• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
So is there supposed to be some main quest event at the accademia? They make a big deal out of it and you don't even need to go inside lol...

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
So is there supposed to be some main quest event at the accademia? They make a big deal out of it and you don't even need to go inside lol...
One side-quest there, but that's about it I think. It's either a joke about the main character of the pokémon games never actually going to school to learn about these creatures, or an unfinished part of the game. You are instead supposed to just rush north to the dojo.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I WON A BATTLE

MY FIRST BATTLE

BY THE SKIN OF MY ANAHIR

TWAS GLORIOUS

GOOLDER IS SUCH A CHONKER

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Why am I trying to farm a Luka for a temtem that has a 10 Percent chance of showing up regularly. These odds are worse than gatcha games but I'm hopelessly addicted.

AnilP228

Mar 14, 2018
As someone who hasn't played Temtem but thoroughly enjoyed the Pokemon games up until Sun/Moon, can someone explain the key features of this title and how it advances the gameplay/world building of the Pokemon games?

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
ecsy36afjod41.jpg

This got me good.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I should probably stop grinding and move on with the quest then, haha. Thanks.
Yeah I think I managed to get through with my sherald and tuvine around 40 and everything else sub-30. There isn't a big boss or anything to close out the content, so you just need the tems to handle the typical encounters on a 30-35ish route.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Via reddit

I was digging through old patch notes and found out there are a bunch of controller shortcuts for certain battle actions, namely:

RT + A: opens the item menu

RT+B: Escape

RT+Y: Swap tem

RT+X: wait turn (I might be confusing this last two...)

LT+A: Uses the bottom left technique

LT+B: Uses the bottom right technique

LT+X: Top left technique

LT+Y: Top right technique

I never use the techniques ones, but the item menu and escape ones are sooo handy! For example if you wanna run away you just press RT and spam B. If you wanna throw temcards you can just use one and then spam RT+A (cause it'll be the most recent item).

Edit: This are the buttons for Xbox controllers, for other controllers it'll probably be their equivalent buttons.

------------------------------------
Whoa.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Via reddit

I was digging through old patch notes and found out there are a bunch of controller shortcuts for certain battle actions, namely:

RT + A: opens the item menu

RT+B: Escape

RT+Y: Swap tem

RT+X: wait turn (I might be confusing this last two...)

LT+A: Uses the bottom left technique

LT+B: Uses the bottom right technique

LT+X: Top left technique

LT+Y: Top right technique

I never use the techniques ones, but the item menu and escape ones are sooo handy! For example if you wanna run away you just press RT and spam B. If you wanna throw temcards you can just use one and then spam RT+A (cause it'll be the most recent item).

Edit: This are the buttons for Xbox controllers, for other controllers it'll probably be their equivalent buttons.

------------------------------------
Whoa.
Wish I knew this earlier, especially the escape one

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Now that I've finished the current game, I'm doing Luma runs, where I buy 99 temcards, go to a spot with the temtem I want, and stay there until I'm out of temcards. This way I can get all the temtems needed to breed a perfect one, as well as getting some money. After my first run, trying a Luma Platypet, I caught 3 temtems with at least 1 perfect SV and released 64 other temtems. This resulted in about 6.6k moneies, so a 5k profit. I imagine the profit would be even better if I tried to catch and release higher level temtems.

No Lumas, though.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I went around and collected some info between the Discord and a Reddit AMA. It's quite a bit so I'll spoiler tag it. The information from the Reddit AMA is about 7-8 months old so it is possible things have changed. Bold text is the question/topic, italics is the answer given.

When asked about day and night cycle.
The idea is that the day/night cycle will be short so there will be at least a couple cycles in an Earth day. The server time will determine day/night.

What is the estimated rate of adding additional Temtem's?
We will be adding 20-30 with every big patch during the development.

Will there be cooperative raid style bosses with other players at some point?
There is no plan for raids.

Will we be able to rematch NPCs and/or Dojo Masters?
No.

How extensive will the housing be? Do you plan on adding a lot of furnishings? Also, when will it be available to try in the game (alpha or otherwise)?
There's a lot of furniture planned for the housing aspect. Every house in the game is prepared with the internal housing editor so almost everything will be usable by players too.

Same as housing, every NPC is built with the character customization in mind so we will have a lot of clothes available.

Will there be any gathering/crafting in the game? Like fishing, cooking etc?
We don't have any type of crafting planned.

My questions are about non-competitive end game content:
1) Will there be a "battle resort" type place we can play against NPCs with various challenges to accomplish?
2) Will there be rewards for completing the tempedia?
3) Will the tempedia also include locations to catch said temtem?

1) Yes 2) Yes 3) Yes

Hey, are you planning on constantly updating the game with new TemTems and possibly new areas too, so that the base game will remain the same (as opposed to constant sequel releases) but evolve over time?
We want to finish the game first before starting to think about adding more content to it, there's still a lot more work to do so we don't really know how new areas or Temtem would be managed.

All cosmetics will be obtainable with in-game currency (Pansuns)?
No, not all. There will be cosmetics tied to tournaments, pvp rewards, clubs, real money...

Will there be an item or something to travel "fast" to cities and villages?
Yes.

How will the housing be implemented? Will it be instanced so everyone can have one or more like a set number of houses with limited availability for players?
It will be instanced, every player will have access to have a house.

What are your endgame plans regarding your creatures? Will there be super rare creatures, limited time creatures, etc etc?
We don't plan to have any limited time or super rare creatures. That would be reserved for other stuff (cosmetics, furniture, etc).

What are your payment plans? Will the game be free-to-play, monthly sub, pay-to-play, etc? What about micro transactions?
The game will be pay-to-play with microtransactions (nothing p2w). *note that the developers apparently consider "time savers" to be pay2win as well.

What are your plans for establishing an in-game economy? After a player finishes the game, how do they get more money, do you want to encourage Player-to-Player exchange of items for in-game currency, etc?
There will be several ways to gain money: quests, PVP rewards, tournaments, trading/auction house, etc.

Trading is open to anything, we don't want to limit it in any way. We also don't encourage anything, we just believe in giving players freedom of what they want to do with their stuff.

Would you consider adding Contest-like features from 3rd gen pokemon into Temtem?
Not in our plans, we are not huge fans of that.

Will the monsters be scaled to a fixed level/stats in competitive mode so will be put on an equal footing?
Yep. Fixed level, not stats.

Probably a silly question, but being an MMO, do you guys have plans for seasonal/holiday events?
We would love to do that but it's too soon to think about it. Definitely see it coming in the future.

There are some new things in here I didn't know about so I figured I'd share for others who also may want to know more and about the plans they have.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So what do you all do for grinding? Tihani is currently kicking my ass and I need to hit the grass. Any efficiency tips?

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
So what do you all do for grinding? Tihani is currently kicking my ass and I need to hit the grass. Any efficiency tips?
Well my foundation is built on making sure I have a well balanced team of monsters, so a mix of monsters that can dish out some damage and can safely be switched in. The stamina system makes it safer to switch in slower or defensive monsters. I also make sure in my team I have access to a every attack element I can reasonably get.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Every time I see a new patch I scan it quick to see if they lowered breeding prices yet and then get disappointed.

Cvie

Oct 25, 2017
Every time I see a new patch I scan it quick to see if they lowered breeding prices yet and then get disappointed.
keep in mind were technically only at the midgame, money should be easier to come by once the full game is out so if the prices are low it might make obtaining stuff a bit trivial.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
keep in mind were technically only at the midgame, money should be easier to come by once the full game is out so if the prices are low it might make obtaining stuff a bit trivial.

I wonder if they were worried about everyone having perfect Temtem before the next island comes out.

Cvie

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they were worried about everyone having perfect Temtem before the next island comes out.
yeah too many perfects before the full game is out is probably the big reason they jacked the prices on those items. But ive seen people comment on the prices of clothing cosmetics too and i assume those will look alot more reasonable at the end aswell.

DanteRavenkin

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I have the worst luck with rarer Temtems. My first Nessla had a 1 in Spatk SV; Oceara had a 3. That hurts my soul :(

Although I've been enjoying the grind/hunt for better 'tem.

Hero Prinny

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm on the ship to the 2nd island and i almost got wiped by Max. How do I heal my temtem on the ship? they mentioned something about sleeping in my cabin but I can't?

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
8hrs into the game and I just completed the first dojo which really
opens up first island exploration using the surfboard

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on day 4 of farming gyalis for a luma. I know my odds are bad but this scratches my prior gacha addiction. I'm wondering how long i can keep this going.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Played for about 2 hours so far. This makes a really great first impression. I do have this odd nagging feeling of wanting to play it on a handheld system though, haha.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Played for about 2 hours so far. This makes a really great first impression. I do have this odd nagging feeling of wanting to play it on a handheld system though, haha.

If you use Steam Link and stream it to your phone, it almost feels as though you're playing it on a handheld. I've used it a few times now and it's quite nice.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Haha, thank you for the replies! I'm totally fine playing it on PC, I have it all hooked up to my TV and it is perfect to just chill on the couch and play. It is just that feeling of always playing this format on a handheld before.