• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

skrskg

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Nerdcube (also known as the best gaming channel on Youtube) has a problem (like he often does).

The remakes and remasters that have been released the last couple of years are getting more and more popular, but they've all made one big mistake.

They're only remaking good games.

Here are his arguments for ten games that actually needs remakes to forfill their potential.

10. Lemmings
9. Overboard
8. Zombies ate my neighbours
7. Giants: Citizen Kabuto
6. Stuntman
5. Crush
4. Tomba
3. Empire Earth
2. Spore
1. Heads

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Damn.

I havent played a single game on that list lol.

Edit: I take that back, I did play Zombies ate my neighbors...but didnt really get into it - only played for a couple of minutes.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I would say Deus Ex but it still looks and plays like a dream with the HD Texture pack.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Great list, and I agree that Spore deserves a second chance.

Also, people who haven't played Giants: Citizen Kabuto are hugely missing out so it would be a cool way to get more people into the game.

I don't know if I'd do Empire Earth 1 over 2 but eh, I could see it.

skysthelimit

Jan 16, 2019
Holy moly I've been trying to remember the name Zombies Ate My Neighbours for so long now! Thank you!

Also, I loved Stuntman as a kid, would be well up for playing that again.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I feel weird about Spore. I believe it did exactly what they wanted it to do, peoples' expectations were just much higher because of Will Wright. I enjoyed my time with it.

Honestly, I have a dream remake, and this thread is quickly going to turn into a list thread, so I'll actually explain my reasoning.

Legend of Dragoon. The game itself was obviously made with the intention of capitalizing on FF7's success, but that shouldn't detract from how cool and enjoyable the game itself was. A very cool world with some surprisingly deep and fleshed out history. There was a huge scope and so many beautifully rendered backdrops. The characters were likable, if not a bit too one-dimensional, and the villains were not as predictable as you'd expect. The addition system put a unique skill-based spin on normal turn-based battling, too. Also, the soundtrack is wonderful. Lots of guitar and bass, with rustic-fantasy overtones.

I think it needs a remake for quite a few reasons. The game really suffered from a poor localization, at least in the English translation. Plus, while the game still does have some great artwork, the overall graphical style hasn't aged well at all. It suffers from the blocky PS1-era models that don't scale up too well and the character designs are clearly rooted in the late 90s. The turn-based battling, at least in my case, led to a ton of grinding, which makes replays a slog.
There's probably other reasons I can't think of right on the spot, but it's been my dream remake for awhile and I really hope someone like Bluepoint can do it justice.

ArmadilloGame

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Here's one I never see in these threads: The Incredible Machine. Make your own crazy rube goldberg devices to solve puzzles. I loved it as a kid.

iu

Oct 27, 2017
Lemmings doesn't need a remake it's perfect as it is. But I would appreciate more re-releases and new Lemmings games.

Would only happen if Sony could turn it into a cinematic AAA game. Think TLoU/GoW 2018 but with two lemmings trekking across the world.

Also I want a remake of Ghost Hunter, Sony. And Nintendo, where's my damn Eternal Darkness? Konami, get off your ass and have Bluepoint remake Silent Hill.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Panzer Dragoon Saga & Xenogears are both highly flawed JRPGs that have a ton of potential that is just waiting to be unlocked with well done remakes.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Some may call it unnecessary, but a Crono Trigger remake using DQXI's engine would be great

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
Crackdown 3.

I think the IP is radioactive and we'll never see it again, but it would be great to see - if only for technical and engineering reasons - a game that more fully realizes the original vision of the game.

BabyShams

Nov 7, 2017
I would love a remake of Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town that doesn't look like shit.

also Final Fantasy Tactics

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Giants Citizen Kabuto only deserves a remake if they use the original vvoices because it's absolutely hilarious. Like it's one of the most genuinely funny comedic games.

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Yoooo I haven't seen anyone mention Stuntman since it released. When I was a kid I thought I was the only person who'd played it.

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I feel like Alpha Protocol could fit in this category. I actually liked the game, but a lot were put off by the third person shooter look, but not being a third person shooter. Also jank reduction would help, but keep the crouch run animation to bait the hate.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
shit yeah Zombies Ate My Neighbors, still a top 10 game for me

id switch a few of those out for vagrant story, burning rangers, prolly some horror titles

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
Vigilante Second Offence - Multiplayer, MTX galore, Story Mode, New Cars, More Maps
Halo 1 - A retelling of the classic, in full RT glory, Multiplayer rebalanced on some maps
Project Gotham Racing - Looked great back then but want it back now.
Silent Hill 1 - Classic horror, motion captured performances would help here.
Metal Gear Solid 3 - GOAT MGS? Probably. Drop the Pachinko remake on us, please Konami.

Super Mario 64 - Deserves a proper remake just due to its sheer impact in design.
Contra - Online multiplayer, leaderboards.
Gran Turismo 3 - Bring everything up to GT Sport quality, add multiplayer online, customizations.
Zelda OOT - Another Classic that deserves better from Nintendo.
Crash Bash - Online multiplayer, Local Multiplayer, MTX galore, new maps and a version of Mario Party is added

Last edited: