• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing wrong to take inspiration from the best :3

Also, that tower defense element could actually be a good idea of a new type mission for Days Gone 2, defending some camp against horde invasion, no ?

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Because...there is a motorcycle for a second in that trailer?

Days Gone is the biggest amalgamation of Blockbuster Trends thrown into one big pot already. There is barely an original thought in that game. This trailer just looks like "another one of those" and reminded me more of State of Decay than Days Gone, tbh.

Oct 29, 2017
Cut to look like a cinematic game, but I didn't get the impression that it actually is that type of game. I got more of a State if Decay feeling, with custom characters, and co-op.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Looks more like a zombie game but with a Co-Op and base building focus? Sounds more like a mix of DG and State of Decay, which the 2nd video comparison really nails.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Only the beginning part of the trailer really looks like Days Gone but boy does that look like Days Gone. Seems like the gameplay is focused on base building and defense in MP.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The real question is if it will be better.

Why would you question that?

Days Gone is the biggest amalgamation of Blockbuster Trends thrown into one big pot already. There is barely an original thought in that game. This trailer just looks like "another one of those" and reminded me more of State of Decay than Days Gone, tbh.

I can't tell if serious.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
lol, pretty blatant in some of the trailer scenes. Guess Bend should take it as a compliment?

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
No, watch the trailer comparison.

Oh, I get it, they clearly used that footage of the Days Gone trailer for those first 10, 15 seconds and built after that. After that, they just randomly inserted footage from other trailers for SoD to make it kinda match up? Eh.

The actual game part with the scavenging, base bulding, traps and base defense is way closer to SoD than Days Gone.

Plum

May 31, 2018
That trailer comparison has a majority of its scenes ripped from State of Decay 2. The Days Gone footage it does use seems to come from multiple trailers or simple in-game stuff. There's only really three-or-so very similar shots which are admittedly very similar.

I mean it's not exactly original but neither were Day's Gone or State of Decay 2.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Looks pretty cool, hope it succeeds.

Also, no zombie game is really original if thats what the op is trying to say.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA

Yeah, saying a game looks like Days Gone is basically saying a game looks like a AAA zombie game. There aren't a ton of distinctive elements to copy.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Watched the comparison trailer - some of that shit is shot-for-shot identical, or it at least tries to be.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
It pulls you in thinking its a Days Gone rip-off, but makes sure to let you know its actually ripping off every zombie game

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It really would be coming full circle if DG becomes the template for open world/zombie games from this point on lol.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
They obviously copied the beginning of the trailer but I'm pretty sure that game is just a horde mode.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
The game isn't so much a clone as it is inspired by zombie games.

It seems to take the best parts of Days Gone, State of Decay 2 and L4D to create a new game.

peter42O

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
Seems more like a combination of Metal Gear Survive, State of Decay 1/2 and World War Z than Days Gone simply because Days Gone has an excellent story and characters in which none of those three (and now four) games are even close to having. Plus, it looks like a lot worse so no thanks.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
n5wUPWM.gif