• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lopez played three matches in a row today (long 3 set singles SF against FAA, finished a doubles QF from yesterday then played the SF right after), now gets to play in both finals tomorrow. Way to hog the court, man.

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Federer getting closer to Connors with his title today
Murray and Lopez win the doubles title at Queens Club and Lopez wins singles
Sonya Kenin defeats Bencic in the Mallorca final
Barty new #1

That was a fun week of tennis!

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
time for the yearly Wimbledon fuckery: Nadal gets the 3rd seed because Wimbledon's archaic seeding rules

Deadman

Oct 29, 2017
Really nice to see Murray complete a full tournament seemingly with no issue. Winning is a nice bonus too.

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly Nadal should skip Wimbledon entirely from now on. He gets zero benefits from playing there. He can't win the title, the grass is hard on his knees, plus he gets fucked with this seeding nonsense (and let's not forget last year's roof bullshit). He should take a nice long vacation after RG every year, go fishing in Mallorca or play some golf.

zero_suit

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly Nadal should skip Wimbledon entirely from now on. He gets zero benefits from playing there. He can't win the title, the grass is hard on his knees, plus he gets fucked with this seeding nonsense (and let's not forget last year's roof bullshit). He should take a nice long vacation after RG every year, go fishing in Mallorca or play some golf.
He would have won last year if not for Djokovic.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
Seeding makes sense, there are so few grass court events that players that are great on grass would be slighted because of it, and it makes for a more balanced draw.

Last edited:

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017

Nah. He has a legitimate shot at winning Wimbledon and I'm pretty sure he would love another Wimbledon title.

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Draw comes out tomorrow morning. I appreciate how Wimbledon finishes the qualies before releasing the draw, so everyone knows who they are playing

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017
Men's projected QFs:

Djokovic v Tsitsipas
Anderson v Zverev

Thiem v Nadal
Nishikori v Federer

Women's:

Barty v Kerber
Bertens v Kvitova

Svitolina v Pliskova
Halep v Osaka

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Coco Gauff is the youngest player to qualify for Wimbledon in the open era but unfortunately she has to play 5 time Wimbledon champ Venus Williams in the first round. Poor girl

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
Rafa has got the toughest draw possible:
R1: Sugita
R2: Kyrgios
R3: Tsonga / Shapovalov
R4: Cilic
QF: Thiem / Fognini
SF: Federer
F: Djokovic

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
The top quarter of the womens draw boasts 7 different grand slam champions. # of slams won by their names

1. Barty (1)
2. Muguruza (2)
3. S. Williams (23)
4. Kerber (3)
5. Sharapova (5)
6. Stosur (1)
7. Kuznetsova (2)

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Crazy how many champions and number 1 players are in that list with Barty's draw featuring heaps of them if she is to make the final/win -

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Osaka's decision to dump her coach that led her to 2 consecutive slam championships continues to baffle. That decision has altered her career negatively

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
No Wimbledon thread? I keep being out of town the weekend before so not able to make one. I guess I'll work on one soon.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Court looks like it is playing just like a clay court. Slow high bounces. RF is not gonna like that.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
And Venus loses. Retirement beckons. Congrats to Gauff, top-drawer performance this evening.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka's decision to dump her coach that led her to 2 consecutive slam championships continues to baffle. That decision has altered her career negatively

I think its less coaching but more of why she fired her coach.

When you feel like you're sacrificing too much happiness for tennis after winning 2 straight grand slams and poised to become the face of Women's tennis, you probably don't enjoy professional tennis too much.

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I think its less coaching but more of why she fired her coach.

When you feel like you're sacrificing too much happiness for tennis after winning 2 straight grand slams and poised to become the face of Women's tennis, you probably don't enjoy professional tennis too much.
Which is a shame but also understandable. The daily grind on your physical and mental health as a tennis pro is not for everyone. Several players start out enjoying the sport but slowly start to resent it as time goes on. Many get so burned out that they quit, and others just fade. No matter where Osaka's career goes from here, she has 2 slams and is a former #1. Those accomplishments alone practically guarantee her a spot in the Hall of Fame.

T-800

Oct 30, 2017
I think naomi started believing her hype too much and lost focus

She's an immature sook really. I'm surely she is a lovely person and clearly a great tennis player but she needs to handle adversity better. Can't remember which tournament it was last year, perhaps US Open final, where she almost had a tantrum when she looked like losing. 21 is too old to still be acting like that.