• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Wow this could be cool. I'm not into anime but I think terminator could be a cool IP to do in animation.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Stop this anime nonense Netflix, we know you can make decent regular animated shows but it's anime it's always CG.

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
When's the last time this franchise has produced something great?

I figured after Dark Fate they'd realize that cow has been thoroughly milked but hey, here's looking forward to some more jank ass Netflix CG anime.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I will take it

After what they did with the last movie , they need to spark interest for another terminator film 😂

Jul 19, 2020
After the last movie, who cares if Cameron is connected?
Dark Fate is the first half-decent Terminator film since 2, so far the franchise is 3/3 on its worthwhile entries having him involved.

That said Mattson Tomlin is a total unknown to me so maybe he'll break the trend? Little Fish has some pretty great reviews and while Project Power is much more middling it still sounds like at least a fun flick if nothing else after a cursory look.

Oct 25, 2017
wow i didnt expect this
but netflix's track record with this kinda content isnt so hot
im still watching for sure though, fingers will be crossed

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
James Cameron didn't write or direct Dark Fate, you clods.

He sat in for a few story meetings, let them market his name and collected a cheque. Which is what he had done with the Terminator franchise since T2(3D)

You guys had Tim Miller directing a David Goyer script and want to blame Cameron for it being another pile?

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
D4WoO37U4AEwyS0

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
fc9

It's got a high bar to meet...give us more memes

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
GITS SAC2045 was so bad though and i really can't stand cg anime. it's ruining the whole medium for me.
I agree while some good 3D anime exist. Many are horrible looking and there usually is no middle its always look awful or you dont notice the 3D. I think studios think it will save money and time but then they actually get into production and it starts getting expensive to spend alot of time on models to make them look good so they start rushing.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
James Cameron didn't write or direct Dark Fate, you clods.

He sat in for a few story meetings, let them market his name and collected a cheque. Which is what he had done with the Terminator franchise since T2(3D)

You guys had Tim Miller directing a David Goyer script and want to blame Cameron for it being another pile?
Cameron was more involved than that, he received a story credit FFS.