• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But together a spike deck to see what its like. Its fun but it definitely feels over-powered. The easiest fix would be to have sacrificed health fill a gauge thats spent to activate the power. Increasing the cost of it would also work.
A big issue with it is that it might work in a game where resources scale upward as the game progresses and thus minions get bigger, but in this game there's no resource expansion like that-minions are about the same sizes all game long.

daydream

Oct 25, 2017
Been toying around with a Ryu-style deck with Blazing Wall Rathalos, and I think I might be annoying people. Faced a Chun-Li who saved her MP to play the 8MP Chun-Li first thing, then when she played Block to give it a shield, I responded with Storm Tornado and she left the match.

I know red decks aren't popular, but Action cards that damage enemy units directly are pretty effective at dealing with decks that try to use their own Actions to buff their units, since you can take them out before they get rolling.
as a dante main, ryu basically soft-counters dante for the reason you mentioned

i'd even go so far as to say green counters red, red counters purple, purple counters green (and by counters i mean 'is favoured against'). not sure, yet, where black fits in

EscapingJail

Oct 26, 2017
Black has the most value statwise cards in the game, the best cost effective removals, and the best hero powers.

There really isn't a point to play anything else. I hope they balance things sooner than later. I'm ranked A5 right now and it's 90% of decks I'm playing against are some variant of black.

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
I'm loving all the focus on X in this game, including his totally different, almost doll-like art style combined with elements of X's appearance in the Mega Man Zero series (mainly the halo and his eyes).

I wouldn't ever want to see this style employed in a (perhaps not, at this point) theoretical X9 or other mainline X game, and several elements of his characterization in this game are inaccurate in terms of the traits that make X who he is and I don't like that, but I'm otherwise digging the game's non-canon, experimental approach to X. I'm also just happy to see him (and not Zero) in the main roster at all, though I'm sure Zero's on his way to being playable too before long.

There's been a real groundswell around X recently, and this just adds to that, making me hopeful that Capcom finally has something properly exciting in the works for MMX fans... but that's a topic for another thread.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gold Rathalos Card from Anime Expo.

hMpLLrv.jpg
Sweet thx for the free card

BrunOz

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I hate when the game decides to stutter when you're just about to get hit, lost a couple of matches because of that.

/salty

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda sucks that red doesn't have a Dee equivalent. It'd probably be kinda absurd on green with Soul Offering and Charge Shot, but it'd give red something against removals.

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up with

Secrets:
  • Xeno'Jiva
  • Sakura

Legendaries:
  • Blood Destiny
  • Dragonlord's Judgment
  • Spreading Infection
  • Dual Dragon Hado
  • Fate-Defying Ryu
  • Soul Offering
  • Heir to Ambition Wesker
Haven't taken a look at em yet so dunno if theyre good.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to check this out over the weekend after seeing Maximilian play it and holy hell is the artwork in this game gorgeous. I'm blown away by how even the two star cards have god tier art.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looking into 2 color decks but on the surface it's just "Are you willing to take a 5MP penalty to add these 3-4 cards of another color to your deck?"

Only having 5MP instead of 10 is such a steep tradeoff. Even if it was just 6MP it'd be a lot more appealing.

Edit: And of course Green/Black is the combination most folks use lol

Last edited:

WarioLuigi22

alt account
Banned
May 11, 2019
Did my first reroll and it seems pretty good. Got 16 epics and 5 legendaries from the 34 packs

Dreadking Rathalos
Fate-Defying Ryu
Heavenly Kicks Chun-Li
Brainwashed (steal enemy unit spell)
And the 17/17 Wesker!

The first two are getting reaped since you get them free, so that's 1600 I can use to pick any leg (after bought season pass). I was going to craft Wesker if I didn't get him and the brainwashed spell seems great. I'm keeping it, got lucky with the first try.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
wait what is this 17/17 wesker goddamn do i have to be even more afraid of black decks
Heir to Ambition Wesker, legendary, costs 6 MP to play. Loses Attack and HP equal to the remaining Life when played of whoever played it, so it instadies if you try to play it at the start.

If you go to View/Craft Card under Cards on the main menu, you can toggle Owned to All at the top to view cards you don't own. They'll be shown with a purple overlay and you can't view their full art, but you can see what they do.

NoirSuede

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ended up with

Secrets:
  • Xeno'Jiva
  • Sakura

Legendaries:
  • Blood Destiny
  • Dragonlord's Judgment
  • Spreading Infection
  • Dual Dragon Hado
  • Fate-Defying Ryu
  • Soul Offering
First of all, Secret cards are no different than the regular version, theyre just alternate skins.

For Legendaries:
Blood Destiny: Very useless right now but has some potential if we get discard effects, but right now just reap it.
Dragonlord's Judgement: One of the best legendaries, you can never go wrong with a 1-sided board wipe.
Spreading Infection: THE best black legendary, just 5 mp to get three 3 mp units is value right there.
Dual Dragon Hado: Pretty solid, it'll do at least 4 damage.
Fate-Defying Ryu: Literal free 800 souls, the game literally hands you a copy for free once reach E rank in ranked.
Soul Offering: A solid finisher I guess, a bit on the lower end tho so it can be the 1st to be reaped if you're hurting for Souls
Heir to Ambition Wesker: 6 mana Death's Shadow lol

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I am not sure why you would reap any Legendaries at the moment.

You can't get duplicate Legendaries until you have completed the set. And there aren't that many cards in the set to begin with. If you just do all the single player challenges and play Ranked with various different classes (each class has their own tiered achievements) you will end up with lots of zennies and tickets to get many packs. I played for 2 days and had at least one copy of every common/rare/epic and 8 Legendaries.

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I pulled a Fate Defying Ryu before the freebie, so I reaped one. I'm keeping at least one of everything, but good to know you won't get dupes of Legendaries until the set is done. That's really cool actually.

BrunOz

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I've reached ranking A5 with my Wesker Revenge deck, and holy shit my matchmaking suddenly turned into a Nergigante party, time to grind that single player content lol.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
and several elements of his characterization in this game are inaccurate in terms of the traits that make X who he is and I don't like that, but I'm otherwise digging the game's non-canon, experimental approach to X.
Im curious why you think this. It seems more in line with a MMZero version of X where he never lost his body to me.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
So I bought the season pass, but I only see two missions when I used to see several scrolls worth at first.

Is that normal?

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ended up with

Secrets:
  • Xeno'Jiva
  • Sakura

Legendaries:
  • Blood Destiny
  • Dragonlord's Judgment
  • Spreading Infection
  • Dual Dragon Hado
  • Fate-Defying Ryu
  • Soul Offering

Congrats, considering the legendary rates thats quite the haul

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Game's visuals are an odd mix of nice artwork and character models with ugly mobile UI. There's some compelling aspects to the gameplay but the presentation is offputting.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
At the rank I'm at now, I am dominating with shield Chun li. Man I just made a tight comeback from 9 health. Dude and his Ryu just gave up and stopped playing when he saw all the shields I kept casting. Damn that was satisfying. I hope the meta doesn't stagnate when I reach higher ra-

Non-stop Nerg mirror matches is getting boring.

.....welp I guess that's the meta huh?... :/

Oct 25, 2017
At the rank I'm at now, I am dominating with shield Chun li. Man I just made a tight comeback from 9 health. Dude and his Ryu just gave up and stopped playing when he saw all the shields I kept casting. Damn that was satisfying. I hope the meta doesn't stagnate when I reach higher ra-

.....welp I guess that's the meta huh?... :/
I'm sure there will be some balance updates. Dunno what GungHo's track record is though, if theyre good at balancing competitive games.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Non-stop Nerg mirror matches is getting boring.

I'm in A Rank and only really see three decks: Nerg, Wesker and Morrigan. I use a Nerg deck myself and the only matchup I'm concerned about is Morrigan's halt deck. Wonder what the decks are like in Champion tier, maybe the same ones?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
wait what is this 17/17 wesker goddamn do i have to be even more afraid of black decks

Nah it's really not that good. You have to have about 10 life or less for it to be worth anything (at 10 life it's a 7/7), and by that time a 6-cost card that can't instantly win you the game isn't gonna save you.

I'm in A Rank and only really see three decks: Nerg, Wesker and Morrigan. I use a Nerg deck myself and the only matchup I'm concerned about is Morrigan's halt deck. Wonder what the decks are like in Champion tier, maybe the same ones?

From the stream I saw last night (posted here) a LOT of Nerg Black/Green decks. A ton of black cards to boost spike, and then green to recover/survive.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So apparently the Jewel prices were all about a 1.2x overcharge of what was intended. The 1500 gem bundle was supposed to be 4.99, not 5.99. So if you bought one of the affected packs, you got that extra 20% worth of Jewels added on as well as a blanket +500 Jewel addition. If only the Season Pass weren't the only thing worth buying right now lol

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So apparently the Jewel prices were all about a 1.2x overcharge of what was intended. The 1500 gem bundle was supposed to be 4.99, not 5.99. So if you bought one of the affected packs, you got that extra 20% worth of Jewels added on as well as a blanket +500 Jewel addition. If only the Season Pass weren't the only thing worth buying right now lol
or they were the correct price but no one bought them and they needed to drop the prices to make them more appealing while appeasing previous buyers

Deleted member 34873

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Do MP boost cards stack? Because I only have one Iris with MP 50 but two of them if they stack + Yawn Chun Li = I'm gonna load a couple more high MP cards
and screw myself with high cost hands and no cards at play about 80% of the time
!

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
This game is right up my alley. Been having decent success with a charge shot X Deck, in D3. Experimenting with a green/red X deck and it's fun, but tricky. I think it has potential though