• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which is superior?

• Robocop

Votes: 86 43.4%
  • Terminator

Votes: 112 56.6%

• Total voters

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not right or wrong answers, obviously, but provide your reasoning.

I have to say Robocop all day and night. I think as time has gone by, it's become more apparent that Robocop really had a lot to say. Watching it's transformation from ultra violent schlop to intelligent satire in the zeitgeist has been pretty awesome. I pick robocop, because it works both as a gorey action movie, and as a biting social commentary. You can take it for the action and plot and it's still good. The actual themes of the story -- loss of person and humanity, slave to corporation. I recently had the relevation that it's actually cyberpunk as fuck.

Yeah, Robocop is the shit. You?

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We had this thread a few months ago didn't we?

I will always pick Terminator, that's not to say Robocop is bad, it isn't, I adore them both and have watched both about an equal amount of times, but there is just something about Terminator (especially 1) which isn't there for me in Robocop.

It's probably the relentless and helpless situation Sarah is in that gets me. It's the stuff of nightmares.

I know it would never happen but a proper Robocop v Termintor film (in the vain of the very first films in the franchises) would be amazing.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
In a fight? Terminator. Far more durable and less prone to emotional/programming malfunctions.

As a discussion on social issues, easily Robocop.

As a piece of film? Terminator - its less of a B movie than Robocop.

OP
OP

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
I refuse to make this choice. I love both too much to choose between them.

The Terminator and Robocop are tied for my favorite movies.

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Terminator for me, but that's because I dig time-travel stories over cyberpunk.

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
Robocop & Terminator are very different movies. Terminator is Horror Sci-Fi and unlike many, I fully believe the first one is a B Movie. Robocop is Action Satire. So much about it is just satire of violence in media and america in general.

Terminator to me is far more bad ass. The ending of Terminator is on a lot of peoples best moments of all time in Cinema. Robocop is more about the same, but it doesn't really have moments as good as the ending to Terminator. The spike is a pretty awesome kill though.

I would probably put them about the same. I can't choose between the two films. If we expanded this to franchise, without a doubt Terminator wins. The other 2 Robocop movies fucking suck, with one part towards the end of the third almost redeeming it.

Terminator 2 is GOAT. This movie is awesome in just about every way and maybe one of the best sequels ever. Every other Terminator film sucks though. 2v1, the Terminator Franchise wins.

OP needs to grow some balls though. I want a real toughy. Alien vs Terminator vs Robocop vs Predator. That's some real pondering shit right there.

ponder.jpg

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Robocop, for the dark comedy satire. Termintor is great, but as you said, Robocop has more to say.

Strictly just comparing the first entries of each at least.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Both films have excellent sci-fi, action, and build their universes well and consistently.

They also have well written human aspects that flesh out their worlds and elevate the stories beyond the action sequences and premise.

I'd give it to Terminator only because, as a package, T2 retroactively makes the Terminator package more compelling and satisfying as an overall story.

As films standing by themselves there's very little in it. Different vibes (one more satire and commentary, another a genre piece with hugely stylish atmosphere), I don't see them in contest.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Terminator easily for me. It's just a better, cooler and more timeless movie with better cinematography and action IMO. Not to speak of Terminator 2: Judgment Day which is even better.

Robocop is still a great movie though.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Terminator 2 is the greatest action film ever. Robocop is up there. Both hold so much for me.

Terminator would kick Robocops ass. Be it the T-800 onwards. ;)

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
I've only ever seen Robocop once and Terminator probably 8 times, soooo...

Robocop is a great movie though. Are the sequels any good?

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Paul Verhoeven > DavidJames Cameron, obviously.

Terminator is the better action movie, Robocop is the better scifi.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1777

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As soon as I read the thread title this popped into my head straight away

As for the films I adore both, and consider them essentially perfect films, but Robocop is one of my favourite films of all time so that.

"Murphy! It's you!"

Oct 27, 2017
Instead of remaking Robocop they should have just updated the stop motion animation and re released it. (Though i'm a sucker for stop motion, even as bad as it aged in Robocop).

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
m7UEId1.gif

Robocop for me, both are excellent movies but Robocop is just so damn fun to watch. It's easily one of my all time favorite movies, probably watched it well over 50 times.

It's a shame that the newer one just disregarded so much of what made Robocop....Robocop, the satire slant, Robocop's "robotic" movements and sounds, they just made him into a generic super-fast super-soldier, he didn't move or feel like a robot at all in the new movie, and the story was entirely forgettable.

blackhawk163

Oct 28, 2017
RoboCop. While Terminator is cool and all, but time travel just fucks things up.

But if we're being really honest, and trying to figure out who is the best character, well, that goes to Robertcop hands down.

Oct 27, 2017
It's a tough one, but I'd probably go with Robocop. I love the extreme violence, especially in the DC, plus the satire elements. When Verhoeven is good, he's really fucking good.

I've only ever seen Robocop once and Terminator probably 8 times, soooo...

Robocop is a great movie though. Are the sequels any good?

Robocop 2 is alright. Nowhere near on the level original. It's similar to Die Hard 2 in that it's a bigger and a lot dumber than the original, but still somewhat entertaining. 3 is PG-13 trash. The reboot is also pretty bad, not as bad as 3, but not worth your time.

TwoCoins

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Houston Tx
Robocop & Terminator are very different movies. Terminator is Horror Sci-Fi and unlike many, I fully believe the first one is a B Movie. Robocop is Action Satire. So much about it is just satire of violence in media and america in general.

Terminator to me is far more bad ass. The ending of Terminator is on a lot of peoples best moments of all time in Cinema. Robocop is more about the same, but it doesn't really have moments as good as the ending to Terminator. The spike is a pretty awesome kill though.

I would probably put them about the same. I can't choose between the two films. If we expanded this to franchise, without a doubt Terminator wins. The other 2 Robocop movies fucking suck, with one part towards the end of the third almost redeeming it.

Terminator 2 is GOAT. This movie is awesome in just about every way and maybe one of the best sequels ever. Every other Terminator film sucks though. 2v1, the Terminator Franchise wins.

OP needs to grow some balls though. I want a real toughy. Alien vs Terminator vs Robocop vs Predator vs Ash. That's some real pondering shit right there.

ponder.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Robocop is smarter and more fun to watch than any Terminator movie, and has not aged as poorly as some elements of Terminator 1 and 2 (I still love Terminator 1 though and like 2)

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Robocop is looking more and more accurate every day as a future prediction so I think it wins for that fact alone.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Robocop has better acting, a better script, a better premise, and cooler effects. The only thing Terminator has going for it is the music.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
It is not even a contest imo. Terminator is a much much better movie. Better acting, better direction, better Action etc.. It is lean machine. One of the greatest thrillers / sci fi horror movies of all time.

Robocop is just a fun movie but that's about it.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is not even a contest imo. Terminator is a much much better movie. Better acting, better direction, better Action etc.. It is lean machine. One of the greatest thrillers / sci fi horror movies of all time.

Robocop is just a fun movie but that's about it.
In what world is Terminator better acted?

I think you've made a mistake.