• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
So early access for PS5?
Do we know about its release anywhere else yet? I backed it quite a few years ago now for an eventual switch release.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Noice, is there Cross Save coming for the game as well per chance?

(Or Cross-Trading perhaps?)

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
This is great news, game looks fantastic and been waiting for it to release on consoles before I play it. Glad to see it's coming to PS5 in December. Can't get a PS5 so I wonder when it'll release for PS4 though since I've been excited/waiting for that version to release for awhile now.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited for this one! PC impressions were positive.

Did anyone break a PS4 in protest already?

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
has it been confirmed as crossplay between xbox and PS, would love to play with some of my PS buddies.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Oh it's expensive. Never played a Pokemon game but I want to try (zero attachment to the ip, never watched the anime), didn't buy Sword/Shield because of fans impressions and reviews.

Is this game better?

Deleted member 44122

This would be crazy tbh - sure about that ? Cant see how they would skip 160m PS4/Xbones yet bring it to Switch.
yes, they cancelled the ps4 and xbone versions
www.kickstarter.com

Update 71: Embracing Next-Gen · Temtem - Massively multiplayer creature-collection adventure

Tamers, As we announced today during Sony’s State of Play event, Temtem is looking towards the future and will be releasing on the PS5. While we’re super excited to share this news, we are aware that this announcement is going to raise some questions about our plans with the past/current-gen and...

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Remember reading how this game came about and have been looking forward to playing it since.

Mar 11, 2020
it won't be any serious competition. the game is pretty dead on pc.

This does not surprise me. I think it will definitely grow back once it launches with 1.0 though.

So my opinion on the game. I was super into it when it first launched in EA and it was booming then. Then they made this horrible decision to neuter anyone that kept playing and doing breeding and made all breeding items STUPID expensive in game to the point it drove SO many away including me as there wasn't much to do yet but work on breeding which WAS fun but became such a grind after they drove prices up but there weren't ways in game to make money but catching trash and releasing constantly. It was a horrible grind. Seemed like they upped prices for how they would be in game money balanced at launch but didn't account people wanted to keep playing in EA only to do breeding since there wasn't much else. I honestly think that was a huge mistake they made but they never seemed to fix prices.

Needless to say this might all be better at launch once more ways to make money are added, unless they think the grind should be that long and up prices again...

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I am surrpised at the prices tbh, this is an indie game after all. Seems nextgen is skyrocketing prices for all, whether AAA or indies.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'll be honest that I'm a bit sad about this exclusivity.

it won't be any serious competition. the game is pretty dead on pc.
It's not even fully done yet.

----

My original prediction was that it would sell like crazy, but we had the PS4/XboxOne versions in the pipeline then. All those possible customers just gone now.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly think that was a huge mistake they made but they never seemed to fix prices.

Needless to say this might all be better at launch once more ways to make money are added, unless they think the grind should be that long and up prices again...

They actually just addressed the currency issue:

And apparently these suggestions were very heavily based on community feedback. The Temtem team are really good at listening to the community I've found, and even though I dropped off before finishing the available content it was more because I wanted to do the rest all at once and not wait each time. But I love seeing all the attention and care they put into each update.

I think Temtem is very very good. Its far better than anything Pokemon has put out in over a decade imo despite being unfinished, and if you are in the same boat of being disappointed in Pokemon you should 100% give it a look.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Now that this is nearing release, I'm really itching to get it. I just hope the single player content is meaty and meaningful as I've got no interest in the multiplayer aspect.

Xypher

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Now that this is nearing release, I'm really itching to get it. I just hope the single player content is meaty and meaningful as I've got no interest in the multiplayer aspect.
The game will release on ps5 in early access, it is not finished yet, so I would advise to wait until the full launch if you are mainly going to play the single player portion. There is still quite a bit of planned content missing from it. The only advantage you have by picking it up immediately is that you will save about $7 and can play the current version.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The game will release on ps5 in early access, it is not finished yet, so I would advise to wait until the full launch if you are mainly going to play the single player portion. There is still quite a bit of planned content missing from it. The only advantage you have by picking it up immediately is that you will save about $7 and can play the current version.

Is there an ETA on when it'll come out of Early Access ?

On another note, haptic supports confirmed for this.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I really didn't get a lot of enjoyment out of Pokémon Sword. It felt very low effort to me, like nothing had changed or developed or dare I say, "evolved" in the 15 years the franchise has been running...maybe this might be better? It would be pretty ironic if it was. I'll give it a whirl.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I really didn't get a lot of enjoyment out of Pokémon Sword. It felt very low effort to me, like nothing had changed or developed or dare I say, "evolved" in the 15 years the franchise has been running...maybe this might be better? It would be pretty ironic if it was. I'll give it a whirl.

Yeah I felt the same way when I got a Switch late last year and played Sword. I hadn't played a mainline Pokemon game since Gold and Silver so I expected a lot more out of the franchise since then. Sword was one of the most disappointing games I'd played in a while. Just low effort all around. I've heard good things about Temtem so I'm definitely tempted to try it out.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played this game in a longtime, good to see it's cross play. Now another dev to bug about supporting DualSense features on PC when Steam fully cracks it and add it to Steam Input.