• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017
I only got the Xbox One version... hoping for a Series X patch down the line.

Oh and BTW, the developers of this gem are the same that made the Rambo game. THAT Rambo game

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Glad I bought it when it was on sale that one time on PSN. Think that's the only sale it has had on consoles.

No Xbox update is a bit odd though. Wonder if it's timed. They aren't saying a word about it.

lucablight

Oct 27, 2017
The critical reception for this game is appalling. Why is it getting so much positive feedback in this thread. Is there really such a huge discrepancy between critic and fan response?

BigDaddyCool

Nov 29, 2020
Lmao this title screen
image0.png

Andvari

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I've seen a very good review of this game from a source I trust a while back, and now seeing this thread and reading the updates that are coming to PS5... Yeah I'll give this game a go in 2021 for sure.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Can you name another comparable game that is 47% on metacritic without a single positive review that gets as much positive user feedback?

Well to be fair most of us are on the same wavelength as those 60% reviewers, like:

"This is not the Terminator game you have been waiting for. However, in a world that has subjected the license to countless sloppy video game adaptations, Terminator: Resistance shines among them as a beacon of hope. Teyon won't win any awards for this, but there is a clear love for the Terminator franchise. " and it's enough, especially for Terminator fans.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
Can you name another comparable game that is 47% on metacritic without a single positive review that gets as much positive user feedback?
who cares? cyberpunk got 9s and 10s across the board and the game is a broken unfinished mess.
this is a low budget game from a small developer. their last game (rambo) was one of the worst games in recent years, so i guess most reviewers never fully played terminator or made up their mind long before.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
i am not sure why reviewers don't like it. The game is legitimately good. It has some flaws but you can tell they were really passionate while making it.

Exactly this. It has rough edges for sure and the lower budget shows, but neither of those things diminish what is a genuinely great attempt at making a good piece of entertainment. It was a real surprise for me and I'm glad the comments on here made me play it in the end as I wound up loving my time with it, warts and all.

lucablight

Oct 27, 2017
who cares? cyberpunk got 9s and 10s across the board and the game is a broken unfinished mess.
this is a low budget game from a small developer. their last game (rambo) was one of the worst games in recent years, so i guess most reviewers never fully played terminator or made up their mind long before.
Let's not be disingenuous here. Cyberpunk has a metascore of 52 on PS4. That isn't surprising and something that is to be expected given the backlash. I'm not saying metascores are gospel but they can be a useful tool to gauge consensus. I don't think you generally get this much of a discrepancy between critical and public opinion (for Terminator resistance that is) so I think it's an interesting point to ponder.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I beat this game earlier this year and I really, really liked it. You probably gotta be a Terminator fan to appreciate it though, else I'd skip it.

Oct 25, 2017
i am not sure why reviewers don't like it. The game is legitimately good. It has some flaws but you can tell they were really passionate while making it.

I genuinely get the impression a lot of reviewers didn't really give the game a chance cause it's movie gameby a z-list developer.

The same thing happened with Mad Max. There was a big disparity between reviews and user scores

Bioshocker

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Hm. I remember watching the IGN review (4/10, "bad") and not thinking about the game again. My bad, as it seems. I think I'll get it. Would've liked that DLC on Xbox, though.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
is there a way to track prices on PSN and have it alert me if it drops? This thread has me wanting the game but I literally shouldn't play it until March, but I don't want to miss any short sales on it before then

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
The game is an ok FPS at best. It's very easy (even on the highest difficulty it's not difficult), poor AI and half the skills are completely pointless. Without the Terminator license, no one would give it a second thought.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
reading the description, this sounds like features already in the PC version? So I could potentially just get that, which is the same price currently on steam.

Nov 4, 2017
Great news!
Won't happen until I buy a PS5, so not for the next two years at least, but will definitely buy again to support those guys! And get the DLC of course.
That was my GOTY 2019.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
I genuinely get the impression a lot of reviewers didn't really give the game a chance cause it's movie gameby a z-list developer.

The same thing happened with Mad Max. There was a big disparity between reviews and user scores

agreed. people argue that there's no such thing as a reviewer hive mind. but as often as not review scores keep saying different...

Oct 28, 2017
Decent game with issues. I think the game loses its edge some way in to the game. Terminators stop being a threat as your arsenal grows. The game is also an ultimate example of games that follow modern trends without any rhyme or reason. XP, skill trees, crafting, loot. All pointless nonsense. The game does a decent job with its setting, music, atmosphere and nods to the franchise. The gameplay itself is ok nothing more nothing less.

Also the sex scenes are hilarious

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
agreed. people argue that there's no such thing as a reviewer hive mind. but as often as not review scores keep saying different...

there are people in this very thread echoing a lot of the same thoughts. Are they a part of the "Hive mind" too? Is the idea of some reviewer hive mind based on the meta critic score somehow which people nowadays put so much stock into? Because looking at the actual critic reviews for this game, they range from 40 all the way to a 75. How is that a hive mind? Is it really a hive mind, or some sort of conspiracy? Or is it more likely that some people simply have no idea how to deal with the fact that someone (even a professional critic) might not like a game as much as they do?

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
there are people in this very thread echoing a lot of the same thoughts. Are they a part of the "Hive mind" too? Is the idea of some reviewer hive mind based on the meta critic score somehow which people nowadays put so much stock into? Because looking at the actual critic reviews for this game, they range from 40 all the way to a 75. How is that a hive mind? Is it really a hive mind, or some sort of conspiracy? Or is it more likely that some people simply have no idea how to deal with the fact that someone (even a professional critic) might not like a game as much as they do?

well, i feel that my opinon regarding the hive mind has nothing to do with whether or not i personally agree or disagree with it, which varies from game to game. rather, i'd say it's more likely that some people simply have no idea how to deal with the fact that it's very highly likely that many reviewers might actually spend time discussing games they're reviewing with each other. i mean, why wouldn't they?...

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
well, i feel that my opinon regarding the hive mind has nothing to do with whether or not i personally agree or disagree with it, which varies from game to game. rather, i'd say it's more likely that some people simply have no idea how to deal with the fact that it's very highly likely that many reviewers might actually spend time discussing games they're reviewing with each other. i mean, why wouldn't they?...

there are a total of 15 critic reviews on meta critic for this game. Do you really think it was a hot topic on conversation in professional reviewer circles? To the extent that it somehow influences their perceptions of the game when they sit down to write a review? Or is it possible that the 15 people who sat down to play and review this game just thought it was anywhere from poor to merely good? Which is the most likely scenario?

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
there are a total of 15 critic reviews on meta critic for this game. Do you really think it was a hot topic on conversation in professional reviewer circles? To the extent that it somehow influences their perceptions of the game when they sit down to write a review? Or is it possible that the 15 people who sat down to play and review this game just thought it was anywhere from poor to merely good? Which is the most likely scenario?

i'm saying that the factors that determine what is & isn't taken into consideration when attempting to judge the quality of a game are something that can be peer fabricated/influenced. 'standards', such as what is acceptable graphically or mechanically, or which elements carry more weight than others, can exist without actually being formalized...

it's simply the way we work as people...

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
i'm saying that the factors that determine what is & isn't taken into consideration when attempting to judge the quality of a game are something that can be peer fabricated/influenced. 'standards', such as what is acceptable graphically or mechanically, or which elements carry more weight than others, can exist without actually being formalized...

I mean, why are you singling out a "reviewer's" hive mind then?

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

that applies to everyone, especially people that hang out on video game forums and talk about video games all day, don't you think?

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Did not read the Terminator part and only read Resistance part. You can imagine my delightful surprise followed by disappointment when I read the full title second time.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Announce upgrade for ps5 only. Only Xbox version on sale.

logocally you'd think they would make the update available for Xbox as well, so may be worth jumping on that price as a gamble? It also makes me want to hold off for that price for the PS4 version

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017

logocally you'd think they would make the update available for Xbox as well, so may be worth jumping on that price as a gamble? It also makes me want to hold off for that price for the PS4 version

I'm hoping we see that price when the PSN holiday sale goes up.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
that applies to everyone, especially people that hang out on video game forums and talk about video games all day, don't you think?

absolutely. which 'professional reviewers' is a particular sub-class of. again - why wouldn't game reviewers get together to talk shop? unlike the rest of us, it's what they do for a living. it's something they have in common...

i'm not implying in any way that 'hive mind' is exclusive to game reviewers. i'm simply saying that, people being people, it's no real surprise that it exists, & that it exist among game reviewers as much as anywhere else...

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
55 meta but I've heard mostly positive things.
Just sent 50% on Xbox for $20 now.

So I bought the game on Series X just recently due to the sale and the game actually runs quite good with the One X enhancements.

I'm not sure what the resolution is since it has a mix of film grain and chromatic aberration but it's a pretty clean looking game, it also has an "unlimited" FPS option in the graphics settings so it runs at a very smooth framerate on the SX. As for how good the game is, so far I've been enjoying it given how interesting this part of the Terminator timeline is and it's not an open world Ubisoft formula game so the linearity is welcomed.

I did find it odd that they didn't mention an Xbox version getting upgrades but it could be that the One X enhancements were already in line with the PS5 updates or they're doing the Xbox update a bit later on due to their team size. Very interested to see what the DLC will be about though.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any news for where the retail version will be sold? I can't find it anywhere for pre-order.