• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
This. The trailer showed and hinted enough for you to get the idea there will be weird time travel/loop/distortions going on. I don't see how anyone could have missed that and thought it would just be tacked onto a generic spy movie
I'm fully aware there'll be a hook related to time and/or mirrored reality. I'm saying the trailer does little to sell that to me.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I'll check this out later. I saw the original teaser and felt intrigued.

I at least like all of Nolan's work, except maybe Inception which I've tried several times to like but it just ain't happening. There's stuff to like but as a whole I wish it was more dreamlike. Love the last shot.

Begins was okay, DK was much better, and I liked Rising quite a lot.

Interstellar is GOAT calibre for me. I love everything about it, not least of all the absolutely STELLAR soundtrack. The movie is a tearjerker. Love the acting, visuals, and writing for the most part. All time classic for me, one of my faves, a near perfect movie IMO.

Loved Insomnia and Memento. Still haven't seen Dunkirk cuz I'm not a major fan of the setting. But I do mean to see it sometime soon.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not gonna let the bomb ass music trick me into thinking i'm watching something good. Will wait for reviews.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
I'm not gonna let the bomb ass music trick me into thinking i'm watching something good. Will wait for reviews.

Nolan doesn't make bad movies. There 's a strong argument he hasn't made a great one with his flaws ("what are women?" "sometimes we need to sacrifice plot for some cool lookinng shit") but there is no more consistently solid and smart action film director out there today

Oct 27, 2017
John David Washington in a huge leading role.

Robert Pattinson returning to big blockbuster movies to co-lead.

Lugwig fucking Goransson on the score (my favorite producer).

A unique and very straight forward original IP, complete with a subdued tone and crazy budget.

I'm so fcking in.
I dig the score by Ludwig Göransson--if that is his music. It's moody but still has that bass to it that Hans Zimmer usually has in his work. This is Nolan's first movie since The Prestige that Zimmer isn't doing the score.

EDIT: Also, I really, really love that we're getting a Nolan movie with a black lead. I think that's why I'm so hyped for it.
Yup. It's like this movie was made for me, lol. (will keep expectations in check tho)

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I dig the score by Ludwig Göransson--if that is his music. It's moody but still has that bass to it that Hans Zimmer usually has in his work. This is Nolan's first movie since The Prestige that Zimmer isn't doing the score.

EDIT: Also, I really, really love that we're getting a Nolan movie with a black lead. I think that's why I'm so hyped for it.

I'm assuming it was his material in the IMAX prologue and it sounded good.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
I'll check this out later. I saw the original teaser and felt intrigued.

I at least like all of Nolan's work, except maybe Inception which I've tried several times to like but it just ain't happening. There's stuff to like but as a whole I wish it was more dreamlike. Love the last shot.

Begins was okay, DK was much better, and I liked Rising quite a lot.

Interstellar is GOAT calibre for me. I love everything about it, not least of all the absolutely STELLAR soundtrack. The movie is a tearjerker. Love the acting, visuals, and writing for the most part. All time classic for me, one of my faves, a near perfect movie IMO.

Loved Insomnia and Memento. Still haven't seen Dunkirk cuz I'm not a major fan of the setting. But I do mean to see it sometime soon.

Please consider watching The Prestige.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. Don't know quite what to make of it yet, but I get the basic concept. I need to see more.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
pretty awesome visuals but I'm not sold on the story at all. Dialogue seems pretty weak.

Hoping for the best though, this could be really cool.

AwareSnake

Oct 27, 2017
Once again, Warner Bros. Japan fucks us over with release dates. Not launching here until September 18th. Which means I'll probably just go and see it whilst on vacation in the summer like I did with Dunkirk.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Cannot wait! Going to use A List to get into IMAX and watch the prologue..then leave lol

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Saw this mentioned on Reddit, which blew my mind.

Memento: 2000
Inception: 2010
Tenet: 2020

giphy.gif

EDIT: damn, beaten to the punch lol.

Kazen

May 31, 2019
Holy fucking shit

Just saw a teaser here In the theaters right before starwars, 5 minutes long. It was insane.

I'm so hyped

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks extremely good. Dunkirk was great but didn't quite captivate me, this film has great potential, I like the time manipulation for this.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
interesting concept, but this movie is going to have 2-4 characters who's sole roles are going to be explaining what's going on in the plot to the audience.

it's hard to get excited. Dunkirk is his best film because the characters said jackshit

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
this is such a generic comment, and it doesn't even apply to nolan, since he's a pretty diverse filmmaker

So then why does it feel so familiar and distinctive of Nolan's prior work? I'll probably enjoy it but I feel like he is running out of steam when it comes to new ways of dazzling and surprising the audience.