• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Where does this teaser trailer leave your hype level?

• 5 - I'm all in!

Votes: 143 10.3%
  • 4 - Feeling optimistic now.

Votes: 252 18.1%
  • 3 - Still a bit uncertain.

Votes: 334 24.0%
  • 2 - Not very convincing.

Votes: 443 31.8%
  • 1 - Later, dickwad.

Votes: 221 15.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Realyst

Oct 27, 2017
Eh...I'll check it out. T2 is still my favorite movie of all time. My expectations are so low for this (even with Cameron producing...whatever that means) that I'm bound to get at least a little enjoyment out of it.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Is John dead? I watched the trailer without sound at work, sorry if it's answered in it.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
That didn't spark my interest.

I don't think a sequel to T2 makes a lot of narrative sense but this doesn't even look cool visually or anything like that. Oh well.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
If you told me this was a shot from a new Expendables movie I would have belived you.

But a bearded Arnold does look awesome.

D7QQXxcXsAADyfq

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Eeeehhhhhh. I dunno. Trailer not giving me much, so I will probably have to see it and judge.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know there was a thread for this. But as I posted in the other one, I thought it looked pretty good considering I have zero expectations for any Terminator movie. The action seems to be better at the very least.

Oct 27, 2017
this just seems to not understand what is appealing about these kind of reboots. if you're going to do it you need to actually follow through. the reason nobody liked the shitty sequels wasn't because just because it didn't have our favorite characters - they also fell down the generic CGI action rabbit hole where every set pieces needed to be BIGGER AND BIGGER AND MORE OVER THE TOP. and that's not to say you can't deliver a fun and interesting CGI action set piece, but those films just weren't doing it.

Bring the scope and scale down, give us simple and practical action set pieces without full CGI bodies throwing themselves everywhere.

funnily enough, the only sequel that kinda nailed the down to earth nature is Salvation, but that was just bad in all the other departments.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
what's the timeline again? they really need to simply hard reboot everything. go back to original terminator model trying to kill Sarah Connor with different actor entirely

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll watch it (probably not in theaters), but man I love T1 and 2 but at this point I really think they should just stop making these movies. It's been pulled in too many different directions, and it's hard for the series itself to have that much pull because of it.

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not gonna lie, I was more hyped for Genisys when that trailer dropped....not so much this one...maybe it will surprise me.

I'm going in with an open mind. I'm always down for more Arnold, and seeing Linda back is great.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
For a moment I thought "can he only direct movies on a highway" then it kicked.
I am a huge Halt and Catch Fire fan so I am biased and i may be the only one who think this looks good, but I think it looks good

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Mehhhhhhh.

CGI looks really rough (inb4 "it'll look better in the final movie") and that plane scene is just the last thing I want out of a Terminator film. Also not feeling the new Terminator design.

At least Linda Hamilton looks great.

Delriach

Combat Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The trailer seemed fine to me. Watched it before seeing the complaints on the forum and life is much happier.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's made me curious about it at least rather than completely dismissive, so that's something.

sophora

Oct 29, 2017
Running from the goo-bot again huh? Gonna need more robots for me to watch in theaters ;p

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Whoever was responsible for Mackenzie Davis' haircut deserves to get their pay cut as well

Last edited:

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like nothing will top t1 and t2. The t2 baddie liquid metal looks more menacing then this one .
Yeah this is the most baffling part about that trailer. The regenaration effect of the new terminator looks like shit. They did it better in the 90s. It's like the shitty CGI-Alien from Covenant all over again, lol.