• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
www.google.com

Tens of thousands flock to Orange County beaches as heat wave lingers over SoCal

Tens of thousands flocked to Orange County beaches that are still open during the coronavirus pandemic as the hot weather settled over the region.

#californiamorons?

Edit: California numbers were looking very good and slowing down but in a couple of weeks we're gonna get a big spike.
My aunt was just telling me this morning. Beach residents are probably pissed. I wanted to drive down there just to see lol.
Knew it was the OC before even clicking the thread. Dumbfucks.
It's not us per se. it's people coming to us because officials didn't close the beaches.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Close the public beaches? I know it would be difficult to enforce but still...

OP
OP

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
My aunt was just telling me this morning. Beach residents are probably pissed. I wanted to drive down there just to see lol.

It's not us per se. it's people coming to us because officials didn't close the beaches.
It's the fault of Orange County because of the decision of officials to not close them.

Schwarzbier

Nov 14, 2017
New Jersey
This is going to happen here in Jersey too soon. I had to go out today and there were quite a few more cars on the road as usual, a lot of people out walking, biking etc.

Didn't see too many masks either.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
At first I was thinking "what's the big deal as long as families and people are staying away from each other", but saw the video and fuuuuck that. God people are idiots, the beaches apparently need to be closed.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn it Orange County, Disneyland is gonna stay closed and it's all your fault

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Well this ain't going to be pretty, not help by the parking situation at that too.

Thought about this regarding Ventura county, as they kind of open up beaches recently, but I think they backtracked on that a little.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why the article needs to list off the beaches still open. Maybe don't make it easy for people to go, yeah?

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call L.A.
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away
Any fucking time, any fucking day
Learn to swim, see you down in Arizona Bay

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
There is a walking trail right behind my house. When my sliding glass door is open you can see and hear the people. This past week the trail has had probably 10x the amount of hikers than normal-I can see them when I'm cooking or cleaning in the kitchen. And none of them have face masks on.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamnit. Guessing we could get a big surge of cases in a few weeks.

People have been doing a seemingly good job up here in the Bay Area, but I worry about the beaches here also now that the weather is turning (and I'm only like 35 minutes away from the ocean).

OP
OP

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
If you think people are going to stay inside all summer, you are deluding yourself.

Closing the beaches would have prevented this situation. And if the death toll gets high enough fast enough I think people will decide to stay in. I guess this and states opening up will contribute to that. I'm guessing that early estimate of 250 thousand dead Americans this year is gonna become a reality.

nhlducks35

Oct 28, 2017
Just drove by (on PCH) and yeah, the beaches were absolutely packed and more and more people were coming in

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Governor Newsom better be fucking pissed and close off all the beaches.

Make it so it's a fineable offence or something cause this is just moronic.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We actually had a peak number of cases yesterday nationally and cases are ticking up pretty fast today even though the weekends usually slow down. If I had to guess, the various bits of stupid we've been seeing between Easter, the protests, and otherwise has already been showing up in new case counts.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Well they can look forward to things closing for a good while again because people dont fucking listen.

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
Time to close off Interstate 5/Highway 101 to cut off SoCal folks from getting into the Bay Area.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Thank god LA county didnt play this bullshit. There is far too much money in OC ( and if it's the poorer parts it's A lot of Latinos) for it to be the Florida of California...wtf when did that start. It's not Red because it's full of hicks. People who live there are the WASPiest of the WASPS.

Their beaches are also far nicer county (Laguna, Newport, Dana Point, etc.) than the ones here in LA but... you won't encounter anywhere near the same mix of demographics.

There are far better candidates for the " Florida of California " title. I'd start in the Inland Empire.

Last edited:

devilhawk

Oct 27, 2017
One reason the Florida beaches weren't as bad as I feared was that it seemed the Florida cities closed the parking lots. It prevents it from a being a destination and limits it more to locals. Did that happen here?

Edit: Of course they need to prevent people from parking in the neighborhoods next to the parking lots too haha