• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
My brain automatically filled the rest of the sentence with "Albert Einstein", I knew it wasn't gonna be that, but holy fuck I was not prepared

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
"You can be homeless, and then be Hitler, or not be Hitler" is certainly a take.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I like that he ended it with that Hitler had an unproductive life as if he realised what he was saying but also making the entire argument entirely pointless.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

In Vienna, Hitler continued the same lazy lifestyle he had enjoyed in Linz after dropping out of school. Kubizek described Hitler as a night owl who slept till noon, would go out for walks taking in all the sights, then stay up late discussing his ideas on everything from social reform to city planning. Hitler made no effort to get a regular job, considering himself far above that. He dressed like an artist and at night dressed like a young gentleman of leisure and often attended the opera.

🤷‍♂️

Oct 28, 2017
Lol, what the fuck. "Homeless scamps." Also it feels like he got to the end of his little lesson forgot that people don't actually like Hitler and tried to sneak in there that Hitler was bad actually.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

In Vienna, Hitler continued the same lazy lifestyle he had enjoyed in Linz after dropping out of school. Kubizek described Hitler as a night owl who slept till noon, would go out for walks taking in all the sights, then stay up late discussing his ideas on everything from social reform to city planning. Hitler made no effort to get a regular job, considering himself far above that. He dressed like an artist and at night dressed like a young gentleman of leisure and often attended the opera.

🤷‍♂️
I feel like this also describes, like, Ben Shapiro's target audience.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
A quick check on Wikipedia says that this dude was born in 1947. What was his dad's opinion on this?

Also he's apparently pro-cockfighting...? Oh, and he's a birther, and anti-climate change.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
Poor, homeless, beaten down? You too could become modern history's greatest monster, all you have to do is embrace the conservative agenda and put in the work.

Like what the fuck?

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
What fucking nightmare shit is pure delusion he was also fed money by bankers wtf is this bootstraps shit.

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017

🤷‍♂️
Today I learned. The part about considering himself above work makes me think of the attitudes of people like Madison Cawthorne, yikes. I mean, I know he idolizes Hitler, but damn.

Kensation

Enlightened
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Knew it was gonna be Hitler before I even clicked the link. Says all you need to know about the modern GOP.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
e0457088fa45b19b3fe927b5a7b10956f368ef00_hq.gif

breander

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly at first I thought it was going to be how the story was fake and there was no such person, I did not expect literal Hitler.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For too long our children have been told they can dream to be doctors, movies stars, artists, or astronauts, in these trying times we need to remind them they can be genocidal dictators too as long as they dare to make their dreams a reality

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Besides Hitler being one of the most vile creatures to ever walk this Earth having caused the deaths of millions upon millions, he wasn't so bad. Is Hitler really the best fucking option you have?

Oct 25, 2017
tennessee is in the news often lately and it's never good
what kind of hellscape allows a dude to pop off like this and not immediately bury his entire career
what a nightmare, that state is fucked

Oct 27, 2017
This might legitimately be one of the most nonsensical things I've ever heard. In order to illustrate the myth of the bootstrap success story, he chooses fucking Adolf Hitler, misrepresents his history as a youth, highlights how even someone who's living on the streets, which Hitler wasn't, can go on to have a productive life, then realizing far too late you probably shouldn't use Adolph fucking Hitler as your example of positive determination, course corrects that Hitler's life was actually unproductive (???) thereby undermining his entire stupid fucking point to begin with.

He could've just made up a story.

Leafshield

Nov 22, 2019
Came in expecting some weirdo rightwing 'bootstraps' logic about 'I was homeless, all I had was a dream (and five million bucks from my folks)" wasn't prepared for exactly how far right it was going to go

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Waiting for it to load I was just thinking to myself "There's a 50/50 chance the man he's talking about is either going to be himself or Hitler."

Good to see the GOP are still incapable of disappointing on that front…

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even think Hitler came from squalor or anything, I think he had a pretty normal upbringing for the time as the son of a white collar worker at the time. Certainly weren't beggars on the streets and probably more well off than like a factory worker or something.

Oct 27, 2017
The soundbite is worse.

Good thing Hitler had a productive life, am I right? Fucking Christ.
He's also seemingly conflating this myth that a whole lot of people just want to live off welfare or not get a job with being homeless, when in reality a lot of people who become homeless may have started out in stable careers or had good jobs before a variety of factors including economic distress or mental health leads them down to a situation where they become homeless.

I mean Republicans are by and large narrow minded and heartless people when it comes to understanding any kind of depth or nuance to social issues so it's not like that's surprising, but it's always difficult to see that type of idiocy perpetuated.

"Try and be like Hitler" is quite the lesson.
Well to be fair he has two lessons in one statement- Hitler made something of himself, oh wait never mind no he didn't you probably shouldn't aspire to be like one of the greatest genocidal dictators who picked a fight with the entire world.