• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
Set aside some time to watch Stan/Fed and this match and I'm kind of bored and have no idea why. It's close with some good rallies and shot making but I dunno 😐

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
I think I know why. For some reason, TSN is not broadcasting the Tennis Channel feed and they're very good while James Blake is too mellow. Maybe he's new and nervous but somebody give him a triple cappuccino!

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017
Ugly win but glad he made it through. Reminded me a lot of the Tsitsipas match this year where he couldn't convert many break points, but this time he came up clutch in the tiebreaks.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Inappropriate Commentary
Nadal about to snap that five match winning streak for Fed. Snap might be too nice of a word too. Nadal uses clay like lube and will brutally violate Fed. Oh well, good run for him anyway!

clemenx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Venezuela
I dunno why people get excited about Fedal on Clay lol. Unless you love watching demolitions.

But that was a great gritty game. A his age, these kind of games surprise me more than when he plays a Jesus Fed game. Dude will never decline physically.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I expect Fed to lose, but maybe not a total shellacking. Roger's backhand has given Nadal trouble lately. Fed is still effective with it.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
i don't think federer's backhand has ever given nadal trouble on clay, and i doubt it will start now.

Federer hasn't used his improved backhand on clay against Nadal.

It's what has been the differentiator for Fed since AO 2016 in games against Nadal. It certainly won't be as effective on clay. But it was crucial against Stan today. So it stands to reason Fed will use it in the Semi.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's not a forgone conclusion. Nadal hasn't been at his best this clay season. Anyway it doesn't matter who wins if Djoker gets to the final, he'll beat either of them.

nadal did find some of his clay form in rome and has been solid since then. crushed djokovic as well.

Federer hasn't used his improved backhand in clay against Nadal.
it's not improved enough for it to matter on clay. prove me wrong, roger.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Fed's game is different since the last time Fedal happened on Clay. It's going to take some adjusting for Nadal. He won't be able to rest on his old strategies. But he's the GOAT on Clay so he'll adjust. If Fed doesn't take that first set, then that's the match. The little hope left will be squashed. Fed has to tap into that AO 2016 Zen if he expects to be in that match at all.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
rV08pMe.PNG

it was fun while it lasted :(

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
The grand slam title race is going to look very interesting in a few years. Not so sure Fed will still have the lead outright in 2022

zero_suit

Oct 27, 2017
The grand slam title race is going to look very interesting in a few years. Not so sure Fed will still have the lead outright in 2022
Next gen still sucks, for the the most part, so I'm not sure if Novak can be stopped. Nadal can beat him at RG, but nobody else can consistently do so at the other slams.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
I do not expect much, but if Fed could win this match it would be so amazing for me. To see him beat Nadal in Paris after taking years off the clay would just be really special.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I do not expect much, but if Fed could win this match it would be so amazing for me. To see him beat Nadal in Paris after taking years off the clay would just be really special.

Think about it though, do you really want Fed to pull off a once in a lifetime miracle win against Nadal at the French to get lolrolled by Djokovic in the final?

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Yup. When Nadal has only lost twice at Roland Garros, I want Federer to be the third (though very unlikely).

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Nadal is likely going to steamroll Fed. The question is whether or not Novak can at least make the final interesting.

Yeah both Nadal and Novak look like they have more slams in them (potentially a lot more). I think Fed will struggle to hold that lead but who knows. Pretty awesome that all 3 have a legitimate chance still at number 1. Who knows maybe sometime soon a new player will step
up and win something... seriously who am I kidding.

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
Think about it though, do you really want Fed to pull off a once in a lifetime miracle win against Nadal at the French to get lolrolled by Djokovic in the final?
Djokovic has to beat Zverev and Thiem first.

The US Open 2016 were the last GS where the winner wasn't Nadal, Federer or Djokovic. Since 2004 they won at least 2 GS titles per year.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Rain has wiped another day from us. If only... if only there was a way to prevent all matches from being cancelled due to rain. Hmm.

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
all the matches are postponed for tomorrowdue to bad weather. which means that the women will have to play 3 days in a row.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like rain on Friday too, so we could get into a situation where the Men's semis are on Saturday, Women's final is on Sunday, and Men's final is on Monday. If there is not enough play on Friday you would have the Women having to play two matches in a row to keep the Saturday final. Selfishly I would love it if the men's semis moved to Saturday so that I could see Fed/Nadal.