• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That's kind of hilarious given the fact that Cameron himself shit on Alien 3 for killing Newt and Hicks.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why the hell would you have a spoiler for a movie that just came out right in the title of your post?

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
PSA: If James Cameron isn't personally directing a film, then it will not be better because of any producing or writing credits.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
To all the spoilerphobes

The thread title is a copy/paste of the article title, so don't get angry at just the OP

On topic - That twist is dumb and it sure sounds like Dark Fate just renders everything in the franchise pointless.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't seen Dark Fate yet, but I know what this spoiler is. Knowing this, I wonder if...

John Connor being evil in Genysis is also something Cameron pushed for. Maybe he's tired of John Connor.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
IDK if true or not.

If the movie bombs, didn't the Terminator movie rights go back to Cameron?

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
What was the original title? Now it just says "that John Connor twist" which can mean anything

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
It's an utterly stupid twist/idea that took me straight out of the movie. Awful way to start a movie that is supposed to be for the core fans.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
This was the first Terminator movie I have seen since 2 and I was in no way shocked by this. I just "Furlong is probably a mess and this is how they don't have to deal with him any more".

It was an okay popcorn-flick, nothing special. The most positive thing I took away from it was Linda Hamiltion ageing gracefully and not being a botox/surgery victim.

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh for fuck's sake. You ruined the movie for me OP. Thanks a lot.
Didn't know that John would show up as a nanocyte infiltrator T-3000 or that Matt Smith would be a T-5000.
Thanks a lot OP.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
It's too bad they went this route, I think it'd be an interesting swerve to see John Connor...
... trying to deal with the fact that he is no longer going to be the savoir, that the new Skynet or whatever doesn't even know who he is anymore because of his actions in T2.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
It's funny to me that there's more posts whining about "spoilers" than actual discussion about what happens.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
What was the original title? Now it just says "that John Connor twist" which can mean anything
If you've seen the movie then you know exactly what it's referring to. There's only one John twist.
To be honest I feel like anyone with a functioning brain who saw the trailers for this movie could figure out what the twist is.

I wonder how Era would have reacted to Terminator 2 spoiling its big plot twist in the trailers.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was the first Terminator movie I have seen since 2 and I was in no way shocked by this. I just "Furlong is probably a mess and this is how they don't have to deal with him any more".

They never had to because this is adult john connor.

latest

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
That was a good idea actually, the rest of the film was lacking any ideas, they just went "new enemy, new chosen one, new protector, new assassin". clap clap The whole movie is like a poor remake of the old two movies.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
I dunno. I thought it was a pretty good hook. Shame they didn't do anything very interesting with the rest of the film.

Oct 25, 2017
Now I'm curious what the original title was. If this is the original title, I don't see how the word twist is a spoiler in any way shape or form.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Dark Fate was a bad movie

There are still only 2 terminator films. This film has delayed the potential of a good followup, but it is still possible