• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
11 US men and 19 US women in round 1. The men are all non-contenders but US womens tennis is in great shape.

Good spread for the Yanks alright, USA ladies tennis is indeed in great shape recently. Interesting stat is USA 325 Million vs AUS 25 Million population, I'm always amazed for a small big country what we participate in and at what levels.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Hadn't heard before about the new 5th set tiebreak rules, it makes sense although it's a bit of a shame to lose the prospect of marathon matches.

Dispatch

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Theim was injured. He had a set point to go up 2 to love, and when he had an unforced error, he mentally lost it.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Whoa, when did Nadal start looking so bald. Let it go man, it's like Bill Murray in Kingpin.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Whoa, when did Nadal start looking so bald. Let it go man, it's like Bill Murray in Kingpin.
Haha

7d3e3b27dd5077c71846ba97c207ee8e.gif

Dispatch

Oct 25, 2017
I love to watch doubles, so the Murray-Williams pairing is good news because it means more doubles matches on TV.

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
One of the reasons Gauff is ranked so low is kids under 16 are only allowed to play a limited # of WTA tournaments per year, so it's even harder for a minor to have a good ranking since they play less than half of what adult pros play on average. She's ranked like #300 but I don't think anyone believes that ranking reflects her actual talent.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What an achievement at 15 years old for Gauff's debut Wimbledon. We'll be seeing a lot more of her. I read an interesting statistic about her 300 odd ranking and kids of that age are only eligible to play around half of points ranked tournaments of the adults, so she's been hampered by her age in terms of her ranking. Her rank is about to shoot through the roof though. I like her play style too.

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
well it took him a set but Kyrgios got in Rafa's head with his antics so if he keeps up his serve I don't see how Nadal can win this

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Set all Kyrgios-Nadal. Not surprised so far. Kyrgios isn't intimidated by Nadal. Nadal has to neutralize Nick's game and force him to lose interest in the match. Nick's antics make Rafa uncomfortable.

clemenx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Venezuela
I don't know how to feel. Kyrgios personifies pretty much everything you have to hate as an old timer tennis fan (and he's an actual douche as well)

But this is some of the most entertaining shit in a while.

It helps that he's *finally* pairing a the fucking insanity on his head with his brilliant tennis all in the same game lol

Dispatch

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see Serena beating Gorges on Saturday. Serena just doesn't move her feet enough these days

I agree. She had to reach for several backhand returns today. Her feet were flat, like she wasn't ready to move. This morning Chris Evert said when you get older you have to almost remind yourself to move. At 46, I agree. When I play, I'm constantly muttering about not moving my feet.