• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jun 12, 2018
I am very shocked im writing this as i bought this game expecting nothing at all, especially after that Teyon Rambo game. But I can't believe the experience Terminator Resistance gave me.

My background with the Terminator franchise is probably like most of you on this forum. T1 and T2 were masterpieces, but all the other Terminator films after that were meh to straight up trash. I'd given up on the series............ until i played this game.

I've always craved a good Terminator story for years, one that would be a good follow up to the original two movies. I wanted that dark atmosphere, great characters, a proper threat and an amazing soundtrack. Terminator Resistance delivered that in spades.

Sure reviews will dump on the game for being "dated" or not playing like an AAA title, or having last gen graphics, etc. But there's only so far a small budget game like this will get you. What this game does have is a ton of heart and passion put into it. You can tell the developers are massive fans of the first two films. If you can look past the surface level issues and you're craving a good Terminator experience, and in my opinion, a true sequel to T1 and T2, then this is for you.

Without spoiling anything, it ties together the original Terminator story perfectly. I actually feel closure on the series after finishing this game. This was the future war story i always wanted to see in the Terminator films as a kid. Bravo Teyon, you've redeemed yourself in my eyes and have made an amazing game. Hollywood should have had you write and direct the last few terminator movies lol. They would have been much better. Terminator Resistance's story is better than T3, Salvation, genysis and dark fate put together.

The game currently has a very positive review score from the community on steam. This game took us all by surprise. I'm glad this game exist as its not only a fantastic terminator game, but its one that we can always come back to, to scratch that terminator itch.

terminator.png

If you're a Terminator fan, I highly recommend you check this game out.

image_cover.jpg

Last edited:

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Been wanting to jump in but waiting for a price drop, my friend in america says he can't find copies in stores anywhere .

I've heard its just a little bit too easy , how is the game length ?

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I'm a big Terminator fan but the PS4 version has literally zero positive reviews on Metacriticand sits on a 47, which is pretty poor. But hey, I might check it out.

orava

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 10, 2019
How much does it revolve around the "you are special" plot? I just want to be some regular resistance grunt.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
EDIT:

made a giant post thinking this thread was about the Christian Bale movie.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
No one else took issue with how empty the free-roam parts of the game were? They make up 80% of the game. You end up pursuing terminators just for something to do.

How much does it revolve around the "you are special" plot? I just want to be some regular resistance grunt.

Quite a bit.

OP
OP
Jun 12, 2018
I'm a big Terminator fan but the PS4 version has literally zero positive reviews on Metacriticand sits on a 47, which is pretty poor. But hey, I might check it out.

Yeah it's like i said reviewers will crap on the game. I think their criticisms are short sighted, but hey everyone is entitled to their opinion. Check it out when it goes on sale. I reckon fans will love this game

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Yep, best Terminator licensed product since T2.. a great AA game.. it's not very challenging, the AI isn't the best, graphics and animations are what they are for a AA game, but it' so much fun and they really nailed the atmosphere of the Future War from the first Terminator movies.. so much love for the Terminator lore from the developers + great music and sounds, choices that change the story, hacking in the form of a Frogger minigame :D, open levels in the form of a Dishonored game, fun weapons, fantastic looking terminator models, one of the best last levels in recently released games, etc..
And this is all coming from the developers - Teyon - of the awful Rambo: The Video Game .. this is the biggest shock I had when it comes to videogames in a couple of years now .. another one great suprise game coming from Poland

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I didn't even give this game a second look because from the first info it seemed like a low tier budget title... But after reading your post, I will check it out.

Thanks, OP :)

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just finished this last weekend. Picked it up for $35 used from a local seller for Xbox One X.

Took me about 12 hours to complete. I really enjoyed it. It's a bit dated as it started life when Genysis was being filmed so it has some heritage to last gen, but despite that is provides a good story, a very atmospheric setting and a fairly good ride.

it's hard to describe why I enjoyed it so much despite its flaws. If you can get it at a good price pick it up.

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Based on what I've seen from Jim Sterling, it looks better than it had any right to be. Looks like they cared a lot about the IP.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I'm willing to give this one a try because I recently watched Dark Fate and it wasn't THAT bad. Perfectly passable and I want more Terminator in some form.

Jun 13, 2018
Did not expect a game cashing in on being in the wake of a new trashy as fuck soulless Terminator movie to have genuine passion and love for the story, world and characters behind it, but there you go. Mind blown.

Gives me warm recollections of playing Future Shock somehow.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still baffled by these reviews. I found it bland and boring. It's too easy, characters and dialogues are painful to listen to, main protag is awful, shooting is just decent. Levels feel totally uninspired. People must really want a Terminator game I guess...

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
I'm still baffled by these reviews. I found it bland and boring. It's too easy, characters and dialogues are painful to listen to, main protag is awful, shooting is just decent. Levels feel totally uninspired. People must really want a Terminator game I guess...

The impression I got from every trailer I've watched on the game and the gameplay videos too. But yeah, guess its good if you love the franchise.

Haikira

Dec 22, 2017
Northern Ireland
I bought it last week, based on Civvie11s review (which I only watched the first half of, because of a spoiler warning) and I've been having a blast with it. Can definitely recommend it.

I'll probably post better impressions later, when I'm not out and about.

Mar 29, 2018
Could be one of those things like Home front Revolution where console performance and stability was very subpar and made the experience seem substantially worse, while the PC version is easier to run and easier to brute force, making it way more digestible.

Like, the crazy positive reviews on Steam don't lie.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
So what is it, amazing or just a competent game elevated by the use of the Terminator license?

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
So what is it, amazing or just a competent game elevated by the use of the Terminator license?
I wouldn't call it either. I'd say that it's a better than expected budget release, and it has some pretty large flaws. I think the OP is overselling it quite a bit, though it may be accurate to their experience with the game. The narrative, characters, game structure, and some gameplay systems have some mild to serious issues, but the team did do a lot with a little, and really capture the atmosphere for Terminator. Far better than expected.

I think with titles like this it is really important not to oversell them, as you'll likely end up with a lot of disappointed people, but rather try to highlight the strengths, and let the game surprise. This game can be a pleasant surprise to the right fan of this franchise, but I wouldn't call it anything more than that.

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
There was a PS2 Terminator game called Dawn of Fate that was fantastic, both gameplay-wise and plot/lore-wise. I don't think it ever got any love though, as I don't think anyone other than me played it haha

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Teyon deserves some kudos for seriously stepping their game up from that apparently quite bad Rambo game.

From what I've seen Terminator Resistance seems perfectly ok, quite reminiscent of that Homefront Revolution, another ok-ish, grungy open-world future FPS in which you're looting materials and rebelling against an oppressing force. It even had a John Connor. Was also dumped on by critics, but also by users, presumably because it's not Terminator.

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
I love Terminator the franchise so much that I enjoy the games even if they are mediocre.

capa%2Bdo%2Bjogo.jpg

I liked and finished Terminator Salvation as well.

8151g%2BkpJ%2BL._SY445_.jpg

This is the only game I missed on and I heard it was one of the best. So mad at myself that I didn't buy it.

Terminator-Resistance

I wonder where this sits when compared to previous Terminator games. But good to see that people in this thread are enjoying it. Def going to buy it when it goes down in price.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP should note the game itself sucks on a variety of levels and you should only play it if you're starved for some hokey pseudo sequel.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Did they balance difficulty out ? I heard the game is cakewalk on every difficulty except the hardest, and still pretty easy ? I really want to try it.

unknownspectator

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
OP should note the game itself sucks on a variety of levels and you should only play it if you're starved for some hokey pseudo sequel.

it doesn't though.

The game is far from perfect but it's worth a playthrough for sure. in my eyes, it is the T3 I want. Just don't go in expecting AAA value. plus, the soundtrack is awesome.

OP
OP
Jun 12, 2018
OP
OP
Jun 12, 2018

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017
An excellent example of the missing AA game archetype. Doesn't overstay its welcome. Doesn't feel made by committee with forced microtransactions.

If you enjoy the classic Terminator feel of the first two films, it's pretty much exactly what you'd expect a great PS2 game to be, just with prettier textures and scale.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
My first platinum trophy was some middling Terminator game on PS3. Does this one have a plat?

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just a random heads up, this is 16 dollars on psn at the moment. I'm probably gonna get it because I'm a fool.

mrpapaye

Apr 24, 2018
This is the only good and true sequel to Terminator 2 I know :
www.rottentomatoes.com

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles | Rotten Tomatoes

Tired of fleeing from both killers from the future and law officers in the present day, Sarah Connor resolves to go on the offensive against whatever new technological enemies may travel back in time to murder her teen son, John, who is destined to become the savior of mankind. Sarah and John...

If you are a Terminator fan, don't miss it !

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Heres the link. 15.99 with ps+

Terminator: Resistance

There is no fate but what YOU make. Experience the events leading up to the decisive final battle for the fate of mankind in the war against the machines. Terminator Resistance, is a first-person shooter set during the Future War scenario that was only glimpsed at in the iconic films, THE...