• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
That #26 statistic they gave is crazy lol. And it's happened every 10/11 years.

Guess we'll see if Norrie continues it.

Edit: Though not looking good for him.

Edit2: The #26 legend may continue.

And there it is.

Last edited:

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Just got home from two days at Indian Wells. That Badosa match was absolutely incredible live. So much fun.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
I'm loving the Murray resurgence recently, even if he seemingly gets knocks out after a gruelling match more often than not.

Anyhoo, bad news.

I am not a happy chap about this, given how strict Australia has been with their COVID policies:

www.theguardian.com

Unvaccinated tennis players could be allowed to play in Australian Open, leaked email says

Women’s tour players told they may be able to compete after 14 days quarantine, contradicting previous advice

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'm loving the Murray resurgence recently, even if he seemingly gets knocks out after a gruelling match more often than not.

Anyhoo, bad news.

I am not a happy chap about this, given how strict Australia has been with their COVID policies:

www.theguardian.com

Unvaccinated tennis players could be allowed to play in Australian Open, leaked email says

Women’s tour players told they may be able to compete after 14 days quarantine, contradicting previous advice

l didn't expect Australia to have a vaccine mandate, but I am hoping that vaccinated players will be afforded several privileges like avoiding the 14 day quarantine. It's going to eat players like Djokovic alive knowing his competitors are on the practice court preparing while he's locked down in his hotel room

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Andy Murray said some nice things about Brooksby a couple months ago on Twitter, and now they get to play each other for the first time today in France. Should be a fun match

edit: Brooksby withdrew 😞

Last edited:

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
On the subject of Murray, once again:

www.theguardian.com

Andy Murray stuns top seed Sinner to reach Stockholm Open quarter-final

Andy Murray rose to produce perhaps his best result of the year, defeating Jannik Sinner, 7-6 (4), 6-3, in the second round of the Stockholm Open to reach his second quarter-final of 2021

I bloody love this man! I hope he progresses deeper into the Stockholm Open, as he has a knack of being knocked out not long after a prior physically long and demanding match.

Looks like Emma Raducanu's season ended with a whimper, after a defeat against Wang Xinyu. At least she has a decent coach in Torben Beltz for next year.

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Right on cue, Murray follows up his win over Sinner with a loss to Tommy Paul. Paul v Tiafoe in a rare all American semifinal in a European tournament

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
A storm is brewing…

If Federer decides to speak up about this, then it'll become even more unavoidable, even if he's not turning up:

www.tennisworldusa.org

Rafael Nadal against No-Vax: "They are selfish!"

To Marca, Rafa held a virtual interview where he spoke not only about his conditions and his return to the field but also and above all about the vaccine situation

And Nick Kyrgios is speaking up about it too, albeit backtracking on his 'cancel the Australian Open' comments.

On the subject of next season, I can see Daniil Medvedev winning a Grand Slam or two, on his preferred surface at the Australian Open and US Open.

Annddd Djokovic will win the World Tour Finals with ease, I reckon.

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
The AO needs a vaccine mandate for all players and attendees. Novaxx and Tsitsipas can cry and gripe all they want but there's still no players Union so they would be SOL and at the mercy of tennis Australia and the local governments

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Federer already is out for the first 3 slams next year. He didn't rule out the US open but don't hold your breath. His 40 year old body is telling him to hang it up.

www.aol.com

Federer set to miss Wimbledon, won't play Australian Open

Roger Federer does not expect to return from his latest knee surgery in time for Wimbledon next June, the tennis great said in an interview published Wednesday by Swiss media. "The truth is that I’d be incredibly surprised to play Wimbledon,” the 40-year-old Federer told the Tribune de Geneve...

Deadman

Oct 29, 2017
Federer already is out for the first 3 slams next year. He didn't rule out the US open but don't hold your breath. His 40 year old body is telling him to hang it up.

www.aol.com

Federer set to miss Wimbledon, won't play Australian Open

Roger Federer does not expect to return from his latest knee surgery in time for Wimbledon next June, the tennis great said in an interview published Wednesday by Swiss media. "The truth is that I’d be incredibly surprised to play Wimbledon,” the 40-year-old Federer told the Tribune de Geneve...

Really sad to read but not unexpected. I hope he can retire on his terms.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
The AO needs a vaccine mandate for all players and attendees. Novaxx and Tsitsipas can cry and gripe all they want but there's still no players Union so they would be SOL and at the mercy of tennis Australia and the local governments

Sometimes saying the same thing over and over again works!

www.theguardian.com

Australian Open rules Novak Djokovic and all other players must be vaccinated against Covid to play

Tournament chief says world No 1 knows he will have to be vaccinated to compete

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Sometimes saying the same thing over and over again works!

www.theguardian.com

Australian Open rules Novak Djokovic and all other players must be vaccinated against Covid to play

Tournament chief says world No 1 knows he will have to be vaccinated to compete
Nice. Although my only concern is that he'll buy a fake vaccine card off the black market. I believe vaccine records are national, not international, so it may be possible to forge Serbian vax documentation to tennis Australia. He now knows he has a couple months to devise a plan

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Although my only concern is that he'll buy a fake vaccine card off the black market. I believe vaccine records are national, not international, so it may be possible to forge Serbian vax documentation to tennis Australia. He now knows he has a couple months to devise a plan

Let's say Djokovic did that, and won the AO and then afterwards someone from Serbia disclosed that his Vaxx documentation was forged. Would his AO title be stripped and his 21 slam record also be stripped away from him?

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Let's say Djokovic did that, and won the AO and then afterwards someone from Serbia disclosed that his Vaxx documentation was forged. Would his AO title be stripped and his 21 slam record also be stripped away from him?
Nope. They would only potentially strip titles if an athlete took something performance enhancing. If Djokovic won't under any circumstances take the vaccine, he has little to lose by attempting to forge his vaccine status. (only maybe some sponsors that are embarrassed by his actions, but they've stuck with him thus far so )

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
would be pretty hilarious if djokovic being an antivax piece of shit is what kept him from breaking the slam record. alas, i fear it can only delay the inevitable.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I so miss the Auckland Open. Loved tuning in at midnight Eastern to watch the first rallies of tennis of the year instead of the ball drop nonsense.

Horsefly

Oct 27, 2017
UK
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissive Commentary; Trolling; Account in Junior Phase
This is good news. Yeah yeah, vaccine blah blah.

Bet you'll all be tuning in to the Nadal/Djoko final though :P

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I don't think this is confirmation he was granted an exemption into the Australian Open, just the country. If the Australian government caved, then I'm sure tennis Australia will as well, but it doesn't seem official yet

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
If the Australian government caved, then I'm sure tennis Australia will as well, but it doesn't seem official yet.

He'd look like a right plonker standing next to several bags of tennis rackets if this were indeed the case.

I literally shouted 'oh, fuuccckkkk off!' when I saw this on the news at lunchtime.

If he plays at the Australian Open, I would like to think the Australian crowd treats him in kind.