• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
She sounds like a rambling idiot. None of that Tweet makes sense. It's basically like when creationists say "BUT IF WE COME FROM MONKEYS THEN WHY ARE STILL MONKEYS?".

I'm guessing she is a pick and choose, cherry picking Christian. Usually you don't see these type of people draw the line after homosexuals but before trans people. It's usually both accepted or both not accepted. That's what makes her particularly weird.

Nah, it has nothing to do with religion. Being a TERF is sadly seen as an acceptable political stance among UK liberals.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I read her posts and I don't even understand what she is trying to say. Seems like going against a group of people just because of word-play, who says sex doesn't exist? Everyone just says you can be born in a gender that does not match your body, or in a gender that isn't just one or the other. I don't get it.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe those dumb ass tweets.

Some cis women can't menstruate and some transmen do so what the fuck is her point ?

Harry is also an unashamed slaveowner by the end of the last book.

He even wonders about making Kreacher make him a sandwich in the last pages of the book.

Missed opportunity to ask his woomud to make the sandwich !!

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
What drives me nuts about TERFs and especially Rowling is they try and make it seem like they are bigoted by making it about protecting (fill in the blank) from oppression.

They way she creates this false narrative that transpeople and their supporters don't believe sex is real (which is complete bullshit BTW man does that also pisses me off) they are attacking queer and women identity.

And then when people call her out on her bullshit, she just claims her attackers are attacking her because she's a woman. =-=

I read her posts and I don't even understand what she is trying to say. Seems like going against a group of people just because of word-play, who says sex doesn't exist? Everyone just says you can be born in a gender that does not match your body, or in a gender that isn't just one or the other. I don't get it.

The issue here is that sex and gender identity are two different things as one's gender identity does not have to match their biological sex, but TERFs like her don't believe that and believe that woman are only woman if they are biologically female.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh my god I went to sleep not long after my post on the first page. She didn't stop at all unfortunately. For those who actually use Twitter unlike myself are these posts blatant enough to get banned for or nah? Because they should be obviously.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Harry Potter aint the wave no more unless Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint, in character, make a video telling JK to shut up
It doesn't matter if the entire cast and crew from the movies come out against her, as long as she still owns the property, she's collecting the money from anything made off of it.

Not to mention all the problematic aspects of the story the others in this very thread have been talking about.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Honestly I'm surprised she wasn't canceled when she came out in support of that one TERF, but I guess that wasn't enough. :/

Will it ever be enough to take down JK Rowling? Can somebody as big as the creator of Harry Potter be cancelled?

I hope so because regardless of who she is, how much money she has and what she created, she shouldn't be able to get away with being a bigot.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Oh my god I went to sleep not long after my post on the first page. She didn't stop at all unfortunately. For those who actually use Twitter unlike myself are these posts blatant enough to get banned for or nah? Because they should be obviously.
Bigots don't get banned from social media they get signal boosted

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Will it ever be enough to take down JK Rowling? Can somebody as big as the creator of Harry Potter be cancelled?

I hope so because regardless of who she is, how much money she has and what she created, she shouldn't be able to get away with being a bigot.
100% agree.

It was only recently that I was even able to convince a friend of mine to not see any more Fantastic Beasts movies and she is an extremely avid transupporter.

I'm hoping that this most recent incident can finally be enough for her fans to see the light but we'll see :/ I've seen quite a few supporters of her beliefs on Twitter just as much as I've seen people jabbing at her.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What about that scene in the fifth film when everyone dressed up as Harry, even Lupin's girlfriend

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Report her tweets as hate towards a protected characteristic, group of people. There's plenty of tweets to pick from. That's what I did.

oledome

Oct 25, 2017
it boggles my mind how obsessed people are with their hatred, she clearly spends a lot of time stewing over this, what a waste of space

16bits

Apr 26, 2019
Brexit is done (in the sense that it is inevitably going to happen now).

Bored, privileged, cis het, white people need a new existential threat to imagine and people to stomp on to distract them from the empty void of their own existences.

JKRowling was and remains a remainer and anti-brexit.

not everyone who is left wing in their politics, is automatically say more progressive and enlightened in their other thoughts. Same in reverse.

Anyway, back on topic, what an awful hate filled person she is.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Imagine doing this during Pride and widespread protests against police brutality with the world shouting Black Lives Matter.

She continues to be an utterly vile woman.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
JKR really wrote a series including a species (metamorphagi) who can change any aspect of their body at will but hates trans people... the brain worms...

Anyway a not entirely comprehensive list of the absolute rancid garbage in the Harry Potter series that means "haha it came from Hatsune Miku/space" doesn't work because her shitty viewpoints permeate the writing (note: I'm not saying you can't enjoy HP! But you have to think critically about it ESPECIALLY knowing that JKR is TERF garbage):
  • Hook-nosed greedy goblin bankers
  • The one Irish character is named Seamus Finnegan and is constantly blowing shit up
  • The one important east Asian character is called Cho Chang which is really the most "generic Asian name because they're all the same right?" ever
  • Cho is treated like a crazy hysterical lunatic for the horrible crime of...being a 16 year old girl who is grieving for her murdered boyfriend
  • House-elves are a species that exist to be enslaved and they LOVE being enslaved. Being freed from enslavement makes them extremely depressed (see Winky in GoF)
  • Hermione's campaign to end aforementioned slavery is treated as a joke with Harry and Ron, our other two "heroes", doing nothing but rolling their eyes at her and talking about how annoying she is
  • Werewolves = HIV. Fenrir Greyback is a werewolf who loves infecting as many children as he can
  • Dumbledore and Grindelwald (aka proto-Wizard Hitler) were boyfriends??? Don't expect to see this in the actual books though, because JKR wants Woke Points without risk of backlash
  • The treatment of Slytherin house in general. "Don't judge people by the groups they belong to! Unless they're Slytherins in which case they're guaranteed to be evil" aka demonisation of literal children
  • Similarly Slytherin as indoctrination to the Death Eaters is never addressed and is just allowed to foster even by supposed "heroic" characters
  • Voldmort is evil because he was born of rape. Okay.
  • Snape, the man who terrorised children, including the son of his supposed "true love" (because HUEGHHGHEG he looks like his dad who was MEAN TO MEEEEE anyway I'm a wizard Nazi who insulted her with racial slurs but let's not talk about that) gets a redemption arc. "Albus Severus Potter, you were named for two of the bravest men I ever knew" BARF!!! What the fuck!!!
  • Umbridge, while thoroughly evil, is implied to be raped as "punishment" for her crimes. Feminism!
  • Harry dreams of nothing more than becoming a Wizard Cop and his becoming one is treated like a happy ending despite it being a) bootlicking nonsense and b) a complete contradiction to the themes set up in the series
  • In general Harry remains a passive observer and is totally cool with the status quo of isolationism, racism, blood purity and LITERAL CHATTEL SLAVERY and never does anything to change it
I probably missed stuff, feel free to add more. But yeah these books aren't like Minecraft which is devoid of its creator's shitty views. HP is STEEPED in JKR's bullshit.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
The treatment of Slytherin house in general. "Don't judge people by the groups they belong to! Unless they're Slytherins in which case they're guaranteed to be evil" aka demonisation of literal children
Ok you lose me here.... Slytherins aren't real. She basically said here's a Nazi house. You should hate them. They literally live up to their rep. Because she's a hack writer, but to then turn Slytherins into an oppressed group please.

The flaw is that SLytherin is allowed to exist not that they're misrepresented

Llyrwenne

Hopes and Dreams SAVE the World
Oct 26, 2017
Report her tweets as hate towards a protected characteristic, group of people. There's plenty of tweets to pick from. That's what I did.
Twitter doesn't care. Graham Linehan's entire Twitter output has been like this (and worse) for well over a year now and he still has his account. They allow anti-trans groups like LGB Alliance and TransgenderTrend a platform to spread hate and misinformation about trans people. If Twitter judged that their rules did not apply to those people and groups, then they'll judge they don't apply to J.K. Rowling either.

JS3DX

Feb 15, 2018
Just...why?

Shouldn't WB assign her a community manager for her social networks or something? Some kind of PR spokesperson who shuts down anything non-related to promoting Harry Potter? Lately, her track record on almost every topic on earth (including her own works!), has been awful.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Just...why?

Shouldn't WB assign her a community manager for her social networks or something? Some kind of PR spokesperson who shuts down anything non-related to promoting Harry Potter? Lately, her track record on almost every topic on earth (including her own works!), has been awful.
It's her personal twitter? While yeah contracts may be in place to keep her from stepping out of line, what she's talking about isn't related to that so they wouldn't have any say.

paracelsis

Banned
Jan 18, 2020
Glasgow, Scotland
User Banned (Permanent): Transphobia
The SNP has a vocal transphobic wing
Eh, sorry, it has members who don't believe that a man can be a woman and a woman can be a man, the same as any political party. I'm one of them and I fucking despair at this nonsense and find it frankly unbelievable that nominally rational people are telling me that basic human biology is in fact not true. Trans people should be afforded the same respect and rights as any other minority but NOT at the expense of hard won rights of women. Madness.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
I just don't get how people can understand that biologically, sex is a spectrum...well even that is an interpretation but much better than the binary or strict categorical view that people like JK seem to hold onto.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, sorry, it has members who don't believe that a man can be a woman and a woman can be a man, the same as any political party. I'm one of them and I fucking despair at this nonsense and find it frankly unbelievable that nominally rational people are telling me that basic human biology is in fact not true. Trans people should be afforded the same respect and rights as any other minority but NOT at the expense of hard won rights of women. Madness.

You're not sorry lol

OP
OP
It’s Time To Go
Dec 2, 2017
The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Jk is that you?

Oct 28, 2019
Just...why?

it's mental cause between her frothing at the mouth terf outbursts she's commenting on drawings of 6 year olds and shit lol, what a surreal account

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
We're not all transphobic in Scotland btw.

I can't believe she used the "I'm not racist I have black friends" defence. You would think there would be some sort of mechanism in her brain that would sound an alert.

16bits

Apr 26, 2019
it's mental cause between her frothing at the mouth terf outbursts she's commenting on drawings of 6 year olds and shit lol, what a surreal account

this is why they (Rowling) are actually quite a dangerous individual.

rowling has the reach and power to influence a lot of children who, invariably, are accepting of other children and people until adults tell them it's wrong to be.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Twitter doesn't care. Graham Linehan's entire Twitter output has been like this (and worse) for well over a year now and he still has his account. They allow anti-trans groups like LGB Alliance and TransgenderTrend a platform to spread hate and misinformation about trans people. If Twitter judged that their rules did not apply to those people and groups, then they'll judge they don't apply to J.K. Rowling either.
Yeah it's shameful they haven't been kicked off. Wish Twitter woke up to transphobia as quick as they do to racist, which isn't that quick but still. I'll keep up the reporting, though.

16bits

Apr 26, 2019
Yeah it's shameful they haven't been kicked off. Wish Twitter woke up to transphobia as quick as they do to racist, which isn't that quick but still. I'll keep up the reporting, though.

they are happy to kick nobodies off their platform, but people with clout and reach and followers never are.

see trump and racism , that's perfectly fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.