• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
weird, i already pre-ordered my uk collectors edition in early january (from my usual gamestore).

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Huh. Good to know a physical edition exists, was not expecting this.

Would hope it's set to release at the same time as the digitial version, but since it is LRG I kind of have my doubts.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
Reviews are pretty meh for this game, but word of mouth doesn't seem so terrible online. Terminator fans only?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Reviews are pretty meh for this game, but word of mouth doesn't seem so terrible online. Terminator fans only?

Oh, yeah, I really liked the game but if you're not a Terminator fan then there's very little here for you. It's a nostalgia bomb at best.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

Seems to be the case. I haven't played it and have been waiting for this version.

but, people who like it have said the passion the developers clearly have for the series shines through some of the rough parts of the game, and I've heard enough good things to give it a shot for sure.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
I own Terminator Salvation on 4K, so maybe this game is for people with poor taste like me. I'll check it out when it hits PS5.

Lube Man

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
I own Terminator Salvation on 4K, so maybe this game is for people with poor taste like me. I'll check it out when it hits PS5.
This game is amazingly basic, and it feels GOOD playing a BASIC shooter that's not overbloated, has decent story and an AMAZING FAN SERVICE of an ending.

Finished it in one sitting. Platinumed. So good.

Oct 27, 2017
It's been awhile since I've bought anything from Limited Run. How long do these pre orders usually last before they sell out?

Guy Legend

Sep 22, 2020
Hmm interested. Never played this but a big Terminator fan.

I supposed it's worth getting the enhanced version? Don't have a PS5 yet but could wait to get this when I do.

oggob

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney, Australia

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia

It's easily the best Terminator media piece after Terminator 2.. I think even for someone who isn't a Terminator fan, the game can be fun time.. don't expect high-budget FPS with great graphics and animations and you can get a good, slow atmospheric FPS.. I mean, on Steam it has 92% rating from nearly 5 900 people - of course it isn't a 9/10 game but it is far better than it has any right to be
The fact that it's a game from the same studio that made the notoriously awful Rambo game, is mindblowing

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
This game is amazingly basic, and it feels GOOD playing a BASIC shooter that's not overbloated, has decent story and an AMAZING FAN SERVICE of an ending.

Finished it in one sitting. Platinumed. So good.
the game is a solid 6 or 7/10 but if you are a terminator fan, its the best thing since temrinator 2 (music, story, atmosphere).
Terminator 2 is pretty much my favourite film of all time. The reviews seem pretty meh but I'm still curious. Reckon I should dive in?

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
Terminator 2 is pretty much my favourite film of all time. The reviews seem pretty meh but I'm still curious. Reckon I should dive in?
try to grab a cheap ps4 copy (ps5 upgrade is free). maybe import (retail version is hard to get in some countries but in germany, the retail is sold for like 5-10€ - new).

GambitPool

Nov 27, 2020
This is pretty much the sequel (and prequel?) to Terminator 2 fans wanted for decades. Completely set in Cameron's vision of a post apocalyptic future. You get all the stuff the first 2 movies hinted/briefly showed in it's full glory; even expanded on in certain ways. If you love the first 2 films, this is a love letter to them.

Edit: It's pretty much Fallout set in the Terminator universe also.

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
This is pretty much the sequel (and prequel?) to Terminator 2 fans wanted for decades. Completely set in Cameron's vision of a post apocalyptic future. You get all the stuff the first 2 movies hinted/briefly showed in it's full glory; even expanded on in certain ways. If you love the first 2 films, this is a love letter to them.

Edit: It's pretty much Fallout set in the Terminator universe also.

holy shit that sounds awesome . Terminator is my favorite franchise and I think T2 is the pinnacle of films. I'm definitely ordering.

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
No spoilers, but the final mission is gonna have you geeking out. Still get goosebumps from it lol.

Can't wait, i'm glad I never really looked into this game b/c of spoilers. I've only seen some good word of mouth. Thanks for the info

4v0.gif

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
When you order a game from LRG, you don't actually get it until like way after the official digital release, right? Like months afterward?

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. The game was a solid 7, and I appreciate the effort that was made to make it feel like something made by a bigger studio. Jim Sterling got me to rent it, and I'm glad I did.

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
When you order a game from LRG, you don't actually get it until like way after the official digital release, right? Like months afterward?

Normally, yes, but this might be different since it doesn't seem like a pure exclusive of theirs and the preorders close weeks ahead of release. It's quite possible they'll ship it on release day like they did Hitman 3.

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
Have the developers stated when the next-gen upgrade for digital owners kicks in?

I plan to play through it once it gets the full PS5 treatment. (I got it cheap a few months back)

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017