• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm going to have to try out this game with the praise it's getting here. Maybe I'll try out the PC version if I could get it on sale.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So the DLC won't even be available at all for the Xbox vanilla release? Guess it must be a timed exclusive thing then since they seem to be cutting out the Xbox version on everything here. Weird one to snag tbh lol
Sony going for the big guns.
Or they're a smaller team and sales data showed them where they should invest first.

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
Not bad. Bought it a few month a go for 10 Euro, but never really played it. Definitely give it another try whe the next gen patch is out.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
UGH!! Not sure if I should get this on PC, or wait and get it for the PS5!!

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
I played through this on PC at launch and had a great time with it. A good story and metro-esque gameplay. Highly recommend everyone grab this.

my steam review sums up my feelings pretty well:
Terminator: Resistance is a great game, I will shocked with how much I enjoyed it.

It's an amazing B game, it may not have had the hugest budget but it is really well made. The story is really great. It is directly related to the first two Terminator movies, with tons of references and links without feeling overly fan servicey.

The graphics are good if not incredible, the game play is very much inspired by the Metro series, with a small dash of fallout thrown in. It's linear and took me around 10 hours to get 100% the length was perfect and very well paced.

The characters and voice acting is well done and makes you connect with the characters. You start off feeling pretty powerless when you encounter your first terminator at the end with the leveling system and upgrades for your weapons you feel super powerful and destroying the strongest terminators with ease.

I highly recommend this game!

Dec 6, 2017
US
Not really.

The game is more like a linear Fallout game. You explore and find scraps to upgrade but the game is more linear so you don't go around an open world. It also has some side missions but they are more like a side objective than a full quest.

You also have choices that lead to different fates for the characters and ending.

So think of it more as a stealth game with survival aspects until you start getting better weapons to become a terminator killing machine.
yeah, i think there like 2 missions with a squad that resemble call of duty style leveldesign and gameplay. 90% of the game you are alone, exploring the destroyed los angeles.
You're on your own for the vast majority of the time when in missions.

Ah great, that all sounds great to me honestly. I vastly prefer linear and tightly structured games anyway so that's music to my ears.

I'll pick it up when this upgrade hits, 100%. Thanks for selling me on it everyone.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this is my "fuck it, why not" point. This feels like a weird one but I'm going to reward them for it. Fair play to the devs for having the resources and the chops to give this a shot.

On paper it seems like exactly the kind of game I'd like right now too.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
Working my way through this on Xbox. I'd be lying if i said this exclusive next gen update wasn't annoying.

Oct 27, 2017
Ah great, that all sounds great to me honestly. I vastly prefer linear and tightly structured games anyway so that's music to my ears.

I'll pick it up when this upgrade hits, 100%. Thanks for selling me on it everyone.
You are welcome!

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. It was the Terminator 3 I wanted and I was really happy it turned out as good as it did. Even better is that I thought it would be disappointing because it was made by the devs who made the on rails rambo game but then it turned out to be a really good game. They redeemed thenselves in my eyes.

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
The comments in here are definitely piquing my interest. I love the original Terminator and I don't mind some rough edges here and there either.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I quite liked the game. It was janky and weird and had a number of superfluous systems, but you can tell the developers cared about what they were doing.

I'll definitely be doing another run on PS5.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll look into it. Only terminator game I liked was some side scroller arcade shooter in the 90s.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe a retail version will be affordable again. Do we know if there will be a retail release?

Edit: oh I see it in the bullet points. Woo hoo.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Surprised it's getting an expansion pack, this game was really quite a treat for a Terminator fan. I like the day one version a bit better though, since the violet plasma rifles just fucking rekt the machines, it's so fun, they made it more balanced later on & technically it's a better game for it i suppose.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I read this too quick and thought it was a Resistance remaster. Oh well, this seems really neat too.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
I really enjoyed this, looking forward to the 2nd playthrough on ps5.

Holding out for an arnie cameo tho. Missed him in the original release.

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
Count me with the number of voices praising the game. Its really good. A hidden gem of 2020 no doubt. Great Metro vibes throughout the whole thing and easily the best Terminator anything since T2. Too bad I switched to xbox for the gen though it appears.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, totally didn't expect this to happen. I really enjoyed it, especially for the $16 I paid. I'll definitely play again, even though I have the platinum.

LV-426

Oct 29, 2017
This is awesome the game is better than it had any right to be as a budget title. It's actually one of my favorite games from last year. Gimme that DLC and please announce a sequel!

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I feel like I am pretty with it with gaming news and overall games in general but I dont think I have ever heard of it this game. Doesnt look bad and from what I am seeing on impressions might be something to check out.

Piggsy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I haven't played it yet so someone please correct me, but I'm under the impression they had juuust enough momentum and support to release a handful of really strong patches early on that dramatically improved the experience, and the reception went from "eh" to "oh wow this is actually pretty good".

Not much really, the patches only corrected the AI and difficulty, which was far too easy. I own it on PC and Xbox, and I have my serious doubts about the console versions getting the update at all. The infiltrator mode is already available only for the PC version.

The divided reception had to do with the game being great as fan service, but as a game is a b-tier shooter from the 360 era.

Sarobi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bought this but never played it lol. Pretty strange how its getting support after launch like this, but I'll take free upgrades. Now I just need to actually play it

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Evergame has this for £19.99 on amazon.co.uk and ebay.co.uk, that's a fair enough price for a game I planned on buying when it hit £15 or so now there's a ps5 remix on the way. I'll take it for that and stick it on the pile.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
I enjoyed this and platinumed it on PS4 (It's an easy platinum). I think your enjoyment of the game will completely depend on how much affection you have for the Terminator franchise. It's not a great game by any stretch but it handles the license well.

I'm not sure I'd play it through again though.

Sounds like the Xbox version might be Smart delivery.

Edit: Maybe not, That's just the balance patch. It mentions the upgrade, not sure. It specifically says the DLC is Steam and PS so probably not.

Last edited: