelled if no new thread was made

Anyways, to the topic. Definitely unfortunate, I dont believe it was a show that was encouraging its viewers to act that way but when something so tragic happens you have to take responsibility so if this is the end of Terrace House for good, so be it. However, Japan needs to realize that the problem runs way deeper than TH, its a systemic issue in that country and if TH hadn't been a worldwide phenomenon who knows if this incident would have forced their hand as much as it did (take the other show that has more deaths, is still running, and I had not heard of it until this week)

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As someone who never watched the show but is interested to follow the events that led to this tragedy, is there a YouTube video that chronicles the events properly?

Nov 1, 2017
Those who think it won't come back are likely to be in for a rude surprise, it's popular enough to do so and as already said other reality shows that had deaths/suicides involved still kept on going as well. Give it a year or for the virus to fade and I fully expect to see it return.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
Those who think it won't come back are likely to be in for a rude surprise, it's popular enough to do so and as already said other reality shows that had deaths/suicides involved still kept on going as well. Give it a year or for the virus to fade and I fully expect to see it return.

I would be very surprised if it doesn't come back next year to coincide with the Olympics, which was the original plan for this series.

Nocturne

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, I hope the show is not completely canceled. It was one of the more wholesome reality shows and was nice to watch for that reason. I don't think Terrace House in particular had harmful aspects that aren't present in other reality TV shows.

Reality shows could really use mental health experts though during and after the shows for stuff like this. I do think Hana's death was preventable.
if it was 'wholesome' someone wouldn't be dead.

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
Can you people who are commenting "who's terrance?" please just fuck off?

It's my biggest gripe with this forum is that every popular culture related thread always has someone say "Who/What is <insert very popular thing here>" like Google doesn't exist. We get it. You are too much of a independent thinker and mature to be influenced by popular culture and know what these things are. Double the annoyance with the fact this is related to a suicide.

GG-Duo

Oct 27, 2017
For those of you that have been watching all the seasons, has the editing and production really changed over the years? Did the commentary get meaner?

I do remember that there was a lot of articles about how Terrace House was more wholesome compared to its Western counterparts. The major thing being that conflicts are more subtle, and you see people apologize and make up.

but over the years it does seem the show got a lot more popular and the participants all show up on social media more, which means they get lots of direct commentary from followers...

Oct 27, 2017
For those of you that have been watching all the seasons, has the editing and production really changed over the years? Did the commentary get meaner?

I do remember that there was a lot of articles about how Terrace House was more wholesome compared to its Western counterparts. The major thing being that conflicts are more subtle, and you see people apologize and make up.
Mm, not really. The level of drama is Terrace House is still significantly lower than it is in other reality TV shows and the commentators are the same as always. The only thing I've noticed is that as the show becomes more popular, the people selected are increasingly aware of it and that might have some affect on the way they act in front of the cameras

fundogmo

Oct 25, 2017
Having watched it over the years, it's definitely more "wholesome" than western reality shows, but its very clear the show became self aware, and people coming onto it had certain expectations to portray an exaggerated version of themselves.

In the last two seasons in particular, the show really started to emphasize people coming in and feeling the pressure to enter a relationship with other members. I'm sure some of them are just swept up in the moment, but that pressure to perform and then the toxic internet scrutiny (the part that we usually don't see) vaguely encouraged by the hyper-critical host format, definitely feeds into something absolutely not healthy for everyone involved.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
Reading the article, it sounds like only the current "season" has been cancelled, not the show itself.

I still need to watch parts two and three of the current season, but how many episodes won't be streamed on Netflix outside of Japan?

Anchelepizze

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 18, 2019
what the fuck.
It was the only reality TV I enjoyed, it felt like watching real people. I stopped mid-season 3 but the episodes with Peppe had a great vibe, it was just friends spending time together without much drama, and Hana was one of my favourites :(

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
That's the whole point of reality TV shows. Fuck over people's lives for ratings

The messed up thing is literally everyone I know who enjoyed Terrace House did so because it didn't feel like it was messing with people's lives in the way other reality shows always try to, until they really cranked up the drama aspect recently.

I know some people have said that parts of the fanbase have always been this toxic, but the show didn't have to mirror that behavior. I do wonder though, if the fanbase has been so awful for so long, is reality tv always going to draw in those kinds of people, even if the show itself has a softer tone? Is it impossible to cultivate a following that doesn't act entitled to the lives of real people?

but over the years it does seem the show got a lot more popular and the participants all show up on social media more, which means they get lots of direct commentary from followers...

This season was a lot worse as it went on. About halfway through one of the panelists was forced to leave the show because of unpaid taxes. He always seemed to be a bit more of a positive influence on the panel discussions. Without him there, the guest panelist every week tended to just kind of agree with whatever was being said and the bullying or snide comments would continue uninterrupted. The missing panelist was the kind of person who would chime in to tease his fellow panelists, asking if they were being so mean because they're jealous. They would usually admit they might be and everyone would laugh. Then the topic would move on.

Without him there, the snide comments just compounded. It's like everyone on the panel had a role to play and the ones whose job it is to seem mean in a slightly insecure way went entirely unchecked now. Instead of criticizing someone one time and letting it drop, they seemed to get fixated on who they didn't like and bring up past mistakes over and over. One of the house guests even said on air that she felt bullied and judged and their response during the panel was to say she needs to suck it up and feel grateful for the opportunity provided by tv cameras to see what people really think of your behavior.

Even before this happened the tone of the last several episodes had left me wondering if I wanted to continue with this season. It was nothing like the wholesomeness I'd started to expect from past seasons and I felt genuinely uncomfortable.

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck? Clearly there is a problem with these kinds of shows. Ima stop.

The nature of these types of shows always creates a villain. Two of the biggest reality tv shows this year.. Love is Blind and Tiger King. Carol Baskins and Jessica could have easily ended up in a similar situation. It's so messed up how we're entertained by villainizing people.

Anchelepizze

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 18, 2019
The messed up thing is literally everyone I know who enjoyed Terrace House did so because it didn't feel like it was messing with people's lives in the way other reality shows always try to, until they really cranked up the drama aspect recently.

I know some people have said that parts of the fanbase have always been this toxic, but the show didn't have to mirror that behavior. I do wonder though, if the fanbase has been so awful for so long, is reality tv always going to draw in those kinds of people, even if the show itself has a softer tone? Is it impossible to cultivate a following that doesn't act entitled to the lives of real people?

This season was a lot worse as it went on. About halfway through one of the panelists was forced to leave the show because of unpaid taxes. He always seemed to be a bit more of a positive influence on the panel discussions. Without him there, the guest panelist every week tended to just kind of agree with whatever was being said and the bullying or snide comments would continue uninterrupted. The missing panelist was the kind of person who would chime in to tease his fellow panelists, asking if they were being so mean because they're jealous. They would usually admit they might be and everyone would laugh. Then the topic would move on.

Without him there, the snide comments just compounded. It's like everyone on the panel had a role to play and the ones whose job it is to seem mean in a slightly insecure way went entirely unchecked now. Instead of criticizing someone one time and letting it drop, they seemed to get fixated on who they didn't like and bring up past mistakes over and over. One of the house guests even said on air that she felt bullied and judged and their response during the panel was to say she needs to suck it up and feel grateful for the opportunity provided by tv cameras to see what people really think of your behavior.

Even before this happened the tone of the last several episodes had left me wondering if I wanted to continue with this season. It was nothing like the wholesomeness I'd started to expect from past seasons and I felt genuinely uncomfortable.
I've only seen this 2019/20 show.. some parts of it felt really mean but nowhere close to what we see here in reality TV so I just thought it was normal. Some other dialogues were really creepy too, maybe thanks to the Netflix subs, but.. yeah. Is there some other explanation for her suicide? I can't find anything with reliable sources and I can't translate Japanese so instagram ain't helping me. What a shame, poor girl :(

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
I've only seen this 2019/20 show.. some parts of it felt really mean but nowhere close to what we see here in reality TV so I just thought it was normal. Some other dialogues were really creepy too, maybe thanks to the Netflix subs, but.. yeah. Is there some other explanation for her suicide? I can't find anything with reliable sources and I can't translate Japanese so instagram ain't helping me. What a shame, poor girl :(

It definitely remained less extreme than a lot of other reality shows, but it still felt meaner than past years to me. When Emika and Tupas started dating, the first couple to officially date all season, they didn't even really acknowledge it or celebrate them like they normally do because they had all already decided they didn't like Emika. Every time those two did anything on camera as a couple, they talked about how it was fake, she's more experienced than she lets on, and she's just using him. In the past someone in the house might have one or two detractors but it never seemed to be the case of the entire panel disliking someone so openly week after week.

This season also felt more obviously produced to me. Every time someone achieved something, they left the show immediately after, like their story arc was finished and they had better leave so a new story can start. In past years some people stayed for a very long time and it never felt as much like they were being made to leave by a casting team. It almost felt like house guests that hung around more past the point that the panel might think they were interesting got more criticism to make them take the hint and go. (They definitely didn't start out hating Emika for being flirty, but at some point that turned.)

I didn't see any of vol 4 yet, which is when Hana and Kai got into a fight that apparently led to her being so heavily targeted so I don't know what the panel said about it but it's my understanding that they largely sided against Hana in what honestly seemed like a complicated (and very personal) conflict between two people that didn't necessarily have a right or wrong side.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017

Keep in mind that I have a pretty rudimentary understanding of the whole thing, but the online Japanese community is vicious on a different level and they really go after people they don't like.

It's also wild to me that the people on Terrace House can watch their own episodes as they air. I forget what the delay is, but it's surprisingly short and it has caused issues on the show.

Anchelepizze

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 18, 2019
It definitely remained less extreme than a lot of other reality shows, but it still felt meaner than past years to me. When Emika and Tupas started dating, the first couple to officially date all season, they didn't even really acknowledge it or celebrate them like they normally do because they had all already decided they didn't like Emika. Every time those two did anything on camera as a couple, they talked about how it was fake, she's more experienced than she lets on, and she's just using him. In the past someone in the house might have one or two detractors but it never seemed to be the case of the entire panel disliking someone so openly week after week.

This season also felt more obviously produced to me. Every time someone achieved something, they left the show immediately after, like their story arc was finished and they had better leave so a new story can start. In past years some people stayed for a very long time and it never felt as much like they were being made to leave by a casting team. It almost felt like house guests that hung around more past the point that the panel might think they were interesting got more criticism to make them take the hint and go. (They definitely didn't start out hating Emika for being flirty, but at some point that turned.)

I didn't see any of vol 4 yet, which is when Hana and Kai got into a fight that apparently led to her being so heavily targeted so I don't know what the panel said about it but it's my understanding that they largely sided against Hana in what honestly seemed like a complicated (and very personal) conflict between two people that didn't necessarily have a right or wrong side.
I dropped the show after Tupas joined, meaning to get back to it but I'm not really sure I can do so now, it really felt like being with friends especially while being on lockdown. They kept kicking Ruka for being childish and naive, but the housemates tried to get him to do something, and while you could see all the love drama they didn't seem to care that much... her death hit me way harder than I thought a reality TV star's death could. Thanks for the explanation and sorry for the rambling in broken english.

Keep in mind that I have a pretty rudimentary understanding of the whole thing, but the online Japanese community is vicious on a different level and they really go after people they don't like.

It's also wild to me that the people on Terrace House can watch their own episodes as they air. I forget what the delay is, but it's surprisingly short and it has caused issues on the show.
Damn. Didn't think this kind of "wholesome" show could get shitty people to attack a young person.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017

If you've been paying attention you'll notice multiple people saying that something changed with 2019-2020. Over produced/stage managed or not, for the most part it was wholesome. I challenge anyone to watch Opening New Doors (the series before the current one)and not be captivated by the slowly growing romance between Shion and Tsubasa. The very first one, Boys and Girls Next Door, had a wonderful bromance between three males, including:
seeing a kickboxer have to deal with premature retirement due to a brain injury, trying to find what next do with his life (including a period working in child care) and being supported by everyone in the house, including someone cancelling leaving just to help him deal
That shit was life affirming.

But as many said, something changed this season. I don't think it is just the panelist leaving, although it is a very good point that he did used to offer balance, as shit was going down badly in the house when he was still there. I don't know if they purposefully tried to make it that way or they were unlucky with a group of people that really didn't get on right from the very beginning, but that house always felt poisoned.

Deleted member 11796

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The show itself has nothing to do with it.

Remember when a Steven Universe fanartist got bulled into attempting suicide due to a very, very, very tiny part of its fanbase? It's mob psychosis, not the show necessarily. People with broken, ugly souls given a platform to direct their ire at anyone on social media. When those people find each other, bad shit happens. Reality TV might attract more of these people since the individuals themselves are the focus of the program, but you find this shit everywhere.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
The show itself has nothing to do with it.

Remember when a Steven Universe fanartist got bulled into attempting suicide due to a very, very, very tiny part of its fanbase? It's mob psychosis, not the show necessarily. People with broken, ugly souls given a platform to direct their ire at anyone on social media. When those people find each other, bad shit happens. Reality TV might attract more of these people since the individuals themselves are the focus of the program, but you find this shit everywhere.

I disagree and I say that as a fan who has seen every scrap of Terrace House apart from the very latest episodes on Netflix (I was waiting to watch them with my girlfriend who is overseas). I would have agreed with you for any other series than 2019-2020, but it feels very engineered to create more conflict. Previous houses had them not show big disagreements, simply allowing the housemates to refer to them. Aloha State is the only one I can think of right now that had any sort of huge row, right at the very end. With 2019-2020 there was a constant undercurrent of anger and distrust, with three utterly disinterested men and two women that hated each other and another stressing out because she was caught in the middle.. And we saw the shouting. And that was from the very start.

So although I agree the bullying is what caused the suicide and that bullying was not directly the show's fault, you really have to accept that the choice of housemates, the editing and the rhetoric from the panelists all emboldened the trolls.

Deleted member 11796

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I disagree and I say that as a fan who has seen every scrap of Terrace House apart from the very latest episodes on Netflix (I was waiting to watch them with my girlfriend who is overseas). I would have agreed with you for any other series than 2019-2020, but it feels very engineered to create more conflict. Previous houses had them not show big disagreements, simply allowing the housemates to refer to them. Aloha State is the only one I can think of right now that had any sort of huge row, right at the very end. With 2019-2020 there was a constant undercurrent of anger and distrust, with three utterly disinterested men and two women that hated each other and another stressing out because she was caught in the middle.. And we saw the shouting. And that was from the very start.

So although I agree the bullying is what caused the suicide and that bullying was not directly the show's fault, you really have to accept that the choice of housemates, the editing and the rhetoric from the panelists all emboldened the trolls.

Editing and such can absolutely lead people into these mindsets. Look at Tiger King and how it sort of leads on the viewer, which did have a significant impact on how those people were interacted with on social media.

I just don't think the idea that hyper-toxicity in fandom leading to tragedy like this is somehow unique to a certain genre or show. However, Terrace House should go away because of this.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
Editing and such can absolutely lead people into these mindsets. Look at Tiger King and how it sort of leads on the viewer, which did have a significant impact on how those people were interacted with on social media.

I just don't think the idea that hyper-toxicity in fandom leading to tragedy like this is somehow unique to a certain genre or show. However, Terrace House should go away because of this.

Oh I don't think it is either. It is fairly random as to what forms of media get it. Compare Star Wars and Star Trek, for example. Trek seems to be pretty solid whereas Star Wars seems to have some of the worst fans imaginable. But for whatever reasons Terrace House did have those sort of fans, right back to Boys and Girls Next Door (the very first Terrace House. you see Yo-san struggling with online bullying). But it just seemed so much worse this time around, it stepped up a gear and I am trying to work out why.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017

don't feel like rewatching that episode for obvious reasons, but from what I remember, that was more or less the panelists' take, as well

mentioned a couple times that Hana wasn't entirely without fault for what happened to her costume, mostly emphasized that the fight was the result of a frustration that had been building up over time, playfully blamed Boss for pressuring everybody to go on the preceding overnight trip in the first place, generally approached the whole thing with a pretty light touch

my general sense is that, when it came to that specific moment, the show mostly just captured a moment of intense, overflowing frustration; no reality TV-esque villainizing was required for a segment of the fanbase to create a twisted meta narrative and became militant participants in it

of course, that doesn't absolve the show from responsibility, or change that any future season Terrace House will need to do much better, but this really does seem more like a story about just how plain cruel and delusional and heartless people can be

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The primary draw behind reality television is to glance in on people's private lives to see the moments when they're being shitty or vulnerable. It's no wonder that it generates this level of toxicity. The entire genre RUNS on toxicity. No one tunes in to see two people get along. They tune in to shit on people and to make their lives feel better by comparison. People do the same thing with full on fake dramas, but at least there most people are able to disassociate a character from their actor (again, most). Here, the character and the actor are effectively the same so they catch 100% of that blame even if the drama is manufactured.

There's no way no one saw this coming as a consequence. They just didn't care what happened to their contestants.

Nocturne

Oct 25, 2017
If you've been paying attention you'll notice multiple people saying that something changed with 2019-2020. Over produced/stage managed or not, for the most part it was wholesome. I challenge anyone to watch Opening New Doors (the series before the current one)and not be captivated by the slowly growing romance between Shion and Tsubasa. The very first one, Boys and Girls Next Door, had a wonderful bromance between three males, including:
seeing a kickboxer have to deal with premature retirement due to a brain injury, trying to find what next do with his life (including a period working in child care) and being supported by everyone in the house, including someone cancelling leaving just to help him deal
That shit was life affirming.

But as many said, something changed this season. I don't think it is just the panelist leaving, although it is a very good point that he did used to offer balance, as shit was going down badly in the house when he was still there. I don't know if they purposefully tried to make it that way or they were unlucky with a group of people that really didn't get on right from the very beginning, but that house always felt poisoned.
i did watch the first season when it first appeared on netflix. i didn't mind it but it didn't feel substantially different from every other show of its' ilk that's existed. it still had the weirdly voyeuristic layer of watching a panel of personalities pick apart other people's interactions with one another. it was still reality tv.

regarding the other poster, saying the show had nothing to do with its' fans is naive at best. the people who drove hana to suicide were the people that the show has sustained itself on since its' inception, that reality tv exists for. and denying the responsibility that the show had toward protecting hana is extremely dangerous. you can't compare it to what happened to a steven universe fan artist because hana was not just a terrace house fan who had crossed some invisible boundary. steven universe and the people who made it didn't actively legitimize the harassment that happened in its' community, and it didn't exist in a framework where there's every 'entertainment' related reason not to step in to protect people.

the bottom line is that the show shouldn't come back, and that even the 'softest' and most 'wholesome' version of reality tv still inevitably leads to destroying the people it puts its microscope on. you could bring this show back and the gravitional pull in seeking 'better TV' means there will always be a carrot on the stick for the negligence producers take in making sure the ordinary people they've sucked into their project is ok. every person involved in this should at least not be afforded the opportunity to make money off selling the private lives of people for mass consumption any longer. i don't think terrace house is some sacred institution that must continue in spite of tragedy. i think in the grand scheme of things someone's life was not worth the good feelings that terrace house left in however many viewers it had.

so good riddance.

Oct 27, 2017
Not to derail, but it isn't as if things are any different on this forum. Go read through an OT like the one for the Great British Bake Off and you'll see some posters falling over themselves to dunk on the bakers, even though the contestants themselves seem friendly and supportive of each other by and large. I've seen so many posts here and on other sites that criticize certain contestants for being "fake" or begging for attention when the person in question seems to have self-esteem issues.

Oct 25, 2017
New news; don't be jerk and please take the time to spell properly if you're going to make a thread.
Bro ease up

Let the mods worry about if a thread is needed or not.

Also, speaking of mods, you can report a thread title to a mod to update it for accuracy/spelling/etc if it bothers you so much.

Lastly, I wouldn't have learned of this news were it not for this thread since I hadn't stepped in the others (assuming nothing else major had happened.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
The primary draw behind reality television is to glance in on people's private lives to see the moments when they're being shitty or vulnerable. It's no wonder that it generates this level of toxicity. The entire genre RUNS on toxicity. No one tunes in to see two people get along. They tune in to shit on people and to make their lives feel better by comparison. People do the same thing with full on fake dramas, but at least there most people are able to disassociate a character from their actor (again, most). Here, the character and the actor are effectively the same so they catch 100% of that blame even if the drama is manufactured.

There's no way no one saw this coming as a consequence. They just didn't care what happened to their contestants.

Again, for
Boys and Girls Next Door (98 episodes and a movie, two whole years)
Boys and Girls in the City (46 episodes)
Aloha State (36 episodes)
Opening New doors (49 episodes)

This is the exact opposite of what happened. In all of that I can only think of one raging argument, at the end of Aloha State. There was remarkably little toxicity, which is precisely why people full in love with it. I could arm you with article after article explaining this.

You famously have "The Meat Incident" where

Someone's girlfriend used some fancy meat head been given as a present from a client. He had been saving it. He got upset and went off in a bad mood. The others felt bad, they had a talk around the kitchen table and all was resolved

And yet this acquired a name as it was considered a big incident. Because how big big incidents got. The other two biggest ones probably related to people, concerned about their image, specifically kept relationships off camera and had an on camera role. Neither of these results in explosive outburtsts.

It literally became a standing joke that everything got resolved around the kitchen table and they moved on.

Except for this season.

Anyweay, I have to go bed now. My sleeping yablets are kicking in, I've had to correct like one work in five. I need to be in bed.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Again, for
Boys and Girls Next Door (98 episodes and a movie, two whole years)
Boys and Girls in the City (46 episodes)
Aloha State (36 episodes)
Opening New doors (49 episodes)

This is the exact opposite of what happened. In all of that I can only think of one raging argument, at the end of Aloha State. There was remarkably little toxicity, which is precisely why people full in love with it. I could arm you with article after article explaining this.

You famously have "The Meat Incident" where

Someone's girlfriend used some fancy meat head been given as a present from a client. He had been saving it. He got upset and went off in a bad mood. The others felt bad, they had a talk around the kitchen table and all was resolved

And yet this acquired a name as it was considered a big incident. Because how big big incidents got. The other two biggest ones probably related to people, concerned about their image, specifically kept relationships off camera and had an on camera role. Neither of these results in explosive outburtsts.

It literally became a standing joke that everything got resolved around the kitchen table and they moved on.

Except for this season.

Anyweay, I have to go bed now. My sleeping yablets are kicking in, I've had to correct like one work in five. I need to be in bed.
I kinda doubt that The Bachelor would've gone as well if champagne gate had been resolved as well since it was a similar situation. Moreover I'm more concerned about what the showrunners allow rather than the contestants doing it themselves