• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
mixed feelings, since neverending rain is the only thing that will prevent nadal or djokovic from winning another slam.

of course it is the french so it barely counts as a slam anymore.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Someone needs to invent a covering that prevents rain from coming into an enclosed space.

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like rain on Friday too, so we could get into a situation where the Men's semis are on Saturday, Women's final is on Sunday, and Men's final is on Monday. If there is not enough play on Friday you would have the Women having to play two matches in a row to keep the Saturday final. Selfishly I would love it if the men's semis moved to Saturday so that I could see Fed/Nadal.

Me too lol

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't I read something that said that this was the final GS to be played without a roof?

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Damn,Anisimova did it,defeated Halep in 2 sets for her first Slam semi final...just caught the last few points and also Barty just eliminated Keys in 2 sets as well,she will be in the last semi.

Didn't I read something that said that this was the final GS to be played without a roof?

Pretty sure yes,main stadium will have a roof next year...and maybe another also but they wont use it for darkness just rain or something like that.

Last edited:

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
Halep just destroyed an 18 year old today, I don't think she'll have trouble with the 17 year old. Anisimova's clay game is really impressive for her age and height though. Usually the clay is tougher for the taller players
what did I tell you?

I've said it last year, Halep will never win another GS again. she is not there mentally or doesn't really care.

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017
Since breaking to get a chance to serve out the first, Zverev has lost 6 games in a row

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Zverev is being predictably disappointing. Djokovic is playing super well too but whenever Zverev has had a good look at important times in the match he's gone for some... questionable shots.

Anyway, go Thiem woo.

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't seen Zverez play much at all, but everytime I have, he's always looked ordinary.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I need Djokovic to hurry this up so I don't have to see another failed Zverev drop shot today.

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I think Tsitsipas has the best chance of the Next Gen to win slams. His last 2 losses in slams absolutely gutted him, and he seems like the type of player that will use losses to fuel his drive more than wins, similar to Serena in that regard. Time will tell, but I think Tsitsipas will have between 5-10 slam titles by 2030

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I think the finals will be konta v barty, and Djokovic v nadal. Definitely the women's final is more up in the air. We could perceivably have an all unseeded finals on the women's side which would be kinda crazy but not really when you consider the parity on the WTA right now

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
The whole point in watching a tennis match is to be entertained. Zverez forgot that because I was not entertained.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Very happy for Barty this slam, impressive sustained composure from AusOpen to French and with the delays of the last couple of days too. Brilliant to see a mixed field in the last rounds of the French too.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What are we thinking for Federer today?
Setting the line at 5.5 games won.

Leaning under

6-1 6-1 6-0 Nadal.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think Tsitsipas has the best chance of the Next Gen to win slams. His last 2 losses in slams absolutely gutted him, and he seems like the type of player that will use losses to fuel his drive more than wins, similar to Serena in that regard. Time will tell, but I think Tsitsipas will have between 5-10 slam titles by 2030

5-10 is crazy. I think we will be entering a phase with lots of career 1-2 slam winners like the WTA.

DrWong

Oct 29, 2017
Anisimova has been very strong mentally in this first set. Down 5-2 and win in the tie break despite being behind from the start.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
What are we thinking for Federer today?
Setting the line at 5.5 games won.

Leaning under

6-1 6-1 6-0 Nadal.

Peak Nadal never beat Fed that easily. Personally I think he'll do better than Nishi but not by much. Something more like 6-3 6-2 6-3. He might be competitive for the first set before being blown away.

5-10 is crazy. I think we will be entering a phase with lots of career 1-2 slam winners like the WTA.

I'm not sure which player exactly but once the big 3 are out of the way we'll see someone come along and win a decent number of scams. Maybe not 10 but I doubt we'll only see players with 1-2 slams only.