• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Temtem, a competitive creature collecting MMO by Crema, the creators of Immortal Redneck, will be coming to Steam Early Access on January 21st, 2020.

Players can currently sign up for an early server stress-test on Temtem's website.

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Temtem is finally launching on steam and discord for early access which means everyone can finally play. For those that don't know, Temtem is monster taming and battling game (like Pokemon) that is being built around multiplayer and the competitive aspect that people wish pokemon leaned more heavily into. All battles are 2v2, and there is no "miss chance" when it comes to moves. Instead each move uses stamina and some more powerful moves can't be used on the first turn. If you run out of stamina during a battle, your tem will injure itself. You can rest during a turn or use an item to regain stamina. You can play the entire story mode in co op or alone, competitive battles have a pick/ban phase, and there's tons of customization.

IGN just put up a post about the game which you can find here. You can also sign up to help stress test the servers before early access is live here. If you do choose to stress test, be warned that they are wiping progress before the EA launch, however once it does launch there will be no more wipes. Finally there is a new gameplay overview video which is posted below.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I backed this and played a few hours of the Alpha. It has a lot of potential and is pretty fun.

I particularly like some of their twists on the traditional Pokemon battle mechanics.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
these guys did Immortal Redneck, which was the sleeper hit of the gen for me

this doesn't look to be my thing unfortunately

Last edited:

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Reminder that you can play as platyboi/girl in this game

4814af82641e2957ec9b957632760e3b.jpg

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How far ahead is the alpha? I could jump on it but Im tempted to wait until its full release
The big alpha patch to get ready for EA is sometime this month. It'll be everything that is included in the release. However progress from before the launch of EA will be wiped, so you may just want to wait so you don't lose progress.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Not a bag fan of double battles being the main style in this game.

I like a pure one on one or three vs three in my monster games. I like supporting the genre though so I'll definitely give it a shot tho.

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
Cool, glad we got a solid date for EA! I enjoyed the alpha updates they've put out so far, can't wait to see what they launch EA with.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Looks great, I see they got the guy who designed the fake Pokemon starter leak with the platypus since thats in the game.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like the name but the game looks pretty cool. I'll give it a try if the price is right since Pokemon Switch really bummed me out

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
man... this looks alot better than the most recent GF games. Any word on size and scope? how many monsters? how long of a campaign?

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
man... this looks alot better than the most recent GF games. Any word on size and scope? how many monsters? how long of a campaign?
To start with there will be 161+ monsters. Campaign length were not sure of since it's not all released yet, however there will be 6 islands in the game and right now there are only 2 in the alpha and they take a pretty long time to get through. Islands aren't just towns, there are multiple towns on each island and the islands are different biomes basically.

eosos

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Pretty stoked for this actually. Really like the MMO aspects. Should be fun!

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
To start with there will be 161+ monsters. Campaign length were not sure of since it's not all released yet, however there will be 6 islands in the game and right now there are only 2 in the alpha and they take a pretty long time to get through. Islands aren't just towns, there are multiple towns on each island and the islands are different biomes basically.
oh nice. pretty interested in this. thanks for making the thread! never even heard of this before, but glad its on my radar

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
I backed this because i thought it would be some kind of pokemon game, and competition is good.
Played the alpha a bit when it came out, and realized that its everything i dont like about Pokemon and have not touched it since.

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Depending on when they played, there wasn't a lot of content for a while. Only one island, one dojo (gym), no competitive battles, no breeding. So once you got to a certain point there wasn't much else to do. They've since added a bunch of stuff and are only adding more.

OP
OP
Dinjoralo

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I've really been looking forward to this, after being disappointed with Pokemon Sun/Moon and Sword/Shield looking like it has all the same problems I had with that, exacerbated.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I am very interested in how this turns out. It looks decent but at the same time most of the designs do very little for me.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I have always thought that an MMO Pokémon would not work.

And after watching TemTem gameplays and trailers I still think the same but well, maybe it surprises.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I would be interested in it without the Stamina system. Don't like that aspect at all.

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
I'm cautiously optimistic for this game. I almost got it on Discord but decided against it. Depending on the price, I may finally dip in during Early Access.

Would like to try this. Was just looking at another Pokémon style game on PC, Disc Creatures.

Now, this I've never heard of. How did this completely fly under my radar. I wonder if it's any good.

I backed this because i thought it would be some kind of pokemon game, and competition is good.
Played the alpha a bit when it came out, and realized that its everything i dont like about Pokemon and have not touched it since.

Interesting, do you mind expanding on the last bit some more? As someone disappointed in SwSh, I need a Pokemon fix and impressions like this kinda worry me about TemTem.

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, do you mind expanding on the last bit some more? As someone disappointed in SwSh, I need a Pokemon fix and impressions like this kinda worry me about TemTem.
What disappointed you about SwSh? Besides the dex cut I'm assuming. Whether or not you like Temtem (opinions on monster design withstanding) depends on what you want out of a game like this and pokemon imo.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Definitely in once it hits switch.

I remember when Etika played this game a bit and the devs actually added him in.