• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
To be clear, the current season is cancelled, I don't think they've officially cancelled the entire show. But I'd be surprised if it ever came back

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
To be clear, the current season is cancelled, I don't think they've officially cancelled the entire show. But I'd be surprised if it ever came back

It's done for sure. There is no bow deep enough to apologize for the death of a 22 year old girl, the Terrace House brand is done.
The production company may do some other reality show some day, but it sure won't be called Terrace House and have 0 ties or resemblance.

Last edited:

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
Yea the current season is, not the entire show, at least not officially.
Oh but I'm sure that if it comes back, it will be after a long break.
I like it a lot so I hope it comes back.

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Love Island has had two suicides among the cast and the host committed suicide. I don't believe that show is cancelled. Perhaps this will lead to that.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I read that the show's name is tainted, so probably they are not going to bother with a new season soon

ABIC

Banned
Nov 19, 2017
I've only watched one season of this, thought it was OK.

Heard that the producer has deliberately turned up the drama on the show? With nastier moments?

Stoking fires for views really has ramifications

OP
OP
Heromanz

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Heard that the producer has deliberately turned up the drama on the show? With nastier moments?

That's the whole point of reality TV shows. Fuck over people's lives for ratings

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
This is definitely the right move here. I know there were still 2 episodes they had prepared (filmed before COVID ceased production), and I'm really hoping they never release those. It'd be too weird. Similarly, Netflix releasing the ones that Japan already got would also feel really weird and shouldn't be done.

Side note: Why have I seen so many people type is as "Terrance House" recently? Is that just mobile autocorrect?

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck? Clearly there is a problem with these kinds of shows. Ima stop.

To be fair, I don't think there's much indication that the show was much to blame for the host's suicide; that's down to the tabloids. The cast members, though, there's definitely an argument there.

Edit: That said, part of the discussion about Love Island has been related to the poor support post-appearance, and it's possible that does extend to the crew too.

GG-Duo

Oct 27, 2017
It's too bad. I enjoyed the first Netflix series.

but yeah, if they turned up the drama and failed to protect their participants then I can see it becoming a toxic stew.
I do wonder how much of the blame lies with the producers and how much lies with social media?

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
Selfishly I'll be a little bummed if they end up stopping the entire series. But obviously if they can't protect their cast then they don't deserve to come back.

Grenchel

Oct 27, 2017
Reality shows of this ilk are disgusting. Producers get people intoxicated, coerce and lie to make people at their worst in front of the camera.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
It's too bad. I enjoyed the first Netflix series.

but yeah, if they turned up the drama and failed to protect their participants then I can see it becoming a toxic stew.
I do wonder how much of the blame lies with the producers and how much lies with social media?
To me the degrees of blame don't really matter because there's no undoing it. But I think Terrace House deserves all the backlash for ramping up the drama through shitty editing in post. The audience that killed Hana is the specific audience they made a play for (and riled up) with 19-20.

Oct 27, 2017

Welcome to reality TV?

I wonder if this is mainly because of the larger foreign presence/audience that the show has. Because isn't idol culture also filled with fucked up things which have resulted in suicides? Are those groups also cancelled or dealt with in some way?

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
While that's good, I'm still going to wait to hear that the show itself is cancelled.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Are we really in here whining about spelling in a thread about a reality show being cancelled due to a suicide
My point was that this was already being discussed in other threads. And yeah, due to what happened it would be nice if OP bothered to have spelt it correctly and also add a bit of explanation for anyone who may not be aware of what is going on but maybe I'm just being overly critical.

Shadow Walker

Oct 27, 2017
If it comes back in some form they need to do it like previous season do not show the big confrontation to the public. This season was terrible in that regard they made it to western.

Oct 28, 2017
To be honest, I hope the show is not completely canceled. It was one of the more wholesome reality shows and was nice to watch for that reason. I don't think Terrace House in particular had harmful aspects that aren't present in other reality TV shows.

Reality shows could really use mental health experts though during and after the shows for stuff like this. I do think Hana's death was preventable.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
My point was that this was already being discussed in other threads. And yeah, due to what happened it would be nice if OP bothered to have spelt it correctly and also add a bit of explanation for anyone who may not be aware of what is going on but maybe I'm just being overly critical.

It's a very poor OP and the thread title needed even more info, i agree. At least the somberness of this situation deserved some added work.

May 13, 2019
To be honest, I hope the show is not completely canceled. It was one of the more wholesome reality shows and was nice to watch for that reason. I don't think Terrace House in particular had harmful aspects that aren't present in other reality TV shows.
Wasn't that the show started like that and then degenerated into a more standard Reality Show fare in the latest seasons?

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
If it comes back in some form they need to do it like previous season do not show the big confrontation to the public. This season was terrible in that regard they made it to western.

This is basically it.

Honestly, I think it will come back but it will be more like the past versions. Don't show the huge drama, a panel that isn't as harsh. They lost sight of why people actually watched it in the first place.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Reality TV has always been pretty degenerate, but in the age of social media I feel like everyone participating is at risk of having their well-being permanently ruined.

Oct 28, 2017
Wasn't that the show started like that and then degenerated into a more standard Reality Show fare in the latest seasons?
The "drama" they go through is relatively mild though, especially for me being from Europe. My person life and that of my friends are family are a lot crazier. However, we don't online warriors scrutinizing our every move. It doesn't come close to western reality show drama. Basing this on previous two seasons. I only watched the first 10 eps of this season.

Juice

Dec 28, 2017
This is basically it.

Honestly, I think it will come back but it will be more like the past versions. Don't show the huge drama, a panel that isn't as harsh. They lost sight of why people actually watched it in the first place.

yeah I never drop off shows but about 13 episodes into 19-20 I dropped off hard. Just swore the show off. And I was a huge fan of the first Netflix series as soon as it dropped. The fact it WASN'T pure rage bait gave it a genuine, chill slice of life quality. That was totally lost in Aloha state and this season. Felt like a bad imitation of Big Brother

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This thread is all types of disrespectful. RIP Hana.

What are you talking about!?

New news; don't be jerk and please take the time to spell properly if you're going to make a thread.

You're original post was pretty jerky sounding, even if you didn't mean it to be. If you don't think something should be a thread, PM a mod. All you are doing by complaining about it is giving the thread a bump.