• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
We did it, fam.

d19f43eef8f62486f0add859b18f4852.gif

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome trailer, but it will be the last and only preview I'll watch of Tenet. Going on a blackout until release.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Nolan: "Fuck James Bond, I'll make my own"

looks amazing. Not surprised though. I'm in on every Nolan movie.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I feel like Chris Nolan hasn't really done anything that set the world on fire since Inceltion, I loved Interstellar but it feels like no one really cared for it. This looks sorta interesting though.

Interstellar was extremely well received by the general audience and had plenty of hype for ages. Dunkirk is probably the film that didn't get that much hype, but it also felt quite experimental.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Looks cool. First time I can remember a trailer directing me to go rewatch it in a theater lol.

Wreck We Em

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm all the way in for this....JDW is a dope actor and Nolan doesn't seem to miss

Still need to watch Dunkirk

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
Shit that would be so awesome. Loved the trailer--ready to discuss the (many different interpretations, ala Inception) end.
Yep, west world was strongly influenced by red dead redemption. And I can't remember were I watched it but I watched a video yesterday were Christopher Nolan said in his opinion the most ground breaking story's are all coming from games. If this turns out to be connected to inception I'm going to freak the fuck out!

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Interstellar was extremely well received by the general audience and had plenty of hype for ages. Dunkirk is probably the film that didn't get that much hype, but it also felt quite experimental.
I may be misremembering. It felt like it came and went and mostly had people lukewarm on it. But yeah it might be the reception to Dunkirk clouding my memory.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Palindromes and inversions are everywhere in this trailer.

For the text "From Christopher Nolan" and "In 2020", you have the top line fading to the back while the bottom line fades to the front (opposite directions).

This is also black text on a white background, but the final "TENET" text at the end is white text on a black background. The last "ET" of Tenet are obviously inverted as well and the word itself is a palindrome.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I may be misremembering. It felt like it came and went and mostly had people lukewarm on it. But yeah it might be the reception to Dunkirk clouding my memory.

even Dunkirk grossed like $500 million world wide, which for a WW2 movie with no real stars attached, is pretty damn good. Nolan is one of the more consistently bankable directors in Hollywood.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Eh, didnt really do anything for me. Generic spy thriller save the world plot, okay I guess 🙄

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Man idk I hated interstellar so much, I refused to see Dunkirk....now this looks a bit too goofy / the inception ish stuff feels played out too tbh

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
That weird time travel twist is interesting! Not sure it's gonna work in what seems a pretty grounded setting but I can't wait to find out lol.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
He always finds a neat angle on a story. Nolan may have the best trailer editor in the business. It's got to be the same person because they all feel and flow similarly.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Did people here really not like Dunkirk? Damn. Thought it was great.

This looks really intriguing though. Feels like Nolan is channeling Memento (his best movie).

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Going to wait to see this in IMAX tonight but damn, I am fucking hyped. Even after Dunkirk, I still have an undying love for Nolan.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is secretly the origin story for the new Bruce Wayne played by Robert Pattinson, with cameo by Michael Caine as Alfred from an alternate universe.

Oct 27, 2017
Did people here really not like Dunkirk? Damn. Thought it was great.

This looks really intriguing though. Feels like Nolan is channeling Memento (his best movie).

Dunkirk was his highest-reviewed film since The Dark Knight, is the highest-grossing WWII film worldwide, and was nominated for Best Picture...Era is not representative of the general reception for that film lol.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
Nolan has to be among the most exciting directors these days. His films are events.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
it did well critically, commercially and with audiences. The idea that people didn't like it or Interstellar is very much an insular one that people convince themselves is true.
Dunkirk was his highest-reviewed film since The Dark Knight, is the highest-grossing WWII film worldwide, and was nominated for Best Picture...Era is not representative of the general reception for that film lol.
Nolan giving JDW some shine. Bless him.

Dunkirk Reviewed really well. Interstellar had the more mixed reception.

Think you guys are missing me saying "did people here really not like Dunkirk?" As in this forum/thread. I know it was a success.